Official Round 13 - Bulldogs vs Storm - Discussion Thread

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The last 3 games before today their effort was great. Didnt matter if they won or not but effort was there. Today after the missed goal from Avo it was all over. So many crucial blunders.
It was embarrassing sorry to say.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The last 3 games before today their effort was great. Didnt matter if they won or not but effort was there. Today after the missed goal from Avo it was all over. So many crucial blunders.
When Avo missed a sitter it was ominous signs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Avo missed a sitter it was ominous signs

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reflections.
* storms scored two length of the field tries against the run of play while we were attacking.
* storm score from a hail mary kick straight from the scrum while Meaney & Smith are caught loitering & disinterested.
* Lewis with his lucky dip of errors
* Tolman comes on with him momentum stopping runs, making he has at least on 4th tackle settler while we were attacking.
* Foran - MIA for chunks of the game.
* Jackson- worst game this season.
* Montoya with his Zero post contact metres.
* Kotoa - another good game. Showed much more than vision & instinctive plays than Jmk.
* Ogden Good in patches, but needs to get his fitness up.
* just one if those days when stormed made us pay for every mistake.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes i had the same feeling i hope the kid is ok not sure he went off because he was injured
At the time I thought averillo got hooked because of defence on his edge, commentators said he was injured.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the time I thought averillo got hooked because of defence on his edge, commentators said he was injured.
yeah they did but just wonder if the kid lost confidence just hope either way his ok

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah they did but just wonder if the kid lost confidence just hope either way his ok
He was up against olam, whos big and runs on to the ball at full pelt. It was always going to be difficult for averillo but he won't be up against that kind of challenge every week.

Hes only 19 and still has growing to do.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was up against olam, whos big and runs on to the ball at full pelt. It was always going to be difficult for averillo but he won't be up against that kind of challenge every week.

If he’s a 6 or fullback then that’s where he should be playing otherwise he’s going to be further exposed and confidence shot at centre

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

yes agree his missed kick was deflating for him i think surprised us all, Olam was always going to be tough for him

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox cameras showed Avo in the shed hobbling during the game, commentators said that he was injured.
ok missed him hobbling have to admit had one eye closed with the way they were playing

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he’s a 6 or fullback then that’s where he should be playing otherwise he’s going to be further exposed and confidence shot at centre
I think hes fine to stay at centre for this season and then let barrett decide in the off season whats going to be done.

Hes usually dealt with other centres well before, as I said olam is a different beast, hes all about raw power that averillo isn't yet physically ready to handle

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, the shanked kick plus the breaks, based on his responses too mistake s in previous games I thought they may be protecting him. Could be wrong. Just gut feel.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't see the game, not seen or heard anything. appreciate a quick run down if anyone could be bothered, score looks bad given who was not playing for the Storm.