Hetherington
Elliot
Waddell
Jackson

Atoni
Rfm
Napa
Deitz .
Hope that Waddell RFM/Flanagan/Hoppa/DWZ have that right side defence sorted...looked amateurish in the trial with Waddell. If not, the Kinniggetts will have a field day

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From FOX sports

FRIDAY MARCH 12

Newcastle Knights vs Canterbury Bulldogs, 6.00pm at McDonald Jones Stadium

Predicted Knights team
: 1 Tex Hoy 2 Starford To’a 3 Bradman Best 4 Gehamat Shibasaki 5 Hymel Hunt 6 Kurt Mann 7 Mitchell Pearce 8 David Klemmer 9 Jayden Brailey 10 Daniel Saifiti 11 Mitch Barnett 12 Tyson Frizell 13 Connor Watson 14 Phoenix Crossland 15 Pasami Saulo 16 Jacob Saifiti 17 Sauaso Sue

Team Tips: Knights superstar Kalyn Ponga is out with a shoulder injury potentially until Round 4, with Tex Hoy set to start the season in the No.1 jersey. Five-eighth Blake Green is not due back from a knee injury until the second month of the season, with Kurt Mann tipped to partner Mitchell Pearce in the halves. Star recruit Tyson Frizell will start in the back row making up for the loss of Lachlan Fitzgibbon who is out with a shoulder injury indefinitely. The big change for the Knights in 2021 is Connor Watson’s switch from hooker utility to lock. Winger Hymel Hunt is set to overcome a hamstring issue in time for Round 1, while Edrick Lee is set to miss the opening rounds with a foot injury. His place will likely be taken by Starford To’A with Gehamat Shibasaki partnering Bradman Best in the centres. Phoenix Crossland is vying for a bench spot after starting at No.6 in the trial against the Storm. Jirah Momoisea (Achilles) is out indefinitely.

Predicted Bulldogs team: 1 Corey Allan 2 Nick Meaney 3 Nick Cotric 4 Will Hopoate 5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6 Jake Averillo 7 Kyle Flanagan 8 Dylan Napa 9 Sione Katoa 10 Jack Hetherington 11 Adam Elliott 12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13 Josh Jackson 14 Brad Deitz 15 Corey Waddell 16 Ofahiki Ogden 17 Renouf Atoni

Team Tips: Bulldogs’ star recruit Nick Cotric will make his return from an ankle injury to partner Will Hopoate in the centres. Hopoate shifts from fullback to accommodate signing Corey Allan at the back. Jake Averillo is set to overcome an elbow complaint to partner star halfback recruit Kyle Flanagan in the halves. Meanwhile, the injury to Jeremy Marshall-King could open the door to Brad Deitz, 26, to make his NRL debut.

It is understood the Dogs have requested an exemption for the trialist to play in Round 1 with Sione Katoa also struggling with a calf injury. Dylan Napa (knee) and Raymond Faitala-Mariner (ankle) are all due to play in Round 1. The Bulldogs will be without Luke Thompson until Round 5 due to suspension, while winger Jayden Okunbor is not due back until mid-late season from a knee injury. Fellow outside back Christian Crichton will miss the season with a knee injury.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is one of those many times where we don’t know if you’re fucking with us or not haha
Na I'm being legit, but it's not something I've actually looked into and just bits of information I've picked up from reading sport related articles.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL to confirm shortly that Deitz is in the 17 this Friday, even though he's not in the top 30. Time to buy a Powerball ticket - the NRL has always taken the option of fucking us instead of supporting us - a first for everything.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NRL to confirm shortly that Deitz is in the 17 this Friday, even though he's not in the top 30. Time to buy a Powerball ticket - the NRL has always taken the option of fucking us instead of supporting us - a first for everything.
greenturd wouldnt of aloud it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Having good Admin at the club also helps. No doubt they've been pushing the boundaries looking for every advantage and found one here. If Deitz performs then we can promote him and lock him into the team...if not then at least we haven't wasted a spot on the roster after rushing him into the squad.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having good Admin at the club also helps. No doubt they've been pushing the boundaries looking for every advantage and found one here. If Deitz performs then we can promote him and lock him into the team...if not then at least we haven't wasted a spot on the roster after rushing him into the squad.
100% the previous board would have not even attempted to use any loop whole and would have just whinged about having injuries and then put Lewis in the 9 hahahaha

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think everyone is getting carried away with Deitz. He is 25 hasn't played first grade and been at 3 clubs. He looked good in the trail no doubt. But he's not better than JMK in my opinion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% the previous board would have not even attempted to use any loop whole and would have just whinged about having injuries and then put Lewis in the 9 hahahaha
I'm hoping Baz brings him on with Renouf during the backend of the first half. Knights will have some sloppy middles and Deitz can just zoooom off the back of a Renouf 2s play the ball.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope that Waddell RFM/Flanagan/Hoppa/DWZ have that right side defence sorted...looked amateurish in the trial with Waddell. If not, the Kinniggetts will have a field day
Allan can also be better positioned on our line. Not sure where he was when they spun it wide early in the 6 for the first try, but he was locking the scrum?? for their 2nd try - nowhere in sight either time. Not blaming him at all, but he can improve that area of his game. I think when teams attack Cotric and Meaney's side, it will probably show similar weakness's. Cotric is a pretty soft NRL defender at this stage, although I thought Meaney defended quite well in the trial, albeit the left edge defence didn't have as much pressure.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is getting carried away with Deitz. He is 25 hasn't played first grade and been at 3 clubs. He looked good in the trail no doubt. But he's not better than JMK in my opinion.
Yeah I agree I don't have high expectations on him although I don't see the harm in trying him out.