News Roosters receive massive cash gift

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Apparently the article is in Sports Confidential. Anyone have a Daily Telegraph subscription?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From twatter

CHOOK COUP
The state government has committed $5.7 million to help fund the Roosters’ $10.6 million centre of excellence.

The training facility will be part of a revamped Sydney Football Stadium and will house high-performance training facilities, office space, medical rooms and an education theatre in the heart of the Moore Park precinct.

It will be home to the Roosters NRL and NRLW teams.

Minister for Planning and Public Spaces Rob Stokes said the Roosters “are part of the fabric at Moore Park”.

The Roosters are getting another boost. Picture: Toby Zerna

“I’m sure current and aspiring players, fans and club officials will be ecstatic to have their future home cemented in the Chooks’ heartland,” Stokes said. “There will be opportunities for schools and local junior football teams to visit the centre and enjoy a Roosters rugby league experience.”

The centere of excellence is expected to be completed in late 2022 and will be ready to use heading into the 2023 season. The SFS is scheduled for completion by the 2022 grand final.

Minister for Sport Natalie Ward said the sporting centre would “complement” the new stadium.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We really missed the boat not pushing hard to have an NRLW team, fact is that having one draws more funding. It will likely also become a bigger draw card for the corporates as time goes on too.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really missed the boat not pushing hard to have an NRLW team, fact is that having one draws more funding. It will likely also become a bigger draw card for the corporates as time goes on too.
In fact, we do have an NRLW team—due to an administrative oversight they played in the Men’s comp in the last two seasons.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For a club with a fan base of 3000 fans they have pulled off some major coups getting the state government to demolish a not too shabby 30 year old stadium which they have never filled , and build them a brand new state of the art complex . Now this , a free centre of excellence . And with our money, taxpayer funded.
Will the Waratahs and Sydney FC also have access to this new centre of shonkiness? I think not

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Gee's people here have really short memory spans.

Don't you recall we received $8,400,000 from the State and Federal Government, as well as Canterbury Council back in 2013 or there abouts for the Belmore upgrade? We got what we were after which is why we can host games there now.

Now it's the Roosters turn.

Although I won't say no the next plan which is access to the sports ground directly from the train station (which is unlikely).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For a club with a fan base of 3000 fans they have pulled off some major coups getting the state government to demolish a not too shabby 30 year old stadium which they have never filled , and build them a brand new state of the art complex . Now this , a free centre of excellence . And with our money, taxpayer funded.
Will the Waratahs and Sydney FC also have access to this new centre of shonkiness? I think not
Not what you know, but......

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They need to build a statue of Politis outside their leagues club. Without him they probably would have folded years ago.
I'm sure they will when he passes.

Can't stand the Rorters but you gotta hand it to Politis for his multi million dollar support and building up of that club from nothing much, with a very small base.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From twatter

CHOOK COUP
The state government has committed $5.7 million to help fund the Roosters’ $10.6 million centre of excellence.

The training facility will be part of a revamped Sydney Football Stadium and will house high-performance training facilities, office space, medical rooms and an education theatre in the heart of the Moore Park precinct.

Minister for Planning and Public Spaces Rob Stokes said the Roosters “are part of the fabric at Moore Park”.

“I’m sure current and aspiring players, fans and club officials will be ecstatic to have their future home cemented in the Chooks’ heartland,” Stokes said. “There will be opportunities for schools and local junior football teams to visit the centre and enjoy a Roosters rugby league experience.”

The centere of excellence is expected to be completed in late 2022 and will be ready to use heading into the 2023 season. The SFS is scheduled for completion by the 2022 grand final.

Minister for Sport Natalie Ward said the sporting centre would “complement” the new stadium.
And some don't believe in Conspracies, and corruption.
The Chooks get favourable treatment from the Government, and CH9 will campaign for them in future elections. EASY.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From twatter

CHOOK COUP

Makes sense that Rob Stokes is involved - the same moron that gave the final okay to further mining under the Woronora Dam and snuck it through parliament during the 1st lockdown in 2020.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the go with that? Why dont we and when can we? We've got a team that plays Tarsha Gale, why wouldnt we go further and expand to an NRLW team? And while we're at it, ditch Mounties once the contract is over

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Always good to see others helping out the needy. It's almost Christmastime!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whats the go with that? Why dont we and when can we? We've got a team that plays Tarsha Gale, why wouldnt we go further and expand to an NRLW team? And while we're at it, ditch Mounties once the contract is over
I don't get it, I can only assume we're behind the pack on this, as we have been on a lot of things over the last 8 years or so. Having said that, I don't get why clubs like Panfers or Eels don't have an NRLW team yet either.

To me this seems like a no brainer. All the systems should already be in place, it is just a matter of putting the right people into the relevant positions, coach, manager, trainers, etc. It means you immediately add to your potential fan base, sponsorship appeal, and the weightiness of anything you lodge with government.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They don't actually own the stadium, they lease it.