Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
$2.50 to beat an under strength newcaslte team is overs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I give Newcastle a chance is because they're playing at home but even so we should be too good for them. The only downside to this game is that Thommo won't be there to make Klemmer his bitch so we need Hetho to step up.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jmk won’t play . Might be out for the first two weeks I believe . Could be 1 week though , not 100%.
Averillo is touch n go most likely will play .
Napa and rfm will play and I believe will be on the bench .
Pretty much the same side as the trial but with Averillo in .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jmk won’t play . Might be out for the first two weeks I believe . Could be 1 week though , not 100%.
Katoa hooker :sob:

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The only reason I give Newcastle a chance is because they're playing at home but even so we should be too good for them. The only downside to this game is that Thommo won't be there to make Klemmer his bitch so we need Hetho to step up.
I agree, first game back, loads of nervous energy to perform and reflect their pre-season, home advantage is huge particularly fans up in Newcastle.

Regardless of the new rules it will be a defensive battle from both teams, but once nerves are settled we should prevail with a victory as they have some key omissions in their backline so I could see Flanagan and our forwards exploiting that and applying pressure on Hoy repeatedly.

Klemmer will always be the bitch whenever he's up against us, regardless, ... I think Renouf and Ogden are the ones who have more to prove given they were around when Klemmer was at the club.

Hetho is awesome and should have a break out year and hopefully that enthusiasm inspires other plodders to perform and bring out their best. Controlled aggression is all we can need from Hetho, we can ill afford losing him or any of our forwards with Thommo not back till round 5.

Mate, ...I don't care if we win by 1 .... as long as we bloody WIN

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
cheers dude

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Last edited:

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have dominated the Knights, winning 8 of the kast 9 match-ups going back to 2014, with the one loss being during 2019 in Brisbane (Magic round). We have won our last 6 games at Newcastle. No Ponga, Green, Lee, the team have given up on Pearce - wouldn't even pick him up off the ground during the Storm trial. Dogs 13+ is easy money.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Been told The team will resemble the starting side for the sharks trial except the interchange off course

expect cotric to line up at centre in attack and drop back on last tackle in defence for kick returns

averillo will play 6 if (IF) he passes his contact test
I’ve highlighted if so I don’t get attacked if he isn’t named

expect rfm and toomaga on the bench

Napa is a definite in the 17

jmk racing the clock and the utility position (14) is still undecided
Yeah pretty much spot on .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many new names so hope they play as a team with the same desire as the 2019 team that lifted to finish strongly despite the odds.
The ability to concentrate like a computer.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What is TKs thoughts on Wakeham (or any of our players for that matter) vaping? A couple of drinks here or there isn’t the end of the world for me, but smoking/ vaping impacts your lung capacity, no? You can exercise off the extra calories of a vodka soda pretty easily, but fucking your lungs because you can’t lay off the vapes/ Argileh/ etc directly fucks your cardio.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Jmk out. Katoa is obviously the starting hooker but can he play 80? I doubt he can. Very interesting to see who plays at 14 because they will have to play hooker for at least 20 minutes if not more. Our options are thin. Besides Katoa and jmk I don't think anyone else in the entire squad has even played a single minute at nrl level as a hooker.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What is TKs thoughts on Wakeham (or any of our players for that matter) vaping? A couple of drinks here or there isn’t the end of the world for me, but smoking/ vaping impacts your lung capacity, no? You can exercise off the extra calories of a vodka soda pretty easily, but fucking your lungs because you can’t lay off the vapes/ Argileh/ etc directly fucks your cardio.
Some believe vaping positively impacts performance...more a club thing, they would be monitoring things and if the players aren't hitting the right numbers you'd like to think they would step in and put a stop to it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With Jmk out. Katoa is obviously the starting hooker but can he play 80? I doubt he can. Very interesting to see who plays at 14 because they will have to play hooker for at least 20 minutes if not more. Our options are thin. Besides Katoa and jmk I don't think anyone else in the entire squad has even played a single minute at nrl level as a hooker.
Wakeham played like 10 minutes at hooker last year and stepped back to pass the ball behind Tolman and directly to Jake. 10/10 hooking performance.