Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit disheartening to be honest, but we just have to accept this will be it for this year. If we dodge the spoon it will be a miracle, otherwise thats all she wrote. Surprised to see the coach say that this is his spine....... Fair enough dont chop and change every week, but Lewis is not Rugby League standard let alone first grade standard. He had a 12 point lead with 14 to go and steers us to a 6 point loss.

Yet retains his spot it seems? He isnt and shouldnt be part of our future (he shouldnt be in our present) his inline defence is suspect, his playmaking is disgusting, his passing is the worst I have ever seen from any first grade player let alone a half, his midfield bombs arent too bad, but that pony has no other tricks to it (his kicking is very very hit or miss and has no short kicking game at all). Yet for the 7 or 8th time of the year he will run out for us again........

I have sounded like a broken record lately but lets use the last 2 months and a bit to blood players, lets stop losing with players that shouldnt be in the team.

Also gotta feel for lafai. I dont care if he has been at the club for 2 mins, he had holland and montoya picked infront of him..... Thats gotta be eye opening for him :p even if he lacks any sense of fitness he is still miles ahead of the 2 mentioned above. And if it is only a rest of the year contract he will miss out 10% of the games by not playing this week.

Reimis and Lafai should slot in next week (fingers crossed) and hoppa comes back to centre when fully fit and hopefully Averillo transitions to either a starting half spot or off the bench? I dont know.

Anyways rant over. Lets smash the Knights this week, and make klemmer our bitch. Hope thompson aims up to him and puts him away.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
pretty much expected team, great see averillo back in centres. Wakeham only there if Foran is not fit by Friday.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lewis plays I won’t be watching.
Mate he is competing against Wakeham and Cogger. None of them have a running game and Lewis has a better long kicking game than both of them

I am not a Lewis fan but we were up 20-10 at half time last week with him and Foran in the halves. If Foran stays on we win that game

Jury is well and truly out on Wakeham. He has no running game whatsover and his kicking game is below average. In saying that though I thought the same thing about Kyle Flanagan last year so take my opinion with a grain of salt

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimis missing out is really interesting, unless he's a late inclusion or injured. He's gone from dictating where he plays to being left out altogether, for Montoya too no less.

Wonder if the guy does have a bit of an attitude problem & Georgallis is giving his spot to a guy that busts his guts out instead.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d play Lafai over Holland every day of the week
Don’t give me the not match fit bulls hit
Mr Holland isn’t first grade fit fmd
despite the finish last week Montoya played a better game then Holland who wasn’t sighted the whole game !! Smith to wing Monty to centre and Holland off to the greyhounds.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its a bit humiliating to lose your wing spot to Montoya. Predictable, until his next injury, he is here to stay. And Lafai not selected, give me a break. Perhaps he is not familiar with the high standards of our backline.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remis has done SFA all year needs to get more involved, hopefully Georgie is sending him a message, clearly he was a Pay favourite and he is a wi her at best

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs more time to learn our complex structures
Lol . He might need time to learn the victory song .

But even if he did it would be pointless . A bit like me learning to withdraw money from my Sportsbet app .

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Someone tell me why Lafai has been left out of the side for this week???
Finally got some experience but we select holland the flop. Pearce and Ponga are going to tear him apart