Official Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it only me who doesn't like RFM on an edge? Or Averillo in the centres?

With RFM. Bloke is legit just a bulldozer. And a good one at that. But he isn't the attacking second rower we need. Hopefully next year he is in the middle.

With Avo. Yeh kid looks like he has a shit load of raw ability. But being pigeon holed in the centres doesn't play to his strengths. 5/8, possibly fullback (never seen him play there).
Same.. why are we looking for a prop when we have a good one playing on the edge.. and i would love to see avo get a crack at fb.. he has all the attributes.. its not uncommon for 5/8 to play fb and vice versa..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

With RFM. Bloke is legit just a bulldozer. And a good one at that. But he isn't the attacking second rower we need. Hopefully next year he is in the middle.

With Avo. Yeh kid looks like he has a shit load of raw ability. But being pigeon holed in the centres doesn't play to his strengths. 5/8, possibly fullback (never seen him play there).
I think RFM playing on a edge is more out of necessity then anything else. We don’t have many options there. I do agree though he is much better in the middle and I’d rather give Doorey or Topine a run on a edge.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think RFM playing on a edge is more out of necessity then anything else. We don’t have many options there. I do agree though he is much better in the middle and I’d rather give Doorey or Topine a run on a edge.
Why is our club always so reluctant to give youth a go.. i really hate that mentality, especially in a year with no expectations because the team is out of finals contention

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still havent given up on Stimson. He was good for the Storm last year. His form this year...........................Dean Pay.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I still havent given up on Stimson. He was good for the Storm last year. His form this year...........................Dean Pay.
My opinion is that the storm made him look better than he was, just like Crapa.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is that the storm made him look better than he was, just like Crapa.
I guess that just proves that he can perform in a good system right, hopefully Barrett knows what hes doing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I guess that just proves that he can perform in a good system right, hopefully Barrett knows what hes doing.
What? You mean sit on the bench most the game and let the better forwards play? Lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parra fans are very confident and I don't blame them, their team is going great. They expect their team to put a score on us but I think it might be a closer...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am sure an unpopular view but, I dont think he got hooked. I think Gerogarlis wanted to see if Wakeham might spark something with tired forwards around and thats why he made the change. You would have to ask SG yourself but I reckon Lewis kicking 550-600 metres a game and his better defence is keeping him in the squad.

When we have won or been competitive he has kicked 550 + and with Foran/JMK on the weekend it was over 1100 m.
Yes JMK kicked and he should do more of it.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We seem to lift against the eels happy cogger is there can't see us winning but it will be closer than what the average punter thinks

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll judge him when he’s not carrying injuries into round 1 and can train properly. He’s a good footballer

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll judge him when he’s not carrying injuries into round 1 and can train properly. He’s a good footballer
He'd have to have a huge offseason. He was overweight and out of shape heading into Round 1 probably because of the injuries you mentioned but he was a far cry from the player we saw at Melbourne.

Hopefully we can see something closer to the Melbourne version next year. You almost forget he's still a part of the squad as he only played three games.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'd have to have a huge offseason. He was overweight and out of shape heading into Round 1 probably because of the injuries you mentioned but he was a far cry from the player we saw at Melbourne.

Hopefully we can see something closer to the Melbourne version next year. You almost forget he's still a part of the squad as he only played three games.
Agree mate. In hindsight he should’ve been rested until the niggles cleared but I guess when you get a successful new recruit you’re keen to start the season well

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra fans are very confident and I don't blame them, their team is going great. They expect their team to put a score on us but I think it might be a closer...
Yes but now is the time of the year we cause upsets and can be giant killers.. oh and we unleashing our old Dogg Lafai, so more tries than they expect down their right edge :tonguewink::tonguewink:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

You are right about how unfit he appeared - i saw a photo recently not sure when it was taken but he looked a lot lighter - in the 3 preseasons under Pay i believe the club missed the mark in terms of fitness n strength

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Eels are going to get 15 set restarts off of us

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score

I would love to see RFM be played as an impact benchie u inject him late in halves and leave him on as long as you need plus he can play 80mins if u needed him to.