Roosters Salary Sombrero

MaxPower70

New Pup
Reaction score
Roosters have a very flexible salary cap. Indeed they even have room to sign current rep players Crichton and Hall plus Brett Morris. This flexibility extends to select players being invited to golf games in the east, with wagers of 10K per hole: Miraculously the chairman loses every hole.

If you prefer BBQing to playing golf, you can let them know and, upon signing, a BBQ will be delivered to your house with a brown paper bag under the hood, not with steak but neatly placed cash.

Bryan Fletcher has tacitly confirmed salary cap rorts while at Easts though no investigation into the 2002 premiership is instigated. Perhaps sworn affidavits from all relevant players would be a good start?

In contrast, the Sea Eagles are thrown under the bus and the Eels crucified for paying people out of the merchandise shop till in a desperate attempt to compete. There are countless other examples including Dogs having to shed their best players.

The people at the NRL know it is happening but do nothing because they sit in their jobs at the discretion of the perpetrator.

The fans know and this corruption is corroding the integrity of the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And we all know Pearce could have also been on their roster for this year had he chose to stay. Hope these pricks get premierships taken off them in the near future.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So in short Pimp Daddy Nick owns the NRL. Time for a NEW COMPETITION no Roosters allowed!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. They're just smart with their money. I mean, every team should $2,000,000 to use on two players in one season. Only teams like Parramatta, Manly, Cronulla and Warriors have squads that are over the cap.... Level playing field.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When your chairman is in the top 50 rich list of Australia which includes property And car yards look at the big picture, give a property to a relative or the mrs or buy a car for x amount and it’s actislky worth 10 x the price . Your right why is it ya fans that can see the rorting and double standards. Nrl is dying a slow slow death

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon it's something like:
Player and players wife get new car.
Car is written off by the business as a "business vehicle".
Car is rolled over after 12 months as a "lease" and sold at a premium.
Player never actually owns the car but rather leased it with $0 repayments required, meanwhile someone else is mysteriously paying the loan on the car.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a pity for them they can't buy fans or they'd maybe have a soul.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon it's something like:
Player and players wife get new car.
Car is written off by the business as a "business vehicle".
Car is rolled over after 12 months as a "lease" and sold at a premium.
Player never actually owns the car but rather leased it with $0 repayments required, meanwhile someone else is mysteriously paying the loan on the car.
Yep probably spot on, finance is a can of worms

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Why don’t you investigate why a lot roosters have a cleaning company when they finish playing league ;)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep probably spot on, finance is a can of worms
In another life I worked for a Bank in a place for the sake of this story & to protect the (cough, cough) innocent we shall call Canberra. A player playing for the local football team went looking for a house. The house they found was sold to them for $500k. As Banks do, before we went to settlement, we got our inspector to value the said property. The valuer rang me up to ask me if I had the right address. "Why yes", I stated, "it is correct. Why do you ask?" He said " I ask because the property your customer allegedly purchased for $500k I value conservatively at $2M!" By the time he returned to his office, I had faxed him (it was a long time ago) a copy of the contract of sale which verified the amount the house allegedly sold for. Upon contacting the prospective buyer, they confided in me that some cash had been paid to the current owners of the property to proceed with the settlement in the unusual manner. I relayed the details to the Manager of the Bank who advised me that he knew all about it & not to tell anybody & if I did I would be looking for another job.

This is a true story with amounts correct in ratio but specific amounts changed due to memory failure. Allegedly, allegedly, allegedly. (I hope that helps the owners of this website!)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can Chris & Lynne Anderson be the new Politises?

2 people better than 1?
Short answer: no

Politis has a lot of business connections and on top of that all of their players on the roster are on third party deals like the Broncos. The cap is irrelevant if you can manage third party deals like the Roosters.

You know how we lost our Wicked Sister sponsor worth 350k. Roosters shorts logo sponsorship is worth 500k. They are making money left right and centre and don't have the media scrutiny either due to Politis' connections in the media.