Opinion Rotund Women in Customer Service - Should BF% be a Recruitment metric?

Should BF% be a Recruitment metric for Customer service roles?

• Total voters

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in a EB Games store about a year ago.

One nerdy looking rotund bloke was Infront of customers telling this young female employee what needs to be done in store.

He would have said it 3-4 times that he was 2nd in command of that shop. I looked at him and scrunched up my face. 2nd in command of what? Putting games out of a box on the shelf? I wanted to interject and say listen hobo, the young girl with her first job has already caught you and in my opinion surpassed you , she is also probably going to school to learn something decent and go on to much better things. Show her some respect or she may punt you out of here in 2 months when she is your boss.

The customers also don't appreciate you talking down to her. Blob

Maybe then give him a roundhouse

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
BF% lol, maybe they all should hire Arnold Schwarzenegger with 5% body fat and with his accent .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alan Alan Alan Alan , always glass half empty.

Remember that those in customer service are PAID to be nice to customers .. customers are paying so they don't actually have to bring their best face or manners with them.

The OP knows what he's talking about, rotund people in customer service don't provide much customer service.. they hate customers and see them as an obstruction in the way of them sitting on their arse bludging for their shift .. they go to work to "try avoid" any work , get paid so they can buy a big bag of potato crisps

Attractive people are just more social, they go to work and enjoy interacting with people, enjoy the compliments coming their way and reciprocate with quality service.

To go anywhere and be greeted by an attractive person smiling is just a great start to your customer experience

I recently went into Coles and they didn't have enough people on checkouts and there was this long line. People were muttering under their breath, scoffing. But the young attractive girl was beaming with a smile and doing her best. Most people were extremely patient and provided her with messages of support as I did. She just stepped up to the challenge and the customers saw it.

Same shop, Ive seen no que but An older rotund lady absolutely have a mean scowl of a look on her face when she served a customer. I thought to myself is that her normal everyday face? or does she just hate customers ? There was barely anyone in the line.

With a big que like the attractive girl dealt with, Id say the rotund lady would spontaneously combust.
Your post actually adds weight to my assertion that people can be assholes if they have no ulterior motive.

I've met plenty of attractive people who take it as an invitation to be conceited.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your post actually adds weight to my assertion that people can be assholes if they have no ulterior motive.

I've met plenty of attractive people who take it as an invitation to be conceited.
Alan it doesn't change that customer service needs to be there despite the attitude of the customer. It's not a "I will if you will" type of exchange.. one is paying and the other is being paid.. one is supposed to dance the other pays ..

Rotund people don't know customer service, they are used to sitting on their arse eating potato crisps. Customer service is like exercise to them, it's uncomfortable

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alan, you should go for a trip to Thailand.. see what the customer Service is about. (None of your favourite backpacker places but proper resorts).

Last time I went I'm sipping my tea at breakfast, there was a man with a tea pot standing 2 metres away, I'd sip my tea two or three times, he would step forward and say More tea? I'd offer my cup and he would fill it.. then step back and wait untill I had a few more sips and repeat.

Here in Australia, if a rotund person was working, they would burp and fart simulatenously, have a angry scowl of a look on their face and say "fuggen get it yourself", then look at their watch until it's time to go home.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I was in a EB Games store about a year ago.

One nerdy looking rotund bloke was Infront of customers telling this young female employee what needs to be done in store.

He would have said it 3-4 times that he was 2nd in command of that shop. I looked at him and scrunched up my face. 2nd in command of what? Putting games out of a box on the shelf? I wanted to interject and say listen hobo, the young girl with her first job has already caught you and in my opinion surpassed you , she is also probably going to school to learn something decent and go on to much better things. Show her some respect or she may punt you out of here in 2 months when she is your boss.

The customers also don't appreciate you talking down to her. Blob

Maybe then give him a roundhouse
Doesn't ones intelligence increase once they get put in a position of power though?

This is especially true if you're Arab!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Alan it doesn't change that customer service needs to be there despite the attitude of the customer. It's not a "I will if you will" type of exchange.. one is paying and the other is being paid.. one is supposed to dance the other pays ..

Rotund people don't know customer service, they are used to sitting on their arse eating potato crisps. Customer service is like exercise to them, it's uncomfortable
I've worked in customer service.
If I have a person being rude to me while trying to help them.

I'll stick it to them!

Most of the time I've had a lot of handshakes and thank yous for my help though.

Also had loads of people tell me that I'm one of the best security guards they have ever met.
I still don't believe them though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've worked in customer service.
If I have a person being rude to me while trying to help them.

