News Roosters sign former AFL player for Nines

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sydney Swans premiership-winner and Roosters staffer Nick Davis will make a historic cross-code appearance at the NRL Nines in Perth.

Davis will line up for the back-to-back premiers on February 14-15 as the first AFL player to take the pitch in the pre-season tournament.

The likes of Israel Folau and Karmichael Hunt have made high-profile switches from league to AFL but Davis is the biggest name to go the other way.

Davis is on the Roosters payroll as their kicking coach, but will pull on the boots for the in the AFL stronghold while the majority of Trent Robinson's top squad will be gearing up for their World Club Challenge defence in England the following weekend.

Davis knows be will be in for a challenge.

"Rugby league was one of the sports I played growing up, and I've always followed the game, so when I first had the chat with Trent about playing with the Roosters at the Nines, it was an easy yes straight away," said Davis.

"I'm under no illusion about how tough it's going to be, but I've been training for a few months now and I'm really looking forward to getting out there with the boys."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/17...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Is there anything the roosters can’t do.
The bloke's nearly 40 years old. I can't possibly see how this is a good thing for them lol.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
weird but ok, I guess he knows how to kick a ball

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Turning the nines into a mickey mouse comp. Let's not risk our players..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly if it was us wed be fined
Since its already a gimmick comp and you don't have to be an NRL player to play.... who should we call upon?

Maybe dogs could raise money for charity by allowing a fan (highest bidder) to get a run on the wing...?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have preferred all clubs participating include an old boy like when Brad Fittler played for us in the Auckland Nines, that was fun to watch.

That said most of our top tier players will be in England for the World Club Challenge so he's probably just filler more than anything.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Since its already a gimmick comp and you don't have to be an NRL player to play.... who should we call upon?

Maybe dogs could raise money for charity by allowing a fan (highest bidder) to get a run on the wing...?
Great idea