Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is TKs thoughts on Wakeham (or any of our players for that matter) vaping? A couple of drinks here or there isn’t the end of the world for me, but smoking/ vaping impacts your lung capacity, no? You can exercise off the extra calories of a vodka soda pretty easily, but fucking your lungs because you can’t lay off the vapes/ Argileh/ etc directly fucks your cardio.
As long as its hash oil, I dont see a problem with it.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is TKs thoughts on Wakeham (or any of our players for that matter) vaping? A couple of drinks here or there isn’t the end of the world for me, but smoking/ vaping impacts your lung capacity, no? You can exercise off the extra calories of a vodka soda pretty easily, but fucking your lungs because you can’t lay off the vapes/ Argileh/ etc directly fucks your cardio.
You’d be surprised how many nrl boys pump durries and vape still

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd love to see Deitz get a chance, and get a good look at what he can (or can't) do at NRL level. Hooker still remains the biggest missing piece of our puzzle.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see Deitz get a chance, and get a good look at what he can (or can't) do at NRL level. Hooker still remains the biggest missing piece of our puzzle.
He looked pretty damn quick from the highlights. Didn’t see too much else from him though. Hopefully gets a decent run.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to stay off Bulldogs FB pages, does my head with the Lewis knob Jockeys.

"We need Lewis because he is a true Bulldog"
"Lewis should be there for Defense alone"
"Wakeham can't tackle"
"We need his big BoOt"

Its ridiculous how many fb bulldog fans love lewis. Hes absolute garbage.

I found this leaked teamsheet on one of those groups any truth u guys reckon?

1. Allan
2. Meaney
3. Cotric
4. Hopaote
5. DWZ
6. Harding
7. Flanagan
8. Hetherington
9. Katoa
10. Ogden
11. Napa
12. Elliott
13. Jackson
14. Atoni
15. RFM
16. Deitz
17. Lewis
19. Waddell

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Some believe vaping positively impacts performance...more a club thing, they would be monitoring things and if the players aren't hitting the right numbers you'd like to think they would step in and put a stop to it.
This is one of those many times where we don’t know if you’re fucking with us or not haha

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This is the relevant section from the Australian Brent Read article

As Smith’s career edges slowly towards finality, another remarkable story is about to begin. Brad Deitz was working as a teacher a month ago and had to ask for permission to take a break from his education duties so he could train with Canterbury on a full-time basis.

That decision looks set to pay off with a first grade debut at the age of 26 thanks to his own determination and an injury that has robbed the Bulldogs of hooker Jeremy Marshall-King.

Deitz isn’t in the Bulldogs’ top 30 or on their development list, but it is understood that Canterbury have applied or and been given permission to select him this week pending Marshall-King’s fitness.

He will likely be named in the first grade squad on Tuesday and make his debut on Friday night against Newcastle as Trent Barrett takes charge of the Bulldogs for the first time in the NRL.

Canterbury recruit Brad Deitz playing for the North Sydney Bears
Canterbury recruit Brad Deitz playing for the North Sydney Bears

Deitz was outstanding in the Bulldogs trial against Cronulla, putting himself in the frame for selection. His first grade debut has been a long time coming. At North Sydney, where he played Canterbury Cup, he was vying with Sam Verrills for the opportunity to back up Sydney Roosters captain Jake Friend.

When Friend went down, Verrills got the call-up and Deitz was forced rot bide his time. That time has now arrived.
This is fkn awesome!!!

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well if the rumours are true about deitz and Averillo

then I’d say this will be the lineup

Allen
Meaney
Cotric
Hopoate
Dwz
Wakeham
Flanagan
Ogden
Katoa
Hetherington
Elliot
Waddell
Jackson

Atoni
Rfm
Napa
Deitz .

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its ridiculous how many fb bulldog fans love lewis. Hes absolute garbage.

I found this leaked teamsheet on one of those groups any truth u guys reckon?

1. Allan
2. Meaney
3. Cotric
4. Hopaote
5. DWZ
6. Harding
7. Flanagan
8. Hetherington
9. Katoa
10. Ogden
11. Napa
12. Elliott
13. Jackson
14. Atoni
15. RFM
16. Deitz
17. Lewis
19. Waddell
Harding @ 6 LOL WTF ...

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
According to Foxsports Katoa is struggling with a calf injury and this is why we have applied for an exemption to play Deitz.