Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FFS, hope we get salary cap relief for him then since everyone else can get it. Time to bring in Haas or someone else asap!
not gonna happen had to have happen in a rep game to get cap relief

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's definitely bad luck, he won't play another game for us
depends on the market considering not a lot of props available so they might have to resign him on a cheaper contract than what he is on now

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the team their back row is better, front row similar paseka doesn’t have the impact he should for that size, bench similar, spine with turbo back they are better. If our D is on its winnable DCE gets frustrated and runs his players out of room like Reynolds use to.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a foot shorter than everyone else in the squad thats why hes overlooked

Waddells the only big body we have in the squad.
Haha a pun that is also actually true! I just think Topine hasn’t shown more than the other potential back rowers. I like Morrin over him and he isn’t even on the extended nrl bench. Topine could possibly play the modern mobile lock, but I still don’t think he’d be our best option. Nu Brown being named there was a surprise and if he does actually play as a lock, I reckon he’ll do well.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
They should have too many points with dce and turbo. Our halves were rubbish in the trials. Hope they aim up or we will get pumped

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve gone from super confident to quietly confident of a win against the Pridesters.

My confidence has weakened somewhat with Thompson & TPJ both out.

If Manly have put Pride round behind them, I doubt all players would have, they’re a strong chance of winning at home, especially when refs favour home teams as well.

Worth noting Manly haven’t won a first round match since 2013. Both teams won their home games last year but 1 point.

Hopeful and fingers crossed for a big Bulldogs win against the Pridesters.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We all know about the financial clout Politis has blah blah ..

The facts are that Robinson is still the coach, he’s the one that has to prepare them and get them up for the game, he’s the one who judges who’s good enough to be in the team and who’s not, and young Flano was quickly found out ..

B2B premiership winning coach … and you say he sucks as a coach .. he was also coached by his father who is also a premiership winning coach, so he has had good coaching ….. man you could really use a reality check …

Maybe also do a bit of research on who developed a lot of those top 30 players that haven’t been bought from other clubs.
Fitzgibbon developed them.

My Mum could have coached that roster to back to back titles. Robbo sucks.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The news on Thompson has just royally fucked us tbh. I thought he was impressive in the trial and looking like finally delivering on his promise and then this happens. Smh poor form, discipline and some freak injuries have really spoiled his trip down under.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lack depth.
Two forwards out and we look light.

It might be another year of hit and miss as we look for future. I hope we make the 8, but won’t be surprised if we miss.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Manly might whack us tbh. Missing 2 starting forwards, brand new spine, and Turbo with a point to prove

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lack depth.
Two forwards out and we look light.

It might be another year of hit and miss as we look for future. I hope we make the 8, but won’t be surprised if we miss.
There’s actually 4 out. Thompson, TPJ, Patolo and Sam Hughes. I reckon Davey could play prop and Sutton will be fine filling in for Thommo but with him ruled out for most of the season we’ll most certainly have to find another prop.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s actually 4 out. Thompson, TPJ, Patolo and Sam Hughes. I reckon Davey could play prop and Sutton will be fine filling in for Thommo but with him ruled out for most of the season we’ll most certainly have to find another prop.
we have no choice but to play RFM at 13.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Brown next to Flanno, when Flanno shits the bed on last brown can kick.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely we have some way to get a forward sign one or even loan one until tpj comes back