Roosters need Nikorima gone.. Nikorima now facing drugs ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players found to be using illicit drugs have immediate access to professional support and treatment to overcome the potential effects on their health. A first positive test results in the player receiving a suspended fine, and they must undertake a mandatory treatment program. The player is also placed on a monitoring program which involves targeted testing.

Players who record a second contravention will serve a 12-match ban, the prospect of contract termination and further treatment and monitoring. Third time offenders will face more severe disciplinary action.

https://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/reference...apeuticuseexemptions/tabid/10438/default.aspx

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't this have been whilst Carter was still at the club?

I wonder how many Roosters players they want to retain have mysteriously had their tests go missing or get paid off to go missing.

Wasn't there a club CEO recently done for possession??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this was a Bulldogs player it would be front page news every day for 2 weeks + a 8 page "Investigation report" in the centre pages even if the player had played 20s in 2008.The media wonder why I no longer buy their papers & this is why. I hope the corrupt journalists (& that's most of them) lose their jobs.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to know that any positive drug tests must be reported immediately to the NRL so shady situations like this don't occur whenever a team wants to move a player on. Not only to keep the players on the straight and narrow, but the clubs need to be kept honest too these days.
The NRL would be apprised of the situation as it is mandatory for a club to report such an event.As I mentioned, first one is a free shot, a warning and being put on notice that second one means auto 12 week suspension ( a la Barba) and the third one sayonara. Any drug tests performed by the NRL of course would automatically be known to the heirachy.

I can completely understand the shady bit though..makes you wonder how many have been swept under the carpet without notice meaning a first could be a second etc.

Gotta be a problem at the Roosters...let's face it Jake Friend was done many years ago, sacked, but because he showed promise was taken back on 'compassionate' grounds as he had 'learned his lesson' and the Roosters felt compelled to look after his well being........Since then Fingersin, Carter, SKD, Martin Kennedy.....and some other so called dodgy doings.....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...o-nrl-drugs-saga-after-hgh-allegation/4981518

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...003969a37?sv=db3d7a658bc48dd5ec2f48aa6d0ddd7a

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/6070b5b3a0a19170ec570b7d77f20736

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck!!!! Only at the roosters, who else can they plant drugs on....
They don’t have to plant drugs on anyone. The entire team is on drugs.
They just need to expose players, when they need to free up cap space.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this was a Bulldogs player it would be front page news every day for 2 weeks + a 8 page "Investigation report" in the centre pages even if the player had played 20s in 2008.The media wonder why I no longer buy their papers & this is why. I hope the corrupt ones (& that's most of them) lose their jobs.
I only ever read the paper when I go to the Dr, which is thankfully none too often. Only do it to wait out the three quarters of an hour time that the Doc is running late.... Sometimes do it over a coffee at Maccas as well when I am waiting for the kid's out of town bus to bring them home from school.......

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to know that any positive drug tests must be reported immediately to the NRL so shady situations like this don't occur whenever a team wants to move a player on. Not only to keep the players on the straight and narrow, but the clubs need to be kept honest too these days.
Honesty & the NRL or anyone associated with it is an oxymoron

Status
Not open for further replies.