Roosters sign Kurt Baptiste for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The roosters and their board are in bed with the NRL and most media organisations. Ask yourself why there is rarely a bad word printed or said about them.

I’ll take my hat off to the first journo to dig deep and unravel the rorters. They’d be hailed as a hero
Have you forgotten puppy power Pearce, knock knock who's there Carter, white line fever SKD to name a few that come to mind in just the last couple of years?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD. These guys can sign anyone they want. Surely NRL you wouldn't at least consider investigating them for salary cap breaches.
If they are not breaching the cap, they are doing something underhanded. I am guessing it is either players taking paycuts to build a stronger team, or really good TPA's that aren't on the salary cap because the club cannot be tied to them.

Maybe both.

It really makes a farce of the whole salary cap. What is the point of a salary cap when teams can bend the rules to benefit themselves so much?

And I am not even complaining on the Bulldogs behalf, we really made our own bed regarding where we are now, but as if half the teams in the NRL have the resources to even contemplate gaming the system like this. Hell half the teams in the NRL have to pay overs just to attract anyone because they are not premiership chance teams.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy is pretty much a nobody. I know we think the Roosters are dodgy, but are we going to whine every time they sign a random?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you forgotten puppy power Pearce, knock knock who's there Carter, white line fever SKD to name a few that come to mind in just the last couple of years?
Have you considered that the roosters may have had a hand in what got out or how much? Who are those players playing for now? What uncle nick wants uncle nick gets

Status
Not open for further replies.