Official Round 13 - Bulldogs vs Storm - Discussion Thread

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A BIG THUMBS UP TO GEORGALLIS

Lat week Tolman F'd Up & Ogden absolutely killed it - so bench Tolman & promote Ogden

Last week, JMK was below average and we scored all our points when Katoa came on - So bench JMK & promote Katoa

This is the only way to make players accountable and also to get full commitment from players in their performances "Reward For Effort".

Make these players fight for their positions!!!

Well done Goergie.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been that impressed with Hynes from his junior days at Manly till now. He's not a patch on Papenhyzen.
I'm really interested to see how Hynes goes in a full game as he is off contract and could be a possible cheapie for us with little NRL experience.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he's not perfect but heaps better than Pay and has removed the shackles from what the players are saying. Pay was a f..king idiot. Pay only ever released the shackles when it was virtually too late for us to make the 8. You would think after 2 successive years in striking success WHEN he did release the shackles he might start doing this from game 1 this year but NO back to the same useless shit gameplan
Agreed but I'm just too impatient. I would like to see the best team picked now or some juniors given a go since the season is over with.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ogden starting..man, you love to see it. I really hope he rises to the occasion. I honestly think he and To’omaga can strike up a lethal front row combination, they just need confidence and someone to light a fire under their bellies.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Ogden starting..man, you love to see it. I really hope he rises to the occasion. I honestly think he and To’omaga can strike up a lethal front row combination, they just need confidence and someone to light a fire under their bellies.
Yeah it’s pretty awesome. Hope Ogden has a blinder. This will be good for his game going forward.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few questions for the very proud SG:
Why is a winger/center on the bench?
Has Tolman been relegated? Is the beginning of the end?
Is Montoya really better than Crichton?
Where is Cogger? Was he dropped because he had a bad game last week, which is weird considering he played 0 minutes?
Lewis??????????? I know he can kick but have you seen him run and pass?
Is Renouf injured. If not, why is he not in the team?
FMD with this team selection crap - and you wonder why you're not a FG coach.

I will give him some credit. Kotoa and Ogden starting is great. Love seeing Doorey in the 21. Now get in the 17
Some people will go nuts here but Monty played alright last week. He hasn't been afraid of the tough carries out of our end (to be fair Crichton is also good with this). Aside from his kick out on the full last week, he did well.
Should've had two tries if it weren't for the Sutton ****.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very strange bench selection policy from Stevie G. I'm surprised to see Ogden starting. Can't say I don't like the idea of it though. He's been doing ok recently and if he goes well in the softening up period and gets back on late when he's freshened up it could be good. Will be interesting to see how Smith is used off the bench if he even gets a run. But Georgalis definitely hasn't read the section of the coaching manual that states a minimum of three forwards shall be on every bench.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some people will go nuts here but Monty played alright last week. He hasn't been afraid of the tough carries out of our end (to be fair Crichton is also good with this). Aside from his kick out on the full last week, he did well.
Should've had two tries if it weren't for the Sutton c***.
Monty played well and should’ve had a double

I prefer him over Reimis at the moment

Never thought I’d ever say that

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a relief to see changes in the side instead of the same old line up each week going no where. Last 3 weeks has been a big improvement.
Steves coaching is a positive and even his interviews are worth watching
Well done i hope they find a place for him with Baz
Yeah for sure. At least he is trying some new and different combinations. And its not just the backs and halves. I think he ŕealises we need some more impact up front as well.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very strange bench selection policy from Stevie G. I'm surprised to see Ogden starting. Can't say I don't like the idea of it though. He's been doing ok recently and if he goes well in the softening up period and gets back on late when he's freshened up it could be good. Will be interesting to see how Smith is used off the bench if he even gets a run. But Georgalis definitely hasn't read the section of the coaching manual that states a minimum of three forwards shall be on every bench.
JMK will come on for Katoa and Katoa will be that 3rd forward.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Few questions for the very proud SG:
Why is a winger/center on the bench?
Has Tolman been relegated? Is the beginning of the end?
Is Montoya really better than Crichton?
Where is Cogger? Was he dropped because he had a bad game last week, which is weird considering he played 0 minutes?
Lewis??????????? I know he can kick but have you seen him run and pass?
Is Renouf injured. If not, why is he not in the team?
FMD with this team selection crap - and you wonder why you're not a FG coach.

I will give him some credit. Kotoa and Ogden starting is great. Love seeing Doorey in the 21. Now get in the 17
Hopefully smoke and mirrors from SG

Smith to replace Montoya who drops out of the 17 with Doorey to make his debut on the bench!

And Tolman to start and swap with Slappa after 30 for 10 mins of run hard tackle hard either side of the break..:tearsofjoy:

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Melbourne are a different team without Smith. Never forgot how they got flogged 40-0 against manly in the grandfinal.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. At least he is trying some new and different combinations. And its not just the backs and halves. I think he ŕealises we need some more impact up front as well.
yes i am impressed with what he is doing he explains where the boys went wrong even though they were robbed last week. have confidence in his selections which gives me hope before a game i dont care who we are playing