Official Round 13 - Bulldogs vs Storm - Discussion Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's great to see Ogden starting and Georgallis realising we need more impact early but Napa is better suited coming off the bench than Tolman. It's also good to see Katoa starting..

If Renouf is fit he has to come into the 17.
Napa is BUT Tolman kills any momentum we get. Whether it be from his ball carry or getting the ball when its not needed for him to get.

For me if we have to, we keep Napa for off the bench and Tolman left right out. If we can't get another experienced middle then develop Ofa and start Toomanga when fit.

Tolman and Napa starting everything is way too slow. The game is fastest its ever been, having two plodders doesn't work.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a relief to see changes in the side instead of the same old line up each week going no where. Last 3 weeks has been a big improvement.
Steves coaching is a positive and even his interviews are worth watching
Well done i hope they find a place for him with Baz

Last edited:

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If ever there was a chance of an upset, this is it. No Smith or Papsmerehowzen, leaves them short of experience around the ruck and strike out the back. Their back line looks vulnerable and could leak some points. We just need to better in opposing 20. Dogs by 2

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman benched is the right call and kudos to SG. Katoa deserves another start and hopefully he has been working on his passing.
Reimis on the bench is bizarre and hopefully RT comes back in and we eventually see Doorey get a run soon

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman benched is the right call and kudos to SG. Katoa deserves another start and hopefully he has been working on his passing.
Reimis on the bench is bizarre and hopefully RT comes back in and we eventually see Doorey get a run soon
I know he had a few shocking passes, especially in attacking zone. But it was refreshing to see some quick passes off the ground generally

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks SG was not fkd off by the quick tap selfish Tolman play can take the fact he’s benched as confirmation

Great to see Katoa start, I’ve been calling for his opportunity weeks ago when Pay was around

Fair to say SG sticking with same spine (will only change through injury) because he actually unlike Pay understands the more time a spine get the better collectively

Renouf has to come to the bench for Smith

I think we can get the Storm

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we just talk about the fact that Matt Doorey has been given jersey no.22?? Pay would have never done this, i hope we start debuting some younger players. No point Reimis being in the team.
Yes we can Happy for Matt. Hope he gets a run soon.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few questions for the very proud SG:
Why is a winger/center on the bench?
Has Tolman been relegated? Is the beginning of the end?
Is Montoya really better than Crichton?
Where is Cogger? Was he dropped because he had a bad game last week, which is weird considering he played 0 minutes?
Lewis??????????? I know he can kick but have you seen him run and pass?
Is Renouf injured. If not, why is he not in the team?
FMD with this team selection crap - and you wonder why you're not a FG coach.

I will give him some credit. Kotoa and Ogden starting is great. Love seeing Doorey in the 21. Now get in the 17
Yes he's not perfect but heaps better than Pay and has removed the shackles from what the players are saying. Pay was a f..king idiot. Pay only ever released the shackles when it was virtually too late for us to make the 8. You would think after 2 successive years in striking success WHEN he did release the shackles he might start doing this from game 1 this year but NO back to the same useless shit gameplan. Pay would only make a decent coach coaching C grade in a local juniors comp.