Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not the trial that worries me. It's Ciraldo hand picking a park footballer to play fullback....and signing a centre on overs to be our long term fullback. It's Ciraldo playing Brown over Reynolds when we clearly lack experience in the halves, it's Ciraldo and Gus letting SBW into Belmore to address the playing group.... it's many things. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he's gonna be a dud.
give perham time he might come good just needs to get more confidence.
crighton i can agree to an extent but I guess we'll see what happens next year.
brown offers more and can play multiple positions than reynolds if needed.

as for sbw who cares

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
give perham time he might come good just needs to get more confidence.
crighton i can agree to an extent but I guess we'll see what happens next year.
brown offers more and can play multiple positions than reynolds if needed.

as for sbw who cares
Why just erase all the progress we made with Avo last year in order to pick a bloke who is even more green? Especially when we have a talent like Skelton looking for a way to break into the team. I mean, Perham over Skelton in our top 17? Come on!

We don't need a utility back who can play lock....we have multiple options to fill the position and are well stocked in backrowers. What we need is experience, because Burton needs mentorship just as much as Oloapu.

Re the SBW thing, judging by the thread about it and our socials, lots of people care. It was a shocking decision to let him address the group. Might as well have told the players it's fine to walk out on the club if you're unhappy enough. One day you will be welcomed back with open arms, if you prove to be successful enough elsewhere. Absolute last bloke who should be addressing a Bulldogs playing group.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Patolo is fit? I heard he was out with concussion.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team List Tuesday !! I'm excited,although I'm not expecting any surprises

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not official, but according to the DT:

Bulldogs: 1. Hayze Perham 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Jake Averillo 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Luke Thompson 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Ryan Sutton

Bench: 14. Nu Brown 15. Franklin Pele 16. Andrew Davey 17. Jacob Preston

Early Mail: Paul Alamoti will partner Jake Averillo in the centres, with Hayze Perham to play fullback.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner will start on the edge, but is likely to spend time in the middle third.

This will open up an edge spot during the match for debutant Jacob Preston, who excelled in both trial fixtures.

Tevita Pangai Jnr picked up a calf strain at training that will see him miss the opening month of action, opening a bench role for Cronulla recruit Franklin Pele.

The well regarded Chris Patolo is expected to miss the opener due to injury.

Viliame Kikau failed a HIA in the trial loss to Cronulla, barring any lingering symptoms he should be fine to take his place on the left edge outside Matt Burton in the opener.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not official, but according to the DT:

Bulldogs: 1. Hayze Perham 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Jake Averillo 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Luke Thompson 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Ryan Sutton

Bench: 14. Nu Brown 15. Franklin Pele 16. Andrew Davey 17. Jacob Preston

Early Mail: Paul Alamoti will partner Jake Averillo in the centres, with Hayze Perham to play fullback.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner will start on the edge, but is likely to spend time in the middle third.

This will open up an edge spot during the match for debutant Jacob Preston, who excelled in both trial fixtures.

Tevita Pangai Jnr picked up a calf strain at training that will see him miss the opening month of action, opening a bench role for Cronulla recruit Franklin Pele.

The well regarded Chris Patolo is expected to miss the opener due to injury.

Viliame Kikau failed a HIA in the trial loss to Cronulla, barring any lingering symptoms he should be fine to take his place on the left edge outside Matt Burton in the opener.
I like the fact we'll likely be going with 4 forwards on the bench vs manly, i think we will need them

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully the lads can take it to manly and get the win. Gonna be tough at brooky.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who would be OK swapping Johns for Flanno? I might consider it ....
I'd rather just play 1 of our other halves. Until a quality/elite half is on the market that's the best thing we can do imo.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not even round 1 and have 3 of our best front rowers out. Unbelievable

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Topine Lock
Waddell bench middle?

Absolutely dire middle rotation

Or RFM prop topine/waddell/preston second row

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between Thomo, TPJ and Patolo we're lucky if combined that adds up to one seasons worth of games