Official Round 13 - Bulldogs vs Storm - Discussion Thread

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no way Oggy, Katoa and RFM all start if Dean still had the whistle. SG not afraid to mix it up and I am really happy to see Odgen start.
I also love to see Ogden starting too.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When everyone's fit, I would love to see:
1. Meaney 2. DWZ 3 Hoppa 4. Lafai 5. Knockonbor 6. Averillo 7. Foran 8. Toomaga 9. Katoa 10. Ogden 11. RFM 12. Jackson 13. Thompson
Bench : Napa, Tolman, JMK, Elliot. Get it done Georgalis! I'm backing us in a close one this weekend. Meaney and Thompson to go large....
Not bad, but I would rather Katoa than Tolman particularly on the bench. Also like many I don't believe Cogger has been given a fair go, considering Foran is not far from another season ending injury, Lewis not a half, a ? mark on Wakeham, and good No7's very hard to find.

Reactions: GDR

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think we have a decent chance but we need to cut out the basic errors which seem to have really stuffed us in so many games this year.
Bang on mate. Without those basic errors we would’ve/could’ve beaten at least the slimy Eels, Steelers and Sharks. At 5/7 vs 2/10, we’d be sitting around 10th which at this stage of the year given our squad and the interrupted season wouldn’t be too bad (a lot better than 16th anyway). So until we can add polish to the squad and coaching, substantially reducing those basic errors is key. Steve G appears to have helped in the 3 weeks he’s had the clipboard, but you just can’t (and shouldn’t have to) coach things like playing the ball the wrong way which leads directly to an opposition try at NRL level. That’s simply poor concentration.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Like Ogden but not sure about his fitness to start. Only played a handful of games with limited minutes. Need to give him more time and hel come good.
He may still only play limited minutes for now, as the first part of the half is played much faster and harder than the back end so he might not be able to keep it up. But I believe he can initially get us going forward moreso than Tolman and Napa. He just needs time to make that jersey his own.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad, but I would rather Katoa than Tolman particularly on the bench. Also like many I don't believe Cogger has been given a fair go, considering Foran is not far from another season ending injury, Lewis not a half, a ? mark on Wakeham, and good No7's very hard to find.
Nice crystal ball work can you let Steve know the game hes going down in so he can have Cogger ready!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith and pap out levels it up a bit good to see Ogden start why’s Smith not in for Montoya when does cogger get a run?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bang on mate. Without those basic errors we would’ve/could’ve beaten at least the slimy Eels, Steelers and Sharks. At 5/7 vs 2/10, we’d be sitting around 10th which at this stage of the year given our squad and the interrupted season wouldn’t be too bad (a lot better than 16th anyway). So until we can add polish to the squad and coaching, substantially reducing those basic errors is key. Steve G appears to have helped in the 3 weeks he’s had the clipboard, but you just can’t (and shouldn’t have to) coach things like playing the ball the wrong way which leads directly to an opposition try at NRL level. That’s simply poor concentration.
I suppose we will look back on these crazy times and think of all the things that went wrong both on & off the field.
A combination of inexperienced players and not to mention simple mistakes has literally made it impossible to build any real momentum this season.
To be honest I’m just looking forward to our next stage under T.B
New players joining us along with some development guys been given a chance has me genuinely excited for 2021 and beyond.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He may still only play limited minutes for now, as the first part of the half is played much faster and harder than the back end so he might not be able to keep it up. But I believe he can initially get us going forward moreso than Tolman and Napa. He just needs time to make that jersey his own.
Reckon Ogden will last maybe first 20 Minutes then Tolman will come on and play the rest of the game.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone notice every panthers player straightens the attack when going wide the opposition move in which in turn leave them short out wide. When we go wide we run out of space cause the players with the ball are moving towards the sidelines?
I noticed that a lot last year. I hadn't paid much attention to it this year and I've honestly only watched about 5 games with our lack of FTA tv games and Corona restrictions keeping me away from pubs early on. But I know what you mean. It really allows opposition defence to slide wide and muscle up, while meaning our centre and winger are almost playing on the same blade of grass.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We didn't defend well from the start against Parra.
We gotta start well with the intensity we finished the game with.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not wanting to take it away from SG, but I wonder if Barrett is already making some calls behind the scenes...
Possibly... he might have said who he wants to see more of Eg Ogden Katoa etc... he knows SG fairly well I’m sure they are in regular dialogue.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What is the official statement regarding To'omaga's injury?

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time Ofahiki got a start. What was Pay's problem not playing him? He just liked playing pluggers who plod it up for 2 metre gains. I hope we can get some real venom back in our pack going forward.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Playing on Sunny Coast might help reduce the home ground advantage too. Unfortunately I can't make it, but i hope to see Dogs fans outnumber the Storms.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Already without skipper Cameron Smith and livewire fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen, the Storm could be without duo Jahrome Hughes and Felise Kaufusi for Saturday’s clash with the Bulldogs. Hughes needs to overcome a corked hip which he picked up in Sunday’s win over the Knights, while Kaufusi has a quad complaint to overcome.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree but I think Cogger is just a bit slow and small for NRL these days. Would be different if he had the gifts of Alf or Baa but he doesn't.
I think the only reason many feel bad for him is because of the fact that our team isn't firing and our halves are not setting the world on fire. If we were winning and our halves combo was working well the same people would be like, "cogger who?".
If Cogger was the best half at the club he would be playing. Our halves have been shuffled around all season and it would appear that Foran and Lewis are the best fit. Im happy to let the coaching staff make that call.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Already without skipper Cameron Smith and livewire fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen, the Storm could be without duo Jahrome Hughes and Felise Kaufusi for Saturday’s clash with the Bulldogs. Hughes needs to overcome a corked hip which he picked up in Sunday’s win over the Knights, while Kaufusi has a quad complaint to overcome.
Kaufusi was clearly hampered by this last weekend. In some sense would almost prefer to play given he is practically on one leg...