Official Round 11 NSW Cup

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watched the NSW cup game.
Declan Casey has improved massively. I thought he was terrible last year but is looking really good. Aggressive and gets involved.

Alamoti is a powerhouse and his involvement is great, great skill set.

Kurtis Morrin has something about him. A bit small but good skills and suits the style of a modern day lock.

Topine was outstanding, cant be worse than Stimson and Waddle get him in.

Josh Stucky is better suited to the middle and has a great late offload.

BBO is class. Should be playing infront of Flanno.
Some good points - tend to agree with it all - BBO plays instinctively, agile - i think he is a better 9 than a half club needs to decide where he is best suited and develop him. Morrin n Topine bring energy but lack size - be difficult to play both in fg at same time, from memory when Morrin couldnt get a run in jun reps he was 5/8. Stuckey better in the middle lacks - lacks the speed to play on the edge. Alamoti id be playing in fg asap - even if not completely ready - has far more upside than most of the backs in fg

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know where Turahui is at/how he's going?

The opposition flattered our side and that lopsided scoreline?
Not playing to his best was selected to play for Moorebank Rams but due to injuries got promoted to extra reserve No18 for Dogs JF

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not playing to his best was selected to play for Moorebank Rams but due to injuries got promoted to extra reserve No18 for Dogs JF
When playing Flegg has been ok not a standout.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because he's a small forward and we haven't really been in a position to carry someone like him. If the rest of the pack isn't doing their job then he's just going to get belted all game.
Jackson Topine & Josh Jackson are similar height but Josh is a bit heavier.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow ok, that's disappointing to read thought he might be a good-un coming through..seems not atm

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson Topine & Josh Jackson are similar height but Josh is a bit heavier.
I would say nearly 10kgs heavier so I still think Topine needs to bulk up a bit more and assume the coaches do too? otherwise idk what other reason there could be..will see now Baz has gone and Harry has the steering wheel.
Maybe he should at least get a bench gig as he can't be any worse than Stimson.
Waddell would be easily a dozen kgs heavier but doesn't break the line and is undisciplined so does he start over him idk about that but haters would think yep do it!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was good to hear that Potter was at the game hoping there are some changes this week.
Id have Stuckey in the front row
Morrin at lock
Alamoti in at centre next to Kiraz
Topine on the bench
ZDC playing hooker id love to get rid of Junk next year cant come quick enough.

We Neeeeed a half back i hope Hayward comes back soon and get some cup games under his belt.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was good to hear that Potter was at the game hoping there are some changes this week.
Id have Stuckey in the front row
Morrin at lock
Alamoti in at centre next to Kiraz
Topine on the bench
ZDC playing hooker id love to get rid of Junk next year cant come quick enough.

We Neeeeed a half back i hope Hayward comes back soon and get some cup games under his belt.
Quite a few ins..who are the outs eg Stuckey replaces who? Morrin replaces who? Topine and Morrin are both a bit small could we do both?...idk
Alamoti do we go deep end for him yet? Maybe need to give it a shot or Declan Casey have a feeling he will grow in the top grade on a wing, shift the goer Kiraz to centre idk that's tricky.Maybe your Alamoti suggestion is the right one at this stage.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really like this Stuckey kid, should definitely get a top 30 spot next year

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would say nearly 10kgs heavier so I still think Topine needs to bulk up a bit more and assume the coaches do too? otherwise idk what other reason there could be..will see now Baz has gone and Harry has the steering wheel.
Maybe he should at least get a bench gig as he can't be any worse than Stimson.
Waddell would be easily a dozen kgs heavier but doesn't break the line and is undisciplined so does he start over him idk about that but haters would think yep do it!
Yeah but Jackson is a lot older and has gained weight over the years. He’s only 4kgs heavier apparently

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but Jackson is a lot older and has gained weight over the years. He’s only 4kgs heavier apparently
Yeh not sure mate to the eye it looks more like ten lol just looks a bit lean always has..deserves a go though.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking at the stats, the players that were stand outs.

Alamoti
183 metres
4 offloads.
Dude is like our own brian to'o, just racks up metres.

Topine
212 metres
100 post contact metres
1 try, 1 try assist
6 tackle breaks

Stuckey
189 metres
1 line break
2 tackle breaks
2 offloads

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After looking at the stats, the players that were stand outs.

Alamoti
183 metres
4 offloads.
Dude is like our own brian to'o, just racks up metres.

Topine
212 metres
100 post contact metres
1 try, 1 try assist
6 tackle breaks

Stuckey
189 metres
1 line break
2 tackle breaks
2 offloads
I've only seen a couple of games this season but Stuckey looks miles better playing as a middle compared to an edge. I'm surprised Billy got the start over him a couple of weeks back.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow ok, that's disappointing to read thought he might be a good-un coming through..seems not atm
Yes Bulldog, I thought the same, he certainly looked the goods. What about Mavoni Tuifoa, the big prop we signed from the Tigers?
How's he going and what is his potential?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes Bulldog, I thought the same, he certainly looked the goods. What about Mavoni Tuifoa, the big prop we signed from the Tigers?
He runs hard but needs fitness. One maybe two runs he’s looking for a rest. And not mobile at all in defence

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he's still with us, haven't seen him in the team lists for a few weeks though.
Hes Still eligible for Flegg too.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He runs hard but needs fitness. One maybe two runs he’s looking for a rest. And not mobile at all in defence
Mavoni has played in two games and was diabolical due to no fitness. He just couldn't keep up. He had one or two strong carries, spent a lot of his time on the field trying to catch his breath or behind each teams attacking line.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think Casey is next cab up? Seeing as he was named 18. Play him on the right with Kiraz drop OK and Avo. Give Dufty one more chance then maybe have a look at Kiraz or Creedance at fb. Leave the rest of the cup side alone, bring in a few here and there to cover for injuries/suspension, will Schoup and Kiraz get suspended? Let the cup side build confidence, maybe win the whole thing then bring that form to the 1s.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quite a few ins..who are the outs eg Stuckey replaces who? Morrin replaces who? Topine and Morrin are both a bit small could we do both?...idk
Alamoti do we go deep end for him yet? Maybe need to give it a shot or Declan Casey have a feeling he will grow in the top grade on a wing, shift the goer Kiraz to centre idk that's tricky.Maybe your Alamoti suggestion is the right one at this stage.
Alamoti in for Averillo
Stuckey in for Patolo
Morrin in for Stimson
Topine in for Jackson but that wont happen

Topines energy makes him play bigger then what he is.