Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Anyone else feeling sick in the stomach from what we have dished out this year?
Yes - watching us play makes me feel sick literally. I have to stop watching it.

Not that it means we aren't sh!t, but can someone explain how come when Tedesco scored a try after a clear knock on the play before they said sorry we can't go back to that because there was a play the ball in between so Tedesco was awarded the try.

Last night about 5 minutes from the end, the ball went dead from a Newcastle kick the referee said 20m tap to Dogs - we played the ball and did a (one out) hit up.

The video ref then saw it hit Dufty's foot before going dead and they did a rewind and changed the ruling to a drop out and Newcastle scored the next set.

So they couldn't rewind prior to the intervening play the ball to disallow the Tedesco try (decision against us) but they could rewind prior to the intervening play the ball to overrule a decision of tap to us and change it to a dropout (decision against us).

I am confused.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i was excited to go the belmore, fuk that shit now
I just fear I would be subjecting my kids to child abuse if I took them to another game. So far they have watched us get touched up by Souths and drop our nuts against Brisbane.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many times did that moron Burton get tackled on the 4th.. there wasn’t one good kick out in by Flanno on the last.
Burton has to be dumb as dog shit to keep getting tackled on the 4th numerous times.
Burton a moron and dumb as dog shit. That’s some serious stuff you’re smoking. He’s the least of our worries and by far our best player along with JAC. Throw in Schoupp and the rest can disappear as far as I’m concerned.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ht in flegg dogs up 24 to 0

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can assure you Bro, I have been trying hard to get help from above, but as you can see, with less than zero success so far.
Their is a saying that you have to be on good terms with the above to get divine intervention, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not good enough
If HacKe, Dogna, Southy, Tuffers and a few others got down on their knees just for once, I'm sure we would have more success, Jesus's loves nothing more than his lost sheep coming back home to him.
Did You Say Jesus???, I've been praying to Peter Bullfrog Moore and Steve Folks in heaven, but the way the club is going I'm starting to wonder if they didn't end up in the wrong place.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes - watching us play makes me feel sick literally. I have to stop watching it.

Not that it means we aren't sh!t, but can someone explain how come when Tedesco scored a try after a clear knock on the play before they said sorry we can't go back to that because there was a play the ball in between so Tedesco was awarded the try.

Last night about 5 minutes from the end, the ball went dead from a Newcastle kick the referee said 20m tap to Dogs - we played the ball and did a (one out) hit up.

The video ref then saw it hit Dufty's foot before going dead and they did a rewind and changed the ruling to a drop out and Newcastle scored the next set.

So they couldn't rewind prior to the intervening play the ball to disallow the Tedesco try (decision against us) but they could rewind prior to the intervening play the ball to overrule a decision of tap to us and change it to a dropout (decision against us).

I am confused.
You are not confused mate, what you are seen is true, I wish some people had seen some of the things I've seen. There is a lot of nasty people who have agendas, as an example the lads on NRL 360 did there best to make our club look bad when poor old Flanno was droped for poor form, which has now been well and truly vindicated. (Mind you our coaches-club foolishly reinstated him to try to gain some respectability)
I believe that type of reporting is what turns potential players as well as our current players and all RL fans away from our club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are not confused mate, what you are seen is true, I wish some people had seen some of the things I've seen. There is a lot of nasty people who have agendas, as an example the lads on NRL 360 did there best to make our club look bad when poor old Flanno was droped for poor form, which has now been well and truly vindicated. (Mind you our coaches-club foolishly reinstated him to try to gain some respectability)
I believe that type of reporting is what turns potential players as well as our current players and all RL fans away from our club.
does our club not deserve to be made to look bad tho? seriously we're a mess

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Cheers Kelpie03.

I definitely believe there are agendas against the Dogs. Have been supporting since 1978 and have seen so much of it over many years.

That point I described regarding the different application of the rules was a nice simple way to make the point. It wasn't some different discretionary rulings about a forward pass or whether a ball was properly grounded or whatever.

It was rule which is black and white ie you can't rewind to an earlier issue and change a ruling when there has been a play the ball in between.

The rule was applied differently between our games against the Roosters and Newcastle. And as I said, on both occasions the ruling was to our disadvantage (Tedesco try after Roosters knock on and Clune try in set after drop out when originally our 20 metre tap was ruled).

The rules as applied by the NRL referees on the same point can't be different on different days. But the rule was applied differently and what a surprise - against us both times.

RookieDog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cheers Kelpie03.

I definitely believe there are agendas against the Dogs. Have been supporting since 1978 and have seen so much of it over many years.

That point I described regarding the different application of the rules was a nice simple way to make the point. It wasn't some different discretionary rulings about a forward pass or whether a ball was properly grounded or whatever.

It was rule which is black and white ie you can't rewind to an earlier issue and change a ruling when there has been a play the ball in between.

The rule was applied differently between our games against the Roosters and Newcastle. And as I said, on both occasions the ruling was to our disadvantage (Tedesco try after Roosters knock on and Clune try in set after drop out when originally our 20 metre tap was ruled).

The rules as applied by the NRL referees on the same point can't be different on different days. But the rule was applied differently and what a surprise - against us both times.

RookieDog
Did Duffit kick it or did it just bounce onto his foot on the line?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Did Duffit kick it or did it just bounce onto his foot on the line?
Hi Wendog33

Dufty was sort of shadowing the ball with his foot nearby in case he had to kick it dead.

He didn't kick it or play at it but his foot was planted completely in the field of play. The ball landed on top of his foot and then went dead ie I believe it was the correct ruling that it went dead off the Dogs but it was the fact that the referee ruled 20m tap, we did a hit up, got tackled and then the video ref got involved and turned back time and changed the ruling to a dropout. Can't do that - that's against the rules.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hi Wendog33

Dufty was sort of shadowing the ball with his foot nearby in case he had to kick it dead.

He didn't kick it or play at it but his foot was planted completely in the field of play. The ball landed on top of his foot and then went dead ie I believe it was the correct ruling that it went dead off the Dogs but it was the fact that the referee ruled 20m tap, we did a hit up, got tackled and then the video ref got involved and turned back time and changed the ruling to a dropout. Can't do that - that's against the rules.
Yes agree. Another "spontaneous" "contentious" ruling against the Bulldogs.

Socials saying his foot was on the line so ball was out anyway?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting ti see if Annersley addresses the breach of ruled by the officials or conveniently sweeps it under the carpet hoping nobody notices it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does our club not deserve to be made to look bad tho? seriously we're a mess
Making the club look bad because of the way it plays on the field, is different to what happened with Flanno, the club did nothing wrong with Flanno.
If you look carefully you will see many more examples of it.
BTW I thought (might be wrong though) that Gould was appointed to make our club gain more respectability with the NRL and the Media.
However so far it looks as thought it hasn't worked and it appears to me that he himself has actually lost respectability in the RL world.