Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unoffical Preview - Round 14 - Bulldogs VS Eels - ANZ -

It is not a 'danger game' more like a really good test for 2 sides with their best players out for State Of Origin 2. Promises to be a cracker of a game that could answer some big questions:
How good are we?
Can we win?
How good are Eels?

Bulldogs have won their last 5 games in a row against the Eels.

To Win:
I don't think they have the speed of a Manly to kill us on the front's but their backline is much so much better than ours, blistering speed but good in and under players.Their strength is the way they move the ball and speed.
Their backline is dangerous when they get to use their footskills. If we bring our A pressure game, their front's will be useless.
If we bring the pressure game then the 'process' will take care of the rest.

Changes:

There are a number of changes to the side with Trent Hodkinson and Josh Reynolds unavailable due to Origin selection whilst Chase Stanley (knee) and Aiden Tolman (hamstring) are out due to injury. Josh Jackson shifts to the centres with Dale Finucane and Sam Kasiano elevated to the starting side. It is a new look halves pairing with Damien Cook named to make his Bulldogs NRL debut and former Eel Reni Maitua selected to direct the team around the park.

Tip:

Our form has been irresistible for before the Origin Period. Can't see Eels beating us unless we have an 'off' day but.

Bulldogs by 13+ point.

Match Officials: Referees – Matt Cecchin & Henry Perenara; Sideline Officials – Jason Walsh & Adam Reid; Video Referees – Bernard Sutton & Luke Phillips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So we are missing:

Hodkinson
Reynolds
Morris
Maybe Williams

They will be missing:
Hayne
Hopoate

I am pretty worried about this game tbh. I can't wait to see the team list.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So we are missing:

Hodkinson
Reynolds
Morris
Maybe Williams

They will be missing:
Hayne
Hopoate

Missing Stanley too. They will be missing Tonga too.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What time does the team list get announced? You can bet our team will be the last announced happens every week without fail!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly made a mockery out of our right side last weekend. No doubt the Eels will have picked up on that and will be utilising a similar strategy.

Not feeling confident at all with our defence. As we saw with Manly, this game could be won in 5 minutes of good football from the Eels. It's going to require plenty of discipline and solid defence from the entire team to win this one.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keen to see Thompson at Fullback.

I think he will do a good job!

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any options at the TAB on the amount of chip 'n' chase kicks which will be put through by Sandow?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eels without Hayne are like us without Ennis or Cowboys without JT. Hopeless. That should make up for our missing players imo

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we are missing:

Hodkinson
Reynolds
Morris
Maybe Williams

They will be missing:
Hayne
Hopoate

They are missing Nathan Peats as well who was a big loss

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've actually won our last 6 matches against them, we beat them 32-12 in round 19 in 2012. These nrl.com preview things that show last matches always leave out games.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly made a mockery out of our right side last weekend. No doubt the Eels will have picked up on that and will be utilising a similar strategy.

Not feeling confident at all with our defence. As we saw with Manly, this game could be won in 5 minutes of good football from the Eels. It's going to require plenty of discipline and solid defence from the entire team to win this one.
Wasn't their right hand side even worse? I reckon if we play more physical we should grind them out then get real fancy in the last quarter.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We've actually won our last 6 matches against them, we beat them 32-12 in round 19 in 2012. These nrl.com preview things that show last matches always leave out games.

haha yep 2011 is when I started attending games again, and we haven't lost since :P

Status
Not open for further replies.