Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why the hell is holland starting and Smith not in, shocking back 5

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the team I am thinking Georgalis might be trying to fool the Knights :p

He has been around for a while. So it’s a bluff move. Hope it’s not a double bluff move where he makes the knights think he is joking but he isn’t.

Reimis can fit in on the wing well. Would like to see how he goes on the edge and gives us another option to target with Lewis’s midfield bombs.

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate he is competing against Wakeham and Cogger. None of them have a running game and Lewis has a better long kicking game than both of them

I am not a Lewis fan but we were up 20-10 at half time last week with him and Foran in the halves. If Foran stays on we win that game

Jury is well and truly out on Wakeham. He has no running game whatsover and his kicking game is below average. In saying that though I thought the same thing about Kyle Flanagan last year so take my opinion with a grain of salt
Give me Cogger or Wakeham over Lewis any day of the week. I’ve got no doubt that Cogger would have closed that game out last week.

The jury is out on Wakeham but he hasn’t really been given a decent crack at the position. Lewis on the other hand has been given 2 years to try and prove himself.

Still think Foran should have come back on as well. But he and the coaching staff probably thought Lewis had everything under control. It was looking good until he failed to find touch off that penalty......

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's obvious that Foran and Lewis are clearly our bets halves combo.

Anyone who says otherwise are just being trolls. It's not cute anymore to pretend it isn't, you can't lie/wish something into reality.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
why the hell is holland starting and Smith not in, shocking back 5
Because Smith has been elected all year and is playing like poo and disinterested whereas Holland hasn't had a proper go. If he's going to fire against anyone it's Newcastle. The team that chases him hard three years ago.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
meant to rain on sunday which may work in dogs favour

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's obvious that Foran and Lewis are clearly our bets halves combo.

Anyone who says otherwise are just being trolls. It's not cute anymore to pretend it isn't, you can't lie/wish something into reality.
Wakeham/coggar/Foran - 7
Averillo - 6
Our best combination

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Smith has been elected all year and is playing like poo and disinterested whereas Holland hasn't had a proper go. If he's going to fire against anyone it's Newcastle. The team that chases him hard three years ago.
Lad Smith has been poor cause hes been in centre , lets play him on the wing instead where he scored alot of tries last year, Holland is absolutely terrible everytime he plays.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has two players outside him that he never uses.Is a ball hog and keeps stepping back into ruck.Is a runner only not a ball player.Has not passed a ball to an outside man and seldom even off loads for 2nd phase.
Good point, he hardly ever passes. Sometimes he shapes up to offload but never does lol.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lad Smith has been poor cause hes been in centre , lets play him on the wing instead where he scored alot of tries last year, Holland is absolutely terrible everytime he plays.
Smith played his best football when he was on the wing.....outside Holland. That was our best combination we have had and neither player has been the same since.He got disinterested last year playing outside Hoppa because he saw little ball and then wanted to play centre

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has two players outside him that he never uses.Is a ball hog and keeps stepping back into ruck.Is a runner only not a ball player.Has not passed a ball to an outside man and seldom even off loads for 2nd phase.
Reimis smith and Meaney are outside of him
Where’s the fullback trailing him
Or the hooker or 5/8 like all good halves do
I never said he’s a ball player but he shits on Jackson who is a nothing player now
Rfm offloads bur there is seldom anyone there
They just pass him and the ball and sit back and hope for the best

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reimis smith and Meaney are outside of him
Where’s the fullback trailing him
Or the hooker or 5/8 like all good halves do
I never said he’s a ball player but he shits on Jackson who is a nothing player now
Rfm offloads bur there is seldom anyone there
They just pass him and the ball and sit back and hope for the best
No argument here with Jacko but Mariner was bought as a ball playing back rower and that is far from the truth.The team desperately need a ball player out wide to bring the outside attackers into play and that includes the fullback.As it is other coaches only need to bring their centre up and in and Mariner steps back into the ruck.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No argument here with Jacko but Mariner was bought as a ball playing back rower and that is far from the truth.The team desperately need a ball player out wide to bring the outside attackers into play and that includes the fullback.As it is other coaches only need to bring their centre up and in and Mariner steps back into the ruck.
He is more suited to the middle tbh