I'll stick it to them!

Most of the time I've had a lot of handshakes and thank yous for my help though.

Also had loads of people tell me that I'm one of the best security guards they have ever met.
I still don't believe them though.
When I was bouncing, I was either your best mate or your worst enemy....I had a lot of mates.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When I was bouncing, I was either your best mate or your worst enemy....I had a lot of mates.
The thing that sucks about being tall though is everyone approaches you first because they see you from a mile away.

I think after the 150th person approaches you in short amount of time, you eventually just crack like Michael Douglas in falling down!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennel,

Long story short I’ve noticed for a while that whenever I receive the lowest standard of customer service, it’s almost always from a female with broad physical dimensions.

Conversely, whenever it’s a thinner, usually prettier girl doing the job - I’m almost always greeted with a smile, and overall a much friendlier demeanour, and higher standard of customer service.

I put it to the members of my Whatsapp group to take note of their various interactions with customer service staff across a 4 week data collection period. The results were overwhelmingly in favour of my initial findings. The slimmer girls provided far superior customer service than the larger ones.

That said - should recruiters be taking body fat % into account when assessing potential customer service applicants during the f2f interview period?

Does their level of overall fitness and wellbeing play a part in on the job fatigue levels - which can accelerate their level of crankiness towards customers?

Does the level of personal shame that unfit people carry around hinder their ability to smile and be friendly in customer service roles?

Do any Recruiters on the Kennel take these things into account in their recruitment processes? Eg. The link between overweight people and traits such as self discipline, self respect, work ethic etc.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Horse is bang on the money.

I'm at Coles and at the deli. Asked the customer service person if I could have some Jarlsberg cheese sliced up. She makes every excuse not to do it. I gotta clean the slicer, I just cut up some really hot salami on it. Yep happy to wait. Did you want to come back later , I can wait thanks. With a horrid scowl on her face she goes to do it. Huffing and puffing

Guess what?

Rotund, bit older female..

Ive come.plenty of times and the fit looking customer service people are slicing away with a smile before I even asked

It's a checkmate thread

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Horse is bang on the money.

I'm at Coles and at the deli. Asked the customer service person if I could have some Jarlsberg cheese sliced up. She makes every excuse not to do it. I gotta clean the slicer, I just cut up some really hot salami on it. Yep happy to wait. Did you want to come back later , I can wait thanks. With a horrid scowl on her face she goes to do it. Huffing and puffing

Guess what?

Rotund, bit older female..

Ive come.plenty of times and the fit looking customer service people are slicing away with a smile before I even asked

It's a checkmate thread
Why is it a "checkmate" thread, because there's one person on here that actually for once agrees with the ridiculous shit that spouts from your keyboard?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it a "checkmate" thread, because there's one person on here that actually for once agrees with the ridiculous shit that spouts from your keyboard?
I didn't start the thread?.

It's a checkmate thread as it's impossible to refute .. you have been boxed in and can't move. The data is the data

Anyone who disputes this thread should qualify their posts by declaring if they are rotund or if they rent. Rotund / renters only know what they know.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Blue_boost

I will never follow the policy of customer always being right.

If the customer is being a rude unnecessary **** when I'm trying to assist them, then I am well within my right to treat those stupid ***** however I please

Its a part of my religion.

On the other side of the coin, most people can see me from a mile away.
If I look like hell is alive in me which many times it is and the stupid idiots of the public have been smart enough to identify it and stay away from me!

Ive heard heaps of people say lets ask him.
Then one of the group will say nah he looks like he isn't in a good mood we better stay away from him.

I like those people, I feel like petting them, like a dog and saying "thats a good little human".

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost

If the customer is being a rude unnecessary **** when I'm trying to assist them, then I am well within my right to treat those stupid /QUOTE]
@Blue_boost

If the customer is being a rude unnecessary **** when I'm trying to assist them, then I am well within my right to treat those stupid ***** however I please

Its a part of my religion.
".
Man from above

I'm not saying to lick bum of rude people but For the rude buggers hit them where it really hurts...all whilst maintaining your customer service. I've done it a million times over.

Watch this clip, should be in all customer service training...

Another example, a lady was really rude to me in my earlier years, she bought a $650 watch for her husband for Xmas ..

She was filthy rude. I said let me gift wrap it for you. I took it out back wrapped the case for her perfectly. Grabbed a label and let her write up a loving message to her husband. I didn't put the the watch in on purpose. Instead pulled out of the bin an eaten apple core. on Xmas when they open the gift and no watch Lol (I kept the watch too). Imagine her stunned face., Husband reads the loving message and then zing!! I over serviced her but there was a huge sting in the tail on Xmas. I had a nice chuckle Xmas morning. :grinning:. Rude bitch.

