Official Round 10 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Game Day Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah he was getting picked before Topine, Edwards, Morrin & others.
Because Ciraldo got spooked after the Manly game where we lost Kiraz to a HIA and defensively fell apart during that period. Okunbor jumped ahead of everyone because he would play on the wing and forwards.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just read raiders dolphins stats. How was that game even close. Stats say raiders by 30..Saints were horrible yesterday, whilst I enjoyed the game was entertaining, can’t see raiders being that easy. In saying that a full strength Canterbury yesterday win by 30 also
I watched that game. Raiders played with real emotion and intensity for the first 20 but then faltered. Ref ended up giving them the game with a shocking call in extra time. Dolphins scored with real ease whenever they had good field position. This is a winnable game for our 2nd grade squad. Our top 17 wins by 13+

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in more evidence the NRL has some kind of agenda against us, another short turnaround for us… we should be playing a weekend game or against a team that also played Sunday.
on the flip side, we play before the turf is torn to shit and hopefully means there aren’t any ankle and knee injuries, we then get to return to sydney saturday morning for recovery and get back into training early for a home game the following friday. no agenda to be honest.

now compare that to the warriors play 3 games in 11 days against melbourne, easts and penrith - two of which include overseas and interstate travel - and anyone that failed a HIA in game 1 misses 2 for the club. that’s a far tougher slog than us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why do you have to come up with a name for everyone
Just trying to make you guys laugh.

No malice in it....except flamingo the dud.

Plus we are Aussies, everyone and everything has a nickname lol

PS while I got you, don't you think it would of looked better if it was BVLLDOGS instead of BULLDVGS?

Don't know why they changed it O..

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just trying to make you guys laugh.

No malice in it....except flamingo the dud.

Plus we are Aussies, everyone and everything has a nickname lol

PS while I got you, don't you think it would of looked better if it was BVLLDOGS instead of BULLDVGS?

Don't know why they changed it O..
Appreciate that brother.

Hahaha looks like a joke as is, some needs to be fired

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite all the haters, i actually think he is turning into a decent utility. How many players can cover wing and prop?? He my not be killing it in both positions, but he does a job, and with our current injury crisis, that what we need from him.
Bar his over run of the ball against cronulla his mistakes have almost disapeared, and he is starting to have a bit of impact on the field. If he continues to improve i wouldnt overly mind if he was re-signed tbh. Same can be said for Waddell. I think he has been very good for us this year. So long as they were both signed on minimal contracts i have no issue.
You make good points. Re Okky, the fact we didn't notice him in particular means he didn't make mistakes for which he is renown. Much better suited as a forward so he doesn't have to catch a high ball, rather than a winger.
We are also seeing an evolution in the game, in the use of more utility type players. From the bench, Okky can bring it out of yardage, like a winger, and make tackles in the middle as a middle forward. Many players are showing adaptability, to be used however a team needs them. Many players also seem to be roving around. Nu Brown is a ball playing running lock, or a hooker, whatever is needed, and Grub moved into lock yesterday when KO came on.
Waddell has been reliable in most games, he's found a home on that RHS, but his strength is probably best as a middle, as when Kikks is back, Kikks moves to LHS, moving Preston to right edge.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I watched that game. Raiders played with real emotion and intensity for the first 20 but then faltered. Ref ended up giving them the game with a shocking call in extra time. Dolphins scored with real ease whenever they had good field position. This is a winnable game for our 2nd grade squad. Our top 17 wins by 13+
Raiders also knocked on 3 tackles before they were given the shot at penalty goal as admitted by Graham Analslay

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difficult one to predict. Raiders have lost to Cowboys (who are a shambles) and got fucking pumped by Penrith (who went on to lose to Tigers). On the other hand, they beat the competition leaders in Rd 6.

I'm just glad the "Jack Wighton needs to prove he still cares about the Raiders" game was last week and not against us. :P
Yep!
I can see a massive drop in their performance after the extremely emotional week and win last week. They are there for the taking if we turn up and can stay in the fight for the 1st quarter of the match. Either way it will be a tough day at the office for the pigs…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep!
I can see a massive drop in their performance after the extremely emotional week and win last week. They are there for the taking if we turn up and can stay in the fight for the 1st quarter of the match. Either way it will be a tough day at the office for the pigs…
They'll be a lot harder to break down thru the middle than rabble Dragons, but as we've seen, a committed bunch of team mates playing for each other on every play can have success. Raiders are faders but can score quickly when on song.

At least we now know we can be in the fight if we execute.