Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Katoa and JMK we’ve seen a fair bit of and agree not the answer. Deitz has only had half an NRL game. Let’s see how he turns out after a few rounds.
Deitz needs some protection at least from the rest of the pack who are much bigger. He was isolated by the Knights who decided that it was purely logical to run at him or should I say over the top of him. Good effort to return to the game after the hit he took. 27 minutes not a lot of time to shine....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In hindsight and after reviewing match stat was pretty harsh on Cotric. He needs to be involved in the game every week and if he can be and he gets support might well be one of the best things to happen to our club in a while. We have pretty much been impotent all over the park in the last few years and it was a shock to the system to see his line breaks and tackle busts...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Am I being picky when thinking that was a terrible defensive effort and assist to a team mate?

He wasn't trying to run back into the d line and eventually was 2nd marker.

I don't think I've ever seen a non-focused effort like that from a player in another team ever.

If that is our new defensive structure...problems!
Too harsh an assessment? :grinning:

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Am I being picky when thinking that was a terrible defensive effort and assist to a team mate?

I don't think I've ever seen a non-focused effort like that from a player in another team ever.

It looked like he was waiting for Flanagan to do a 1 on 1 strip

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score

Nah not harsh at all. The effort was pretty piss poor tbh lol This Saturday will be interesting affff

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see why not... Averillo's best attribute is his running game and if he can learn to play defence in the role, centre would be a good fit
Agree, but that running game we need at 5/8, I think we have better options we could bring in at Centre then Avo.
He also has a decent kicking game, think we can’t write him off after round one that was played in shithouse conditions and some obvious questionable officiating.

Reactions: J_B

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, but that running game we need at 5/8, I think we have better options we could bring in at Centre then Avo.
He also has a decent kicking game, think we can’t write him off after round one that was played in shithouse conditions and some obvious questionable officiating.
not writing off Averillo and I am happy he gets an opportunity to play five-eighth this year... but I think Burton clearly is the future at five-eighth and so, if Averillo is to have a future at the 'Dogs and is up to FG standard, then we are going to have to find another spot for him