NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
4th muppet on the bench more suitable imo

if tui katoa is on medical leave why not give his top 30 spot to credence toio
He had some flare and skill about him
Perfect 14 or wing replacement
Look i agree and without slanging on Jacko my view is the 9 and 7 need to tell him to get the eff outta the way. Jacko shouldn’t be overplaying his hand. Toia looked slick in that trial.. maybe we are keeping the spot open for a mid season transfer I don’t know?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot fathom this selection of okunbum only reasoning is his size ie like forward bringing it out of trouble but his 3 to 4 bad reads in defence that cost us points that one carry doesn't come close to evening the ledger
But he’s slow and docile. He aimlessly jumps for bombs with poor timing. It’s like he hates contact

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look i agree and without slanging on Jacko my view is the 9 and 7 need to tell him to get the eff outta the way. Jacko shouldn’t be overplaying his hand. Toia looked slick in that trial.. maybe we are keeping the spot open for a mid season transfer I don’t know?
Barrett plays that ball playing lock style of play. He’s forcing Jacko to ball play when he shouldn’t. Or it’s not his strength so to speak

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacko to have a MOM performance and dogs by 8 despite Knockonbors best efforts for the cowboys

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is there a round 1 general discussion thread so we can whinge about other teams?

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't mind Schoupp getting dropped TBH. I feel like he needs another season in NSW Cup to round out his game a bit more. Like, that move Zac Lomax put on the Bunnies in the Trials - I don't ever see Schoupp doing something like that - he's much more of a power player than a skill player. He can ply his trade in Cup and work on some of those skills and earn a consistent FG spot.
I agree with this. I think the team put forward is fairly rounded and should get us a win.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is there a round 1 general discussion thread so we can whinge about other teams?
Yes. Usually in the rl general forum

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironically Flanagan was good and the only one who looked like creating, throwing his former trademark left to right cut out pass when he engaged the line and could count numbers. Ref really broke us down that game though tbf
Only decent game he played for us. It's anyone's guess where that form went.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not ideal but any lineup without Okunbur is better than one with him in it..
I thought Casey did quite well against Knights. Barely got any time against Sharks. Still outplayed Knockonbur who played almost all of both games.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leg 1 - Thu 10 Mar
Manly@Win Price: 1.80
NRL Penr-Man HeadHead
Leg 2 - Fri 11 Mar
Cronulla@Win Price: 1.90
NRL Canb-Cron HeadHead
Leg 3 - Fri 11 Mar
Souths@Win Price: 1.29
NRL Bris-Sths HeadHead
Leg 4 - Sat 12 Mar
Syd Roosters -13.5@Win Price: 1.85
NRL SydR-Newc Line -13.5
Leg 5 - Sat 12 Mar
Warriors@Win Price: 2.05
NRL Warr-StGI HeadHead
Leg 6 - Sat 12 Mar
Melbourne -12.5@Win Price: 1.90
NRL WTig-Melb Line +12.5
Leg 7 - Sun 13 Mar
Gold Coast@Win Price: 3.40
NRL Parr-GCst HeadHead
Leg 8 - Sun 13 Mar
Nth Qld@Win Price: 1.85
NRL NQld-Bdgs HeadHead

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ironically Flanagan was good and the only one who looked like creating, throwing his former trademark left to right cut out pass when he engaged the line and could count numbers. Ref really broke us down that game though tbf
Newcastle were playing third division centre and winger that game. Any other team puts 60 on them. We had 3 on 1 overlaps

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What was alarming in the trials was a lack of creativity (what’s new) and no line speed/sting in defence.

I was hoping that with all the fresh faces we would have been re-energised with a new focus and belief in the squad. It was embarrassing that JAC was having to usher his teammates to celebrate a potential try.

The only real positives to draw from was Dufty’s ability to ball play which gives us another scoring option, Vaughan and Thompson’s go forward and Burton’s class.

If we can take this first game, it bodes well for the playing groups confidence. It’s actually a vital game for many reasons.
Combinations haven’t formed yet but we do look like a team that will gel , I’m thinking by round 12