Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going to have a lazy $100 on the Doggies v Knights in round 1. I think we are or will be $2 something outsiders. I like my chances.
Ive loaded up on

BET 1

Dogs win
Manly win (roosters are slow starters, no cordner and manly have Foran and Turbo back)
Souths win

$20/1 through sports bet.

BET 2

Dogs win
Manly win
Souths win
Titans win

$35/1 through sportsbet.

My informer here on the GC tells me C Smith has signed with titans.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Supposedly they'll be playing Connor Watson at lock which should make them even more vulnerable defensively.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ive loaded up on

BET 1

Dogs win
Manly win (roosters are slow starters, no cordner and manly have Foran and Turbo back)
Souths win

$20/1 through sports bet.

BET 2

Dogs win
Manly win
Souths win
Titans win

$35/1 through sportsbet.

My informer here on the GC tells me C Smith has signed with titans.
I like those odds

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
doubt they will play him at lock, I think that's just what fox sports predicts
Yeah I don't trust those predicted lineups either but I have read some articles with quotes from Watson saying that's where he's been training and it's on the cards.

Maybe Watson will do what Katoa did for us last season and play lock off the bench if he doesn't start? Brailey is fit again for them so he'll play most of the game at hooker.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I don't trust those predicted lineups either but I have read some articles with quotes from Watson saying that's where he's been training and it's on the cards.

Maybe Watson will do what Katoa did for us last season and play lock off the bench if he doesn't start? Brailey is fit again for them so he'll play most of the game at hooker.
I don't see Watson as a good lock do you?
I hope they do play him at lock for our sake

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see Watson as a good lock do you?
I hope they do play him at lock for our sake
I think he'll struggle defensively in that role over big minutes. He's a great utility player when fit but then again with most teams playing smaller locks these days and putting hookers at lock, maybe he can be effective in short stints?

Peachey and Katoa played similar bench lock type rolls last year and were both effective in doing so, so maybe we'll see more of this type of thing this season?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just shows how much footy I watched last year, didn't notice the smaller locks except Katoa for us.
He did okay I thought

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just shows how much footy I watched last year, didn't notice the smaller locks except Katoa for us.
He did okay I thought
It will be interesting to see what coaches do now with a season to look at the new rules, and an off season to prepare with that information. Rotating x-factor players at lock could be something to get them closer to the ball at times, mainly later in games. I couldn't ever see Watson starting at lock though. And hopefully Katoa never needs to play more than 15 minutes at lock or dummy half, in which case he can do ok - just.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoping Topine kills it for the Maoris, I think he can definitely sneak into the side for Round 1 on the bench. He looks like the type of bloke you could chuck at centre or hooker if there are any injuries which means we dont have to carry Katoa.

8 Hetherington
9 JMK
10 Napa (drops to bench when Thompson returns with Ogden or Atoni making way)
11 Jacko
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 Waddell/Doorey
15 Atoni
16 Ogden
17 Topine