Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This game is going to answer a lot of questions for me regarding our team.

Neutral ground for both teams.

Knight do have some players back in their squad.
But still very low on confidence and will play desperate for a win.

Let's be honest with ourselves.
This game is winnable.

We really should win this game, and if we don't that will tell a lot.
Not only will it almost certainly cement us for the spoon.
But it will prove without a doubt that we have not improved as a team.

And that will do me for season 2022.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Highly winnable except we have a bum coach whose lineup and game plan is a joke

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Either way there will probably be several changes next week as it's Round 11 and development/Reserves players can play without an exemption.

So hopefully we see Kiraz, Credence, maybe Docker-Clay on the bench and a few others..
Crededence is not definiteLy not ready, ZDC definitely no, only one would be Kiraz imo

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just bizarre a team with 1win puts in one of its worst performances yet lineup is unchanged if there aren’t changes next round trent truely is clueless
Who do you expect to come in and replace the current players ?

Love to see what you come up with cause the simple fact is who ever comes in is no better than the players their replacing .

Besides last weeks game , with the exception of a few players , the team has been stable and building slowly , certainly against the roosters.

So you don’t make changes for the sake of Making changes If you don’t have anyone better to replace

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wtf is wrong with this spastic coach. Keeps Averillo in the centres, keeps naden on the wing who is potentially one of the worst wingers in the game, jmk is there for his defence but does fuck all in attack and continues with Jackson in the 13. Seriously Newcastle to smack us by 13+… he deserves everything that’s coming to him. Joke of a coach
Ok so who does he bring into the Centres and who does he replace Naden with on the wing (and don't say Kiraz.) plenty of people early on in the year were saying Nadens not a centre his best position is on the wing blah blah... now because he has had a few shockers ...FFS. For a lack of better word The Dementia shown by the Kennel sometimes really does my head in.

Yeah I was disappointed at our result on Friday night, we should have won that game. I do not however say the reason we lost was because Gould was no longer coaching us, Gould was never the coach, Barrett was. I think the problem is JJ. Not his ball playing or even his niggle/ six agains he gives away. I think he expects to lose, and that is how the players see it too. You can also see it in the Pressers, when the first things goes against them on the field JJ probably starts preparing his responses in the presser rather than trying to lift the team. I think more responsibility needs to be given to JAC.

Both JAC and Burton were doing everything they could possibly do to turn the team around, but the rest of the team were brought down by JJ. We need to get the team listening to JAC and Burton and stop listening to JJ. JJ needs to fall on his sword and step down from the captaincy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We kick off Magic Round this weekend and I thought it would be interesting to compare our side to the corresponding game last year when we played Canberra at Suncorp and were beaten 20-18. What a difference a year makes.

Cotric, Meaney and DWZ scored our tries and Averillo kicked 3 from 3. Luke Thompson made the most tackles and most metres in this game while DWZ scored the most fantasy points.

What a difference a year makes.

1Matt DuftyDWZ
2Brent NadenN Cotric
3Aaron SchouppW Hopoate
4Jake AverilloN Meaney
5Josh Addo CarrT Katoa
6Matt BurtonB Wakeham
7Kyle FlanaganJ Averillo
8Luke ThompsonLuke Thompson
9Jeremey Marshall KingS Kotoa
10Paul VaughanA Seumanufagai
11Corey WaddellA Elliott
12Tevita Pangai JuniorC Smith
13Josh JacksonR Atoni
Interchange
14Bailey Biondi OdoB Deitz
15Joe StimsonC Waddell
16Max KingM Doorey
17Chris PatoloO Ogden
Fark me, only 1 player (Thompson) is selected in the same position for us as last year and there are 2 that have changed positions (Averillo and Waddell), FMD, 3 out of 17, it's no wonder that we have very little gel, not much in the way of combinations built up over time playing together.

Always a Bulldog

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Complete waste of my time if Tbaz is just going to keep picking the same shite every week that is seeing us fail miserably. Didn't even turn up last week after a win and a seriously weak Raiders team. There is no excuse for that shite but to go ahead and pick that team again, fuk me!

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so who does he bring into the Centres and who does he replace Naden with on the wing (and don't say Kiraz.) plenty of people early on in the year were saying Nadens not a centre his best position is on the wing blah blah... now because he has had a few shockers ...FFS. For a lack of better word The Dementia shown by the Kennel sometimes really does my head in.

Yeah I was disappointed at our result on Friday night, we should have won that game. I do not however say the reason we lost was because Gould was no longer coaching us, Gould was never the coach, Barrett was. I think the problem is JJ. Not his ball playing or even his niggle/ six agains he gives away. I think he expects to lose, and that is how the players see it too. You can also see it in the Pressers, when the first things goes against them on the field JJ probably starts preparing his responses in the presser rather than trying to lift the team. I think more responsibility needs to be given to JAC.

Both JAC and Burton were doing everything they could possibly do to turn the team around, but the rest of the team were brought down by JJ. We need to get the team listening to JAC and Burton and stop listening to JJ. JJ needs to fall on his sword and step down from the captaincy.
I'd put Jacko prop rotation only

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This game is going to answer a lot of questions for me regarding our team.

Neutral ground for both teams.

Knight do have some players back in their squad.
But still very low on confidence and will play desperate for a win.

Let's be honest with ourselves.
This game is winnable.

We really should win this game, and if we don't that will tell a lot.
Not only will it almost certainly cement us for the spoon.
But it will prove without a doubt that we have not improved as a team.

And that will do me for season 2022.
Yeah we lose this weekend and I think Ill give league a miss for a while.
Fuck paying for Kayo to watch us lose without improvement for the rest of the year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone got a suggestion for something to watch on Netflix instead, or will I just rearrange my sock drawer again? I have zero expectation for this game, and can't watch it with mates, because I'm embarrassed that the players have no idea what to do anymore. They are numb. Does Gus not see this?
Yep, A Stranger a British mini series..few twists in it liked it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

For starters naden is best suited as a centre wether you think so or not. He gets caught out in defence and needs someone outside him to cover. He has butter fingers also so the less he has to leap for the ball the better. You say who does he replace its simple. Slap okunbour in there. Yes he gets a lot of hate on here but he isn’t as bad as naden. Ave shouldn’t be a centre simple. He is to small and basically has nothing to offer as a centre.
Kiraz was never in the picture till after round 10 so there’s a potential replacement.
Jj shouldn’t be in the 13… no other comment then tell me why he should be? I think you also agreed he was a big problem and I also agree he shouldn’t be captain. Since he got the c he has gone backwards big time

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who do you expect to come in and replace the current players ?

Love to see what you come up with cause the simple fact is who ever comes in is no better than the players their replacing .

Besides last weeks game , with the exception of a few players , the team has been stable and building slowly , certainly against the roosters.

So you don’t make changes for the sake of Making changes If you don’t have anyone better to replace
Is that you trent