Official Round 12 - Dogs vs Raiders - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Massive problems in the shed,no one wants to speak to coach or leadership group.Coach wants stats to be good but then tells them they should have attacked more etc etc.Very uneasy atm
Simple solution SACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the only way these duds sack that dud of a coach is to lose every match from here then so be it. Does anybody still support this so called “Coach”?
Hell no, I’m done!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Players need to come out in the media and drop the hammer, just state they do not believe the coach is the right fit for the club.

Drop that bombshell and the board have no option but to act.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players need to come out in the media and drop the hammer, just state they do not believe the coach is the right fit for the club.

Drop that bombshell and the board have no option but to act.
Any player that would do this would surely be reprimanded, dropped and possibly have their contracts torn up

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Any player that would do this would surely be reprimanded, dropped and possibly have their contracts torn up
True...so there'll be leaks all week in the papers and tv and more negstive press and pressure for Pay :( ...this is not salvagable you wouldn't think and something has to change.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
True...so there'll be leaks all week in the papers and tv and more negstive press and pressure for Pay :( ...this is not salvagable you wouldn't think and something has to change.
If this board who I’m still saying I’m willing to give time to to get things right have any kind of nous - Pay’s 2020 extension has a clause that he had to win a minimum of 8 games in 2019 and failing that the club is entitled to pull the extension offer with no penalty. He was probably happy to accept a contract with such conditions - not like any other club would hire him. Hasler pushed back on ‘Top 4 finish’ clauses because he could - he could always get another coaching job. There must be an easier path out of this steaming pile of shite before 2021.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this board who I’m still saying I’m willing to give time to to get things right have any kind of nous - Pay’s 2020 extension has a clause that he had to win a minimum of 8 games in 2019 and failing that the club is entitled to pull the extension offer with no penalty.
I would like to think it has but I doubt it. I think this board extended pay knowing they can't attract a decent coach with our roster and 2021 is too far ahead to think about if you want to be successful he keep your job. Pay is in the box seat if he has any talent or at least the common sense to listen to others, because currently he is headed no where...

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way too early for the board to fall on their sword and axe Pay within 2 months of an extension...

I'm afraid were stuck with him till at least mid next season.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez it’d be nice to have CHN right now
I could not even try to work out why he was omitted from the first grade side. Scored a nice try in reggies. He played HALF a game and was warming up as cover for first grade...he should have been in first grade but coach had to rush Elliot back......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do that and it makes the situation 100 times worose for the club as the players rally around reprimanded player and you end up with a mutiny.

If this board who I’m still saying I’m willing to give time to to get things right have any kind of nous - Pay’s 2020 extension has a clause that he had to win a minimum of 8 games in 2019 and failing that the club is entitled to pull the extension offer with no penalty. He was probably happy to accept a contract with such conditions - not like any other club would hire him. Hasler pushed back on ‘Top 4 finish’ clauses because he could - he could always get another coaching job. There must be an easier path out of this steaming pile of shite before 2021.
I don't think you can put performance conditions like that in a contract anymore. Rugby League Players Association and/or player/coaches manager would be all over that and tell the club where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.