Official Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure an unpopular view but, I dont think he got hooked. I think Gerogarlis wanted to see if Wakeham might spark something with tired forwards around and thats why he made the change. You would have to ask SG yourself but I reckon Lewis kicking 550-600 metres a game and his better defence is keeping him in the squad.

When we have won or been competitive he has kicked 550 + and with Foran/JMK on the weekend it was over 1100 m.
No doubt that's the reason Lewis is in the team...because of his long kicking game. He offers absolutely nothing else in attack. To think you can be a FG half just because you have a big boot is shocking. A big boot gets us field position but not points. Until we get Burton, were stuck with him

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am sure an unpopular view but, I dont think he got hooked. I think Gerogarlis wanted to see if Wakeham might spark something with tired forwards around and thats why he made the change. You would have to ask SG yourself but I reckon Lewis kicking 550-600 metres a game and his better defence is keeping him in the squad.

When we have won or been competitive he has kicked 550 + and with Foran/JMK on the weekend it was over 1100 m.
Well it's a pretty shitty move tbh considering the condition and situation.

PS didn't a member on here bust that "better defender" myth?

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I assume Lafia in for Holland, Smith in for Montoya to play against his cuzzy. To'omaga??
Can’t believe Montoya was kept :( just hoping it’s a smoke screen but surely isn’t. The guy wasn’t quick to start off with. Now he is on one leg. Not sure what the thinking what that is.

Is it because Reimis has been a drop kick all year?

Hoppa will be back in the next few weeks. If no more injuries you’d think he’d slot In with with lafai which would either push averillo to fullback or the bench. With Meaney going to the wing or staying in the 1.

unless we go

hoppa
Zelezniak
Lafai
Averillo
Meaney

would much rather hoppa at centre though.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t believe Montoya was kept :( just hoping it’s a smoke screen but surely isn’t. The guy wasn’t quick to start off with. Now he is on one leg. Not sure what the thinking what that is.

Is it because Reimis has been a drop kick all year?

Hoppa will be back in the next few weeks. If no more injuries you’d think he’d slot In with with lafai which would either push averillo to fullback or the bench. With Meaney going to the wing or staying in the 1.

unless we go

hoppa
Zelezniak
Lafai
Averillo
Meaney

would much rather hoppa at centre though.
Montoya, Smith... doesn’t matter both are shit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Provided Toomaga is injured im happy with this side. Reimis may be a better player then Montoya, but he is lazy and his attitude fucking stinks. If he was suspended for high tackles I wouldn't care, but sneaky knees to the head and headbutt are just plain stupid, and he deserves to be axed, and of this is for a few games it might just sink in. It also seems obvious that Georgalis does not see him as a centre thank fuck.
As for Lewis, I dont think he was terrible last week. He showed some variety in his kicking, but naturally he still made a few glaring mistakes as per normal.
I disagree with people saying Lewis was hooked last week. I think Georgalis just made a very poor decision to play Wakeham for a short spell. Sadly for Wakeham, he was poor in those 10 mins and has been replaced with Cogger. Im good with that call. Katoa was quite good off the bench last week, and with a dry track he might actually cause parramattas big forwards a few headaches, so im happy to see him given another run.

As far as im concerned, this is probably about as good as our team can be right now given our injury list.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well it's a pretty shitty move tbh considering the condition and situation.

PS didn't a member on here bust that "better defender" myth?
No doubt that's the reason Lewis is in the team...because of his long kicking game. He offers absolutely nothing else in attack. To think you can be a FG half just because you have a big boot is shocking. A big boot gets us field position but not points. Until we get Burton, were stuck with him
I dont think it is that simple, sometimes with any team you have to make a plan on the run that suits the players you have. With a $1m+ player at 5/8 that drifts in and out of games when not injured and with only Wakes and Cogger as alternatives I think this is why Lewis is still in there.

If Foran was a Pearce or Thurston type that would get involved and run the game you could play Cogger at first receiver, but he simply isn't. Averillo needs to be second receiver so unless Foran steps up at 7 and guides us around the park we will have to put up with Big Kick Tackle guy until we get someone fresh.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stevie G making some changes (some enforced due to injury) which is good to see

Pay would never change a winning team

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis needs a massive attitude adjustment so I'm happy he's not playing as this should teach him a lesson.....otherwise he can piss off
Yes exactly. He needs a few weeks at least to teach him he's not gonna get picked each week for just doing the basics + brain snaps that cost penalties and suspension

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis and Montoya deserve there spots we won last week ! and holland is shit stop talking about him so annoying

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d like to see Cogger get a run at hooker at some stage. I think he can offer something form there especially with his kicking game. And how’s montoya still in 17

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

You're right, it is an unpopular view.

I don't know if you've ever played inside a stadium with torrential rain blowing in your face, but from experience I can tell you that it's absolutely fucked and it's extremely hard to find your bearings, even more so coming on late. As you said Lewis has the big boot, you also claim he is the better defender, so why on earth would throw a rookie half on in the final 10 to close out a game?

You simply don't. Try to see if Wakeham could spark something with tired forwards? Lol bro, did the Knights forwards look tired and is that even the smart play in that situation? Lol c'mon.

If Lewis was not forced off due to injury then he was hooked, pretty simple. We badly needed to find touch and regroup but for whatever reason both our halves failed to do so or even attempt it...instead Lewis continually flogged the ball down the back threes throat while Foz fucked around doing fuck knows what. Georgallis obviously fed up made the call to send Wakeham out with instructions to do that, Wakeham then attempted that but unfortunately put it out on the full and there was no returning from that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lafai in for his defence so will start right.
Lafai is hardly known for his defence, not to mention he is severely limited on the right side..odd move.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly believe Foran prefers Lewis as his halves partner until we get a real Half back or 2. I have read that Lewis can't finish off games But I say leave that to the million dollar Halfback. Lewis just needs to stick to the basics and tackle everything that moves.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Either Smith comes in for Montoya, or swap Montoya with Holland. Holland although not much better than Montoya, does offer that little bit more in bringing the ball back. What have we become that we now can only replace average with bog average ffs
Agree, if either Holland or Montoya have to play for some reason, would prefer Holland.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I honestly believe Foran prefers Lewis as his halves partner until we get a real Half back or 2. I have read that Lewis can't finish off games But I say leave that to the million dollar Halfback. Lewis just needs to stick to the basics and tackle everything that moves.
We can't and never will be able to rely on Foran and it's as simple as that. On a reduced contract and in a team with a more stable spine then Foz can absolutely be a match winner, unfortunately for us we don't have that. Lewis will play out the year and likely never see the halves again under Barrett.