Round 14: Dogs vs Dragons 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other than a nice try Elliot didn't do that much. His average metres for the year is 56, today he ran for 45 lmao

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Elliot was actually good today. He actually tackles and hits hard.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Other than a nice try Elliot didn't do that much. His average metres for the year is 56, today he ran for 45 lmao
Defence is 50 percent of the game though.

He hit well and with intent all game. Trevor Gilmeister wasn’t a metre eater. Great player though. Hit like a truck.

Really good game from Elliot, who is a popular target of vitriol in this site, but a pretty handy player.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence is 50 percent of the game though.

He hit well and with intent all game. Trevor Gilmeister wasn’t a metre eater. Great player though. Hit like a truck.

Really good game from Elliot, who is a popular target of vitriol in this site, but a pretty handy player.
He did, but as a middle forward in TODAY'S game you need to run more than 45 metres a game.

He has run over 100 metres ONCE this year. That's terrible for a middle forward.

So I could never give some a 3 2 or 1 when he is TERRIBLE in one aspect of the game, which unfortunately Elliot is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He did, but as a middle forward in TODAY'S game you need to run more than 45 metres a game.

He has run over 100 metres ONCE this year. That's terrible for a middle forward.

So I could never give some a 3 2 or 1 when he is TERRIBLE in one aspect of the game, which unfortunately Elliot is.
Oh come on, man... Kasiano never ran 100 metres in a game and he was a former dally m prop of the year who was too lazy to tackle. We have not had any issue making metres this year. It’s not like he submits at the line. Every team needs forwards who can hit hard and if we were having trouble making metres, I could understand people criticising him more.... but as far as I can see he’s performing his role well and as usual on here, people are kinda being un cessatoly critical.

Was definitely one of our better players s yesterday imo. And did a lot more than just score a try. He puts in every week. It’s not like he plays with the lack of heart of Keiran money for nothing Foran.

This place is so hyper critical. Most players in the team are pulling their weight or trying to.,.. some in key positions are slightly out of their depth.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh come on, man... Kasiano never ran 100 metres in a game and he was a former dally m prop of the year who was too lazy to tackle. We have not had any issue making metres this year. It’s not like he submits at the line. Every team needs forwards who can hit hard and if we were having trouble making metres, I could understand people criticising him more.... but as far as I can see he’s performing his role well and as usual on here, people are kinda being un cessatoly critical.

Was definitely one of our better players s yesterday imo. And did a lot more than just score a try. He puts in every week. It’s not like he plays with the lack of heart of Keiran money for nothing Foran.

This place is so hyper critical. Most players in the team are pulling their weight or trying to.,.. some in key positions are slightly out of their depth.
Yeah and when Kas would run under 100 I'd hammer him too.

I'm not saying he's not putting in either, I'm saying as a middle forward he offers next to nothing in a very important part of the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah and when Kas would run under 100 I'd hammer him too.

I'm not saying he's not putting in either, I'm saying as a middle forward he offers next to nothing in a very important part of the game.
And I’m disagreeing. He’s doing all he needs up in that area of the game. We’re making plenty of metres and he’s clearly filling his job description in this team.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And I’m disagreeing. He’s doing all he needs up in that area of the game. We’re making plenty of metres and he’s clearly filling his job description in this team.
Well I'm disagreeing.

And if that's Pays job description for Elliot, then it's terrible. AND all pay is doing is running Klemmer and Woods into the ground, especially Klemm.

I can't believe you can't see that a middle forward should be running for more than 50 metres a game. It's fucking terrible.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I am being hyper crytical. I also think people on here's standards have lowered because we have been so shit this year. So when a player does a few big hits and gets a try it's perceived to be a good game.

The fact that people are willing to give a guy a 3 2 or 1 for a game consisting of 40 odd metres, 20 odd tackles and a nice try is testament to that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe I am being hyper crytical. I also think people on here's standards have lowered because we have been so shit this year. So when a player does a few big hits and gets a try it's perceived to be a good game.

The fact that people are willing to give a guy a 3 2 or 1 for a game consisting of 40 odd metres, 20 odd tackles and a nice try is testament to that.
Lol, we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree, man....I think you are being a bit too critical tbh.....he played 43 mins by the way. I think as a ball runner he's better on the edges, anyway....I'd be playng Jacko at lock......but almost 50 metres and 20 tackles, many of them of true quality aren't bad stats for 43 minutes of footy IMO.

Klem and Woods are hardly being run into the ground. They are our most effective ball runners (especially Klem) I'm sure the coaching staff know what they are capable. Our forwards really aren't the problem.....though the reality that of the fringe players, only Martin has stood up so far is a bit of a red flag re our depth. I really don't think we need a metre eating lock with Klem and Woods producing so many metres.

Elliot is a good old fashioned player who hits hard. Underrated. Belongs oin our starting line up and earned those votes from people with a damn good performance, IMO.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Metres from middle forwards aren't as important as they used to be these days tbf. Elliott has some how managed to be the best of our middle forwards when it comes to pushing away from a defender or finding a gap and crossing the line lol.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was watching the game back today & wondered why the Dragons' first try wasn't sent up for a review as Frawley seemingly was taken out & was not given an opportunity to make a tackle. It was Cecchin though & Frawley didn't complain enough.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
List all 17 players

Rate them out of 10

Like The Rugby League Week used to do lol
Are you volunteering to tally that every week for the player of the year? lol. I think we will stick to 3-2-1.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mbye 3
Bmoz 8.5
Olive 2
Hoppa 5
Montoya -10
JMK 5
Frawley 4
Woods 5.5
Lichaa 0.5
Toomaga 1
RFM 6.5
Jackson 9
Elliott 8

Klemmer 9
Tolman 7.5
Holland 5
Priest -5
This wont count towards the tally lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Next year I want to handle this in a different way, it achieves nothing how we are doing it now.

I am open to suggestions on how to make it somewhat consistent though as at the moment different people vote every week and different amounts of people vote every week.

My idea is something like the Dally M's where X people are nominated to do the 3 2 1, but maybe change up who does it every week? Should we have more than one person every week? Or nominate say 10 kennellers each week and whoever gets the most votes gets 3, etc.

Suggestions?
Never work. Nominating ppl to vote doesnt mean they will show up and vote. Especially if we lose. And what about people who want to vote but arent nominated? The way it is now anyone who wants to can participate.

The 3-2-1 has existed for a long time as it is, and before i created the player of the year thread as a way to use the votes and quantify who the kennel likes the most based on form. No need to reinvent the wheel.

And it was not designed to achieve anything. Its just a bit of fun. Since i am the one who has created and tallied it for years, im not looking for it to become more work or more complicated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.