Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wakeham at 14, bench looks strong. Hope waddell gets his act together if he is starting, underwhelming in the trial.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask what package your on for $30 per month? Cause I am paying $94 per month to watch the same old repetitive shows! I am looking at changing my package.
Im not sure what channels we get exactly because the first few weeks you get all the channels complimentary.. but I'm pretty sure packages can be seen on foxtel now website..

The only channels I really want are the doco channels and lifestyle channels.. tv shows and movies I can get via other means so I don't need it through foxtel..

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm from the gong & will travel up with my son driving stay over night at sons mates place then back to the gong & i'm 68 in may.
Further south bruz but that is dedication looking forward to the vaccine actually

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any central coast fans on here wanna join me at the terrigal pub for the game inbox me

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I found the voting very interesting ....

WHAT WILL BE THE RESULT IN THIS TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP CLASH?
Thanks for voting, stay logged in to NRL.com for all your news, views, highlights and more as the season progresses,
  • What will be the result in this Telstra Premiership clash?
    • Knights 1-10 22%
    • Knights 11+ 10%
    • Bulldogs 1-10 54%
    • Bulldogs 11+ 14%

Go Dogs

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the voting very interesting ....

WHAT WILL BE THE RESULT IN THIS TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP CLASH?
Thanks for voting, stay logged in to NRL.com for all your news, views, highlights and more as the season progresses,
  • What will be the result in this Telstra Premiership clash?
    • Knights 1-10 22%
    • Knights 11+ 10%
    • Bulldogs 1-10 54%
    • Bulldogs 11+ 14%

Go Dogs
How many votes?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FRIDAY MARCH 12

Newcastle Knights vs Canterbury Bulldogs, 6.00pm at McDonald Jones Stadium

Predicted Knights team
: 1 Tex Hoy 2 Starford To’a 3 Bradman Best 4 Gehamat Shibasaki 5 Hymel Hunt 6 Kurt Mann 7 Mitchell Pearce 8 David Klemmer 9 Jayden Brailey 10 Daniel Saifiti 11 Mitch Barnett 12 Tyson Frizell 13 Connor Watson 14 Phoenix Crossland 15 Pasami Saulo 16 Jacob Saifiti 17 Sauaso Sue

Team Tips: Knights superstar Kalyn Ponga is out with a shoulder injury potentially until Round 4, with Tex Hoy set to start the season in the No.1 jersey. Five-eighth Blake Green is not due back from a knee injury until the second month of the season, with Kurt Mann tipped to partner Mitchell Pearce in the halves. Star recruit Tyson Frizell will start in the back row making up for the loss of Lachlan Fitzgibbon who is out with a shoulder injury indefinitely. The big change for the Knights in 2021 is Connor Watson’s switch from hooker utility to lock. Winger Hymel Hunt is set to overcome a hamstring issue in time for Round 1, while Edrick Lee is set to miss the opening rounds with a foot injury. His place will likely be taken by Starford To’A with Gehamat Shibasaki partnering Bradman Best in the centres. Phoenix Crossland is vying for a bench spot after starting at No.6 in the trial against the Storm. Jirah Momoisea (Achilles) is out indefinitely.

Predicted Bulldogs team: 1 Corey Allan 2 Nick Meaney 3 Nick Cotric 4 Will Hopoate 5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6 Jake Averillo 7 Kyle Flanagan 8 Dylan Napa 9 Jeremy Marshall-King 10 Jack Hetherington 11 Adam Elliott 12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13 Josh Jackson 14 Sione Katoa 15 Corey Waddell 16 Ofahiki Ogden 17 Renouf Atoni

Team Tips: Bulldogs’ star recruit Nick Cotric will make his return from an ankle injury to partner Will Hopoate in the centres. Hopoate shifts from fullback to accommodate signing Corey Allan at the back. Jake Averillo is set to overcome an elbow complaint to partner star halfback recruit Kyle Flanagan in the halves. Dylan Napa (knee), Jeremy Marshall-King (foot) and Raymond Faitala-Mariner (ankle) are all due to play in Round 1. The Bulldogs will be without Luke Thompson until Round 5 due to suspension, while winger Jayden Okunbor is not due back until mid-late season from a knee injury. Fellow outside back Christian Crichton will miss the season with a knee injury.