Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know what's worse that you know some of them vape or the act itself :laughing:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham played like 10 minutes at hooker last year and stepped back to pass the ball behind Tolman and directly to Jake. 10/10 hooking performance.
Wakeham would be the obvious one to play 14. But if avo is out then Wakeham starts at 5/8. That leaves us with basically no one to play hooker while Katoa is off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham would be the obvious one to play 14. But if avo is out then Wakeham starts at 5/8. That leaves us with basically no one to play hooker while Katoa is off.
Well if the Deitz news is true then we have another hooker.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Deitz would be huge for us. Although I watched a replay of our game against the Warriors last year. JMK made 2 or 3 carving runs. It was just great to see JMK spot a retreating defense and put the after burners on. If he cant do that more consistently this year (especially with the rule changes) then unfortunately his time is up (same as Katoa). Slowly increased Deitz's minutes until he is an 80 minute hooker or we jag Brandon Smith.
I also pray that Averillo is ready for round 1, as I want to see a running 5 8th there to take some pressure off Flanno. Lessgo Boyz!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What is TKs thoughts on Wakeham (or any of our players for that matter) vaping? A couple of drinks here or there isn’t the end of the world for me, but smoking/ vaping impacts your lung capacity, no? You can exercise off the extra calories of a vodka soda pretty easily, but fucking your lungs because you can’t lay off the vapes/ Argileh/ etc directly fucks your cardio.
Watched a video on Facebook the other day of some lad playing rugby with a ciggy in his mouth puffing away

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing Avo out and Wakes in. Guess we find out at 4pm

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the relevant section from the Australian Brent Read article

As Smith’s career edges slowly towards finality, another remarkable story is about to begin. Brad Deitz was working as a teacher a month ago and had to ask for permission to take a break from his education duties so he could train with Canterbury on a full-time basis.

That decision looks set to pay off with a first grade debut at the age of 26 thanks to his own determination and an injury that has robbed the Bulldogs of hooker Jeremy Marshall-King.

Deitz isn’t in the Bulldogs’ top 30 or on their development list, but it is understood that Canterbury have applied or and been given permission to select him this week pending Marshall-King’s fitness.

He will likely be named in the first grade squad on Tuesday and make his debut on Friday night against Newcastle as Trent Barrett takes charge of the Bulldogs for the first time in the NRL.

Canterbury recruit Brad Deitz playing for the North Sydney Bears
Canterbury recruit Brad Deitz playing for the North Sydney Bears

Deitz was outstanding in the Bulldogs trial against Cronulla, putting himself in the frame for selection. His first grade debut has been a long time coming. At North Sydney, where he played Canterbury Cup, he was vying with Sam Verrills for the opportunity to back up Sydney Roosters captain Jake Friend.

When Friend went down, Verrills got the call-up and Deitz was forced rot bide his time. That time has now arrived.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if Dietz has a shocker I'm impressed that Tbaz has made this move.

After years of former coaches showing way too much faith in duds over reggie players in form its so refreshing to see a coach pull the trigger and make it happen.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if Dietz has a shocker I'm impressed that Tbaz has made this move.

After years of former coaches showing way too much faith in duds over reggie players in form its so refreshing to see a coach pull the trigger and make it happen.
i hope hes given at least a few games to prove himself

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i hope hes given at least a few games to prove himself
It will depend on JMK's fitness. If JMK is fit to play then Ditez will no longer have his exemption to play NRL.