• Someone else (WHO?)

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Well there has been some conflict regarding who will play the Brisbane Broncos in Round 1 of next year.

Some have been campaigning for the Titans to play their first NRL match against the new premiers next year at Cararra stadium, in what will be a sellout of about 20-25 000?

Whilst others have been campaigning to continue the now traditional Round 1 Local Derby between the Broncos and the North QLD Cowboys from Suncorp Stadium that is almost certain to sell out to 52,000.

From the NRL's perspective you would have to imagine they wouldn't want to ruin a good thing. The Cowboys v Broncos is a proven sellout match in Round 1, and imo, new club or not, they should not change that just to give the Titans what they want. From a financial point of you, it would also be more viable for the Cowboys v Broncos match, as you are guaranteed to sell out Suncorp, whilst one would imagine that Cararra will sellout regardless of whom the Titans play.

Personally, they should keep the Broncos v Cowboys Round 1 match for next year. Plot the Broncos against the Titans in round 2. Won't make a difference for mine.

What do you guys think on the issue?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
.PARANoIR. said:
Well there has been some conflict regarding who will play the Brisbane Broncos in Round 1 of next year.

Some have been campaigning for the Titans to play their first NRL match against the new premiers next year at Cararra stadium, in what will be a sellout of about 20-25 000?

The only ones campaigning for this to happen, have been the Titans.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warrior Fanatic said:
probably Eels
Ummm why?

I think they'll keep the Broncos playing the Cowboys, they know it produces good crowds, but then again they'd get a great crowd if they played the Titans as well in my opinion.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The team thats new to the comp always gets a friday night game

It will be a sell out at Suncorp TBH

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
The Broncos ALWAYS want to play the Cowboys no matter what...

I think I can see the Titans playing the Storm in week one next year

T

TdoggBulldog

i hope the dogs play against the cowboys at dairy farmers near the start of the season..

i hate waiting.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah keep the cowboys thing happening, great local match to get the season underway

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I would assume that they would give the Titans a home game to launch themselves.

In regard to the Broncos, If you apply a $$ logic, then I am think either Canterbury or St George.

The logic being that the match should probably be a sellout. However, the Cowboys match will be a sellout, no matter when they play it. This way they get 2 sellout matches.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Yep I know what this is all about... :grinning:

However I am one who reckons Melbourne should play Gold Coast in the first round, I'd just love to see the off field rivals go onto the field and settle the score once and for all in the opening round, kick off the rivalry on the field and get a massive crowd... :D

Brisbane vs North Queensland is a big crowd pleaser and deserves to stay, however I'd have Brisbane vs Titans in the first 3 rounds, or even around Ekka time, imagine the support it would get then... ;)

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
storm
so they can get thier revenge

storm 56 brissy 0
tbh imo fmd

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im with Broncs vs Cowboys round 1. I like it.

Maza

Reaction score
Out of those, Cowboys.

But if i was to choose "other" then Dragons..

My sis is a Dragons supporter and she has this theory that whoever the premiers are, the Dragons always end up playing them in round one of the following season. Like in 2004, Bulldogs Premiers, round 1 2005 was Bulldogs Vs Dragons.. 2005 the Premiers were the Tigers, and round 1 2006 was Tigers vs Dragons.. LOL she's already worrying about coming up against the Broncs.. Probably just a coincidence but meh..

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
CrUnChiE said:
Out of those, Cowboys.

But if i was to choose "other" then Dragons..

My sis is a Dragons supporter and she has this theory that whoever the premiers are, the Dragons always end up playing them in round one of the following season. Like in 2004, Bulldogs Premiers, round 1 2005 was Bulldogs Vs Dragons.. 2005 the Premiers were the Tigers, and round 1 2006 was Tigers vs Dragons.. LOL she's already worrying about coming up against the Broncs.. Probably just a coincidence but meh..
Yeah true the premiers have been versing the Dragons..I wouldn't be suprised if they verse them round 1

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Titanium Doggie said:
Yep I know what this is all about... :grinning:
Don't just say that. Please, enlighten me, and everyone else. What is this all about?

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
I think it will be titans. i was thinking about who the broncos would play the oterh day and i thoght titians straight away. their first year in the comp they'll get the game against brisbane

masterdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think it will be the cowboys but i would like the dogs to play them first tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.