Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Righto mate ..

You can spot class right away , wakeham doesn’t have it . Period !
1000 x correct. Wakeham is not first grade and probably never will be.
If he was going to be good, we would all know by now.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple more gritty wins and we might avoid the spoon. Isn’t this the time when we go on a run of wins now, last 10 rounds lol
I’m expecting another strong season end with only 9 games to go.
There are several contracts which finish up very soon so players will really try to impress and secure a future.
TBaz is keeping score behind the scenes,ready to swing that axe.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think it can be understated how much we got reamed by Checchin this afternoon and still held on. That entire second half he let the Knights do what they wanted and they were teeing off in defence and often offside. We got one repeat set the entire game compared to the Knights seven. To still win after that in those conditions is a huge win.
Too right we were. I had to stop and think whether or not we actually did sign Mata'utia because for most of his time on the field in defence he was practically shaking hands with our players. So far offside it wasn't funny and he would not have looked out of place in a Dog's jersey. Got sick of the six again for the Knights and pissed at the ones we should have gotten.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we won last week we'd be 13th. Big next 4 rounds for us with Eels, Storm, Tigers, Warriors. Must win 2 of those imo.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For those not at the game, the wind behind Newcastle for the second half was very strong. It nullified our high and long kicking game, which is Lewis’s strength (he doesn’t have much else in attack). I’m guessing, but maybe that’s why Georgalis gave Wakeham a run with 15 minutes to go.

Watching the game on TV misses so much, Foran was directing traffic all along the line in both attack and defence. He “called“ that kick to Meaney that Averillo ended up scoring after the deflection. I really had to look hard to even catch glimpses of his work in the replay. Same with Tolman, he was pushing (physically and verbally) players to get the spacing on the try line.

Anyone who gets the chance to watch the game again on replay, take a look at the action off the ball, there was a lot going on that you miss when following the ball.

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I still don’t get why Cogger isn’t given the same opportunity as Lewis. He was good backend of last season before Foran came back. He played well out of position in his last game. I think Cogger can be that competent half we need
Yeah I have no idea why he hasn’t been given more of a run. Looked pretty good to me at the back end of last year. Not a world beater, but a genuine half and more than competent.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those not at the game, the wind behind Newcastle for the second half was very strong. It nullified our high and long kicking game, which is Lewis’s strength (he doesn’t have much else in attack). I’m guessing, but maybe that’s why Georgalis gave Wakeham a run with 15 minutes to go.

Watching the game on TV misses so much, Foran was directing traffic all along the line in both attack and defence. He “called“ that kick to Meaney that Averillo ended up scoring after the deflection. I really had to look hard to even catch glimpses of his work in the replay. Same with Tolman, he was pushing (physically and verbally) players to get the spacing on the try line.

Anyone who gets the chance to watch the game again on replay, take a look at the action off the ball, there was a lot going on that you miss when following the ball.

Go Dogs
I was at the game today as well and agree with all you said,the conditions in the 2nd half were against the dogs.I thought Napa had his best game of the year and Lewis had a strong all round game.Was never going to be easy for Wakeham to play in those conditions but hopefully he will learn from it.
Was very pleasing being amongst Knight supporters lol and thanks for the corporate box invite to my good mate.I am now barred from it he tells me.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are going to have to defend like that for the rest of the year or we are going to get cleaned up by the likes of the Eels and Storm, may as well finish with some form.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I have no idea why he hasn’t been given more of a run. Looked pretty good to me at the back end of last year. Not a world beater, but a genuine half and more than competent.
Which looking at the last two weeks is what we need beside Foran. Should have beat st George but we couldn’t do the simple stuff like kicking

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good win, however lets not forget we have so many flaws still, still a huge roster overhaul required , Meaney is doing well at the minute, but i still believe a 9, halfback and 1 is needed to take us to another level. Lets not be fooled by a few decent performances after a year of really bad ones, its a very very average squad lets be honest.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I don’t doubt it for a minute mate. I’ve thought all along Foran is directing the play. It’s obvious we are a better team when he plays even if he’s not on the ball. I thought when he went off last week that was obvious.