Official Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more looking forward to seeing Luke Thompson in Round 1 in 2021........Does anyone know who is off contract at the end of this season as much as I like the loyalty and defensive efforts of Aidan Tolman we desperately need more mobile ball playing forwards and he isn't one of them........hopefully he retires at the end of this season......We do have a few injuries heading into round 1 with NO Foran, Smith and from reading on here JMK. Parramatta look very strong on paper but they can be put off their game if we front up to them early and that was the case last time we met them. I did hear a week or two back that they've tweaked their training heading into this season compared to previous seasons when they've to hard prior to the season starting and were basically cooked by the time Round 1 came around. They've eased off leading into this season to have them more fresher for the Blockbuster next week. They're determined to start the season better than they have the last couple of seasons.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grow some balls pay and name the following team.

1. Dwz
2. Meaney (gk)
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
8. Renouf
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson (c)
12. Chn
13. Tolman

14. Holland
15. Britt
16. Ogden
17. Elliott

Elliott or Tolman fuck off when Rfm is back. Holland fucks off when jmk back.
Lewis fucks off when Foran is back.
Flop-taila-Mariner is not as good as Elliott or Tolman. The obsession with this average forward is mind boggling.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I think we will need him for this game. JMK is out injured for a few games I believe
Yeh I think he can be a really good forward, atm I think he is a impact bench player

I haven’t seen much of Stimson but I feel he’s a good addition to the team, do you think we needed him? Seeing as we do already have plenty backrowers

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm more looking forward to seeing Luke Thompson in Round 1 in 2021........Does anyone know who is off contract at the end of this season as much as I like the loyalty and defensive efforts of Aidan Tolman we desperately need more mobile ball playing forwards and he isn't one of them........hopefully he retires at the end of this season......We do have a few injuries heading into round 1 with NO Foran, Smith and from reading on here JMK. Parramatta look very strong on paper but they can be put off their game if we front up to them early and that was the case last time we met them. I did hear a week or two back that they've tweaked their training heading into this season compared to previous seasons when they've to hard prior to the season starting and were basically cooked by the time Round 1 came around. They've eased off leading into this season to have them more fresher for the Blockbuster next week. They're determined to start the season better than they have the last couple of seasons.
Foran is aiming for June return.
Bulldogs have tweaked training or the eels?

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any update on RFM? His offloads create good second phase play..With him & CHN be a nice mix..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A certain linesperson's son plays in my son's team, had a nice chat with them, mentioned I'm a dogs fan.

They have been training with our boys recently and they are very impressed with them, even said they are training better than the majority of the other teams and are ready to shock a lot of people.

I hope they aren't exaggerating...

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A certain linesperson's son plays in my son's team, had a nice chat with them, mentioned I'm a dogs fan.

They have been training with our boys recently and they are very impressed with them, even said they are training better than the majority of the other teams and are ready to shock a lot of people.

I hope they aren't exaggerating...
Do the linesmen/women train with the teams?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, they have been for a few years from memory
It doesn't surprise me that they've said that, obviously I have no idea what goes on there
but ive got a good feeling about the team culture, dean pays style of football he wants to play and judging by how we played in some games last year
with what I think was a lesser team, we should do alright.

Bring on round 1!

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
yeah we're gna get smashed. but ive been wrong a million times. i hope this is a million and one.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Massive news coming at 4 pm......Be prepared.....