Lady comes in howling after Xmas, foaming at the mouth, Like a rabid dog. I couldn't keep a straight face . My manager had her removed by security. She brings in the apple core too. Ridiculous that we would put an apple core in the box. ;)

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Man from above

I'm not saying you need to lick bum of rude people but him them where it really hurts whilst maintaining your customer service.

Watch this clip...
What clip?
I told you its a part of my religion.
If someone steps into my zone and treat me poorly or I don't like the look of them, I'm allowed to treat them however I please.

Australia has dumb laws allowing freedom of religion so I will use that one if it ever becomes a lawsuit?

If someone approaches me in a bad manner and I attempt to reason with them and they retract that reasoning?

Then you have given me a pass to treat you however I like, simple as that.

I don't really give a fuck, I treat reality like its a dream or illusion anyway!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost all that clip did was reinforce my knowing to never trust people who are too nice.
Big man...as a person in customer service you have more to lose. The dickhead customer goes home but your employer potentially has to let you go. That's not winning.

Get em but hit them stealth, so the sting in the tail is so vicious yet you still smell like roses..

Back at high school I was always sighted at the scene of the crime.. but I had nothing to do with it ;). I'm with you to maintain your pride and dignity but don't always throw the punch for all to see in a moment of rage. Come away smelling like roses but deliveroo that killer punch

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Big man...as a person in customer service you have more to lose. The dickhead customer goes home but your employer potentially has to let you go. That's not winning.

Get em but hit them stealth, so the sting in the tail is so vicious yet you still smell like roses..

Back at high school I was always sighted at the scene of the crime.. but I had nothing to do with it ;). I'm with you to maintain your pride and dignity but don't always throw the punch for all to see. Come away smelling like roses but deliveroo the killer punch

I know what I can and can't get away with.

I'm not afraid to tell people their problems are their own and not mine because I'm guarding a gate in a fluro vest!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man from above

I'm not saying to lick bum of rude people but For the rude buggers hit them where it really hurts...all whilst maintaining your customer service. I've done it a million times over.

Watch this clip, should be in all customer service training...

Another example, a lady was really rude to me in my earlier years, she bought a $650 watch for her husband for Xmas ..

She was filthy rude. I said let me gift wrap it for you. I took it out back wrapped the case for her perfectly. Grabbed a label and let her write up a loving message to her husband. I didn't put the the watch in on purpose. Instead pulled out of the bin an eaten apple core. on Xmas when they open the gift and no watch Lol (I kept the watch too). Imagine her stunned face., Husband reads the loving message and then zing!! I over serviced her but there was a huge sting in the tail on Xmas. I had a nice chuckle Xmas morning. :grinning:. Rude bitch.

Lady comes in howling after Xmas, foaming at the mouth, Like a rabid dog. I couldn't keep a straight face . My manager had her removed by security. She brings in the apple core too. Ridiculous that we would put an apple core in the box. ;)
So not only are you judgemental of people based on their possessions, you are a morally bankrupt thief who has a very high opinion of himself. No wonder you don't trust delivery drivers. It stands to reason that you have so little trust in others if you personally are quite a scumbag who would smilingly act like a friendly store assistant while stealing someone's Christmas gift and finding it to be the epitome of amusement.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So not only are you judgemental of people based on their possessions, you are a morally bankrupt thief who has a very high opinion of himself. No wonder you don't trust delivery drivers. It stands to reason that you have so little trust in others if you personally are quite a scumbag who would smilingly act like a friendly store assistant while stealing someone's Christmas gift and finding it to be the epitome of amusement.
Alan I can't disagree with that.

He edited that post and added that watch story afterwards.

Sorry blue boost that is a dog act.
Even I couldn't sink so low.

I was doing security for a while at Salvatore Ferragamo. A couple came in with their son who thought he could use the shop as a circuit for his scooter!

I told him that its a shop and not a playground.
I got a serving from his stupud yuppie parents about how I must be single and not have kids because i don't have tolerance!

No you dumb fuck gen Xer parents.
If I did the same thing when I was a boy my parents would of beat my ass, would not of come to the point of a store security guard having to explain it!

I just love when a father gets butthurt and calls me a sad single fatherless man!

You can see the envy and the butthurt in their eyes!
Thats right you fuckers, you're now involuntary incels!