Official Round 13 - Bulldogs vs Storm - Discussion Thread

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Already without skipper Cameron Smith and livewire fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen, the Storm could be without duo Jahrome Hughes and Felise Kaufusi for Saturday’s clash with the Bulldogs. Hughes needs to overcome a corked hip which he picked up in Sunday’s win over the Knights, while Kaufusi has a quad complaint to overcome.
That is massive for our chances!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doorey and C Smith drop out and Dale Finucane is also out for the Storm.

The only reason that i can think of is why Remis is on the bench is maybe Averillo might have a stint in the halves.
Otherwise what the hell is he doing there?!?

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Renouf injured?
Deserves a spot on the bench...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tino is starting tomorrow. He's already Melbourne's best forward and has been dominating the last few weeks. If we somehow contain him and B.Smith, we're a good chance.

If Tino runs all over us and gives Wombat and Munster quick play the balls, we will be in trouble even with the guys they're missing.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne missing so many players makes me think we'll lose.... I actually like our chances when we play them full strength, we've got a great record against them..... with the most memorable being the 2014 finals game.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be 25% rain at the tiime we play. It will rain throughout the morning... so slippery conditions. It suits us. No Smith, No PapenHuyzen, potentially no Kaufusi and Hughes, and we really have a solid chance to win

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Already without skipper Cameron Smith and livewire fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen, the Storm could be without duo Jahrome Hughes and Felise Kaufusi for Saturday’s clash with the Bulldogs. Hughes needs to overcome a corked hip which he picked up in Sunday’s win over the Knights, while Kaufusi has a quad complaint to overcome.
Dogs 1-12. Even put some money on it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Combined 13

1. Meaney > Hynes
2. DWZ < Vunivalu
3. Averillo < Olam
4. Lafai > Eisenhuth
5. Montoya < JAC
6. Foran < Munster
7. Lewis < Hughes
8. Napa < J. Bromwich
9. Katoa < Smith
10. Ogden < Welch
11. Jackson < K. Bromwich
12. RFM < Kaufusi
13. Thompson < Tino

I haven't seen a lot of Hynes (there's been a little bit of hype surrounding him) so he could easily be better than Meaney. I also haven't seen a lot of Eisenhuth. I'm just picking Lafai over Eisenhuth due to reputation really.

Meaney, Foran and RFM have found some good form recently so if we're to win these three have to continue to play well and create opportunities for others and score points themselves.

It'd be a massive feat to beat the Storm tomorrow. All I can ask almost just like every week is to be competitive and to show something (individual brilliance, teamwork, effort, etc.) to show we're building nicely into 2021.

I wish we were able to play at full strength (mainly Hopoate and Elliott) but it is what it is.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Combined 13

1. Meaney > Hynes
2. DWZ < Vunivalu
3. Averillo < Olam
4. Lafai > Eisenhuth
5. Montoya < JAC
6. Foran < Munster
7. Lewis < Hughes
8. Napa < J. Bromwich
9. Katoa < Smith
10. Ogden < Welch
11. Jackson < K. Bromwich
12. RFM < Kaufusi
13. Thompson < Tino

I haven't seen a lot of Hynes (there's been a little bit of hype surrounding him) so he could easily be better than Meaney. I also haven't seen a lot of Eisenhuth. I'm just picking Lafai over Eisenhuth due to reputation really.

Meaney, Foran and RFM have found some good form recently so if we're to win these three have to continue to play well and create opportunities for others and score points themselves.

It'd be a massive feat to beat the Storm tomorrow. All I can ask almost just like every week is to be competitive and to show something (individual brilliance, teamwork, effort, etc.) to show we're building nicely into 2021.

I wish we were able to play at full strength (mainly Hopoate and Elliott) but it is what it is.
Whilst ill agree most of the players youve indicated that are better than ours are fairly correct (with exception of olam lol have you seen him play). On their day some more of our team can match the storm. So the guys need to be at their best and hunt as a pack in order to win..