Official Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farrrrkkk, really thought we would win that one and really wanted to win it, if anything just to wipe that smug look off Moses and Gutherson.

a few takeaways:

- Lewis just worries me. So many passes to ground and wrong options taken. Want to see Cogger take his place next week.
- what is the go with JMK and Katoa and their passing? There was like a 5 min period where each pass was going behind players when we were attacking the parra line
- how good is averillo, honestly. Can't wait till he's put in at 5/8
- tolman taking the tap, DMZ facing the wrong way to play the ball. I guess it's one of those moments where if you don't laugh, you'll cry???
- filthy at the reffing. Just trash

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone blaming Tolman how about blaming the dog **** ref that done everything to get parr’s the win. Especially our robbery of a try in the first half fkn mut

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a frustrating game to watch. We had enough ball to win that match but our spine and attacking structures cost us the game. The good news is that stuff will be fixed next year. Based on our performances over the last 3 weeks, we are a fringe top 8 side next year. Our defense needs some work but our effort and mental toughness is aleady there. We just need to upgrade the plodders and well be fine. Bring on 2021

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So my mans first game back..

he looked a little nervous and out of sorts, he had a good second half , still looks a little lost etc but it was game 1, he will warm up to it an get better each game. Was very nice (for myself) to have him back in the blue an white.. if he doesn’t come right after a few games I will put my hand up and say he’s not up for it anymore , but that wasn’t the point really.!! But to all you who don’t want him here, that’s great and I’m happy to cop that.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the forwards can hold their heads up this week.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So my mans first game back..

he looked a little nervous and out of sorts, he had a good second half , still looks a little lost etc but it was game 1, he will warm up to it an get better each game. Was very nice (for myself) to have him back in the blue an white.. if he doesn’t come right after a few games I will put my hand up and say he’s not up for it anymore , but that wasn’t the point really.!! But to all you who don’t want him here, that’s great and I’m happy to cop that.
He was definitely better second half.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farrrrkkk, really thought we would win that one and really wanted to win it, if anything just to wipe that smug look off Moses and Gutherson.

a few takeaways:

- Lewis just worries me. So many passes to ground and wrong options taken. Want to see Cogger take his place next week.
- what is the go with JMK and Katoa and their passing? There was like a 5 min period where each pass was going behind players when we were attacking the parra line
- how good is averillo, honestly. Can't wait till he's put in at 5/8
- tolman taking the tap, DMZ facing the wrong way to play the ball. I guess it's one of those moments where if you don't laugh, you'll cry???
- filthy at the reffing. Just trash
Spot on with all your points.
Every time I see Lewis in the side, I die a little on the inside. Why Cogger didn't get a run is beyond me.
We badly need a hooker. I know McInness isn't an attacking hooker but at least his service is good.
Avo is a gun. Needs more ball.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Out the blocks 18-0 down under Pay and we get blown off the park by 50

Our attitude right just lacking a 7 (Lewis had a decent game today ) but we need on the call dominant halfback

Gutsy effort boys

Proud

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on with all your points.
Every time I see Lewis in the side, I die a little on the inside. Why Cogger didn't get a run is beyond me.
We badly need a hooker. I know McInness isn't an attacking hooker but at least his service is good.
Avo is a gun. Needs more ball.
Relax cogger wont do shit for you

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barrett was coaching, or if Burton was playing, of if Api was playing, or if Tolman wasnt a dumb selfish c***, or if the disallowed try from the frust half was give, we would have won that game...........so close

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We narrowly lost to a top 2 side only using 16 players

In hindsight should’ve picked another forward instead of Cogger

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was always going to be difficult to beat sutton today. Penalties 7/1 parra in first half.
2nd half parra tanked especially Paulo who looked like he ate 6 full chooks before the game. Parra were laying all over us in 2nd half.
Our mistakes in the first half were a joke but credit to the boys for fighting back and nearly getting the points. best for me Avo champ and Ogden

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs attack looked more dangerous with Katoa than JMK. Must start next week. Often he sent passes straight to Lewis or Foran, bypassing the forwards.
The 2nd last hit up is typical Tolman. With only 1 or 2 plays left he took a settler. Aaaaaarrrghhh

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree will not pass to foran he always passes to the short forward stifles the attack not a dummy half at all ...
He doesn't give Thompson any ball either.

He just constantly wants to find Tolman, Napa and Lewis lol