Official Roosters re sign Taukiaho

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know ive spelt his name wrong, dont care but another player has gone off the list

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was always a priority for us. All thanks to LM's advisors.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its true though, these players are gonna keep getting locked up pretty quick
For sure, he wasn't going anywhere though. Like most of the guys getting re-signed by their current club.

Still think we may have some late available players in the current circus. Depending on LM, JAC, Arrow etc. Maybe even some Cowboys players.. Dunno, I don't get worked up on it too much at this stage.
Looking forward to what the likes of ToOmaga, Averillo, Topine, Wakeham etc can produce before I hit panic stations.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
another mistake from our board... what is wrong with them... allowing players to remain at their current club
The whole point of this is to showcase that if we dont make moves quickly, players will get snapped up

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maaan. The list just keeps getting smaller.
This is what I was saying a few weeks ago. Since then another 5-10 quality players locked up.

People can try and turn it into a joke but the reality is we can’t dismiss the fact we aren’t able to entice any quality players here. All these blokes are obviously entering negotiations with their clubs they are good players. We can’t stop that. Though the fact we can’t land any. We can’t really improve without breaking this. The list of quality is thinking weekly and it’s still Fucking November. By the time people all click we are left with spuds it will be entertaining!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our plan is the be competitive for 2022. It's time to scrap the remaining 2021 target list and to start looking at the 2022 targets. No idea why we're doing it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole point of this is to showcase that if we dont make moves quickly, players will get snapped up

and the whole point of my post is that everybody is fixated on players we haven't bought and don't consider our purchases to be good ones... even though for example, and I know I've harped on it, but if Dallin came to us at the beginning of the season, he would have been the buy of the year... CHN is proving his worth as well after a slow start with us, and Napa is getting better in a new role. I like the look of Stimson and Britt personally

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t think we were a realistic chance... remember when we were going to sign Ese Ese Ramien & Koroisau? Lol...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our plan is the be competitive for 2022. It's time to scrap the remaining 2021 target list and to start looking at the 2022 targets. No idea why we're doing it.
Yes it seems to be the reason why the club are signing multiple players to 1 year extensions only until the end of 2021 (besides DWZ who is obviously worth keeping for longer). Looks like at the end of 2021 they're planning to have a big clean up. Spine players like Tedesco, Keary and Munster MIGHT be available by then IF they don't re-sign with their current clubs before then and that's a big IF. I hope the club isn't banking on getting them. It's a long wait and a waste of time really if we fail to get any of these type of players then.

Imagine the bidding war for all 3

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes it seems to be the reason why the club are signing multiple players to 1 year extensions only until the end of 2021 (besides DWZ who is obviously worth keeping for longer). Looks like at the end of 2021 they're planning to have a big clean up. Spine players like Tedesco, Keary and Munster MIGHT be available by then IF they don't re-sign with their current clubs before then and that's a big IF. I hope the club isn't banking on getting them. It's a long wait and a waste of time really if we fail to get any of these type of players then.

Imagine the bidding war for all 3
And I don't see the club paying at least 1.3m for a player of that level. With how things are looking we'll be run by someone else by then tho.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I don't see the club paying at least 1.3m for a player of that level. With how things are looking we'll be run by someone else by then tho.
That's what we'd have to pay at minimum to get a player like him. Yes if they are looking at a long term plan it could get them voted out before then. Some on here refuse to believe they are not doing the best job they can but there's a difference between doing the best job you can and the BEST JOB. They may be trying really hard like anyone can at their job but it doesn't always mean you're going to be successful unfortunately. Things like lack of experience can prevent success no mater how hard you try and unfortunately with Chris Anderson gone the club lacks a lot of experience in negotiating with players and their managers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's what we'd have to pay at minimum to get a player like him. Yes if they are looking at a long term plan it could get them voted out before then. Some on here refuse to believe they are not doing the best job they can but there's a difference between doing the best job you can and the BEST JOB. They may be trying really hard like anyone can at their job but it doesn't always mean you're going to be successful unfortunately. Things like lack of experience can prevent success no mater how hard you try and unfortunately with Chris Anderson gone the club lacks a lot of experience in negotiating with players and their managers.
There was just no reason worth putting us through another year of pain (2021). I think they'll struggle to be re-voted in February next year. For me they had between this November (basically finished) and February next year (the 2021 transfer window). They will basically have to come out and give some proper reasons and answers which I am not obviously capable of figuring out myself and honestly don't think exist (which I don't think they'll do, it'll just be standard media responses). It just looks like they haven't had a proper crack at talent or our salary cap is still hindered in 2021. I think they've done a decent job up until this November but that was only half the job. I'm not content with continuing to pick up opportunist and reject players that no one wants as we're so far down the pecking order. We're not going to be a top eight side doing this.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree! We should totally focus on retaining our spuds and not worry about other quality players! That will work! Has been so far!
Like Montoya?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what I was saying a few weeks ago. Since then another 5-10 quality players locked up.

People can try and turn it into a joke but the reality is we can’t dismiss the fact we aren’t able to entice any quality players here. All these blokes are obviously entering negotiations with their clubs they are good players. We can’t stop that. Though the fact we can’t land any. We can’t really improve without breaking this. The list of quality is thinking weekly and it’s still Fucking November. By the time people all click we are left with spuds it will be entertaining!
What about all the other clubs that’d love to have Tauk on their books?

Are they all incapable of landing anyone as well?

Are their board members all incompetent buffoons asleep at the wheel?

You sound like the kinda bloke who signed Messi to their Scunthorpe United save on FIFA and think that it’s possible in real life. Seriously what did you think the odds were that Tauk was gonna sign on anywhere other than the Roosters. Get a grip