Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
From ninemsn - which one of you started this ? :grinning:

------------------------------

Roosters hit by email smear campaign
20:12 AEST Thu Apr 14 2005

Sydney Roosters coach Ricky Stuart says the NRL heavyweights have been plagued by an email smear campaign - including an alleged "Wayne Carey/Kelly Stevens incident" - aimed at bringing down the club.

On the eve of the Roosters' crucial NRL grand final re-match against the Bulldogs, Stuart said it was outside influences that worried the team not their ordinary season start which includes three straight losses.

Stuart alluded to an email, obtained by AAP, that claims team morale is "very low and split over a incident".

"There is a Wayne Carey/Kelly Stevens incident about to surface...," the email said, alluding to the former AFL player who had an affair with his team-mate's wife.

It also names a first grade player, saying he is "on his last legs with management and some players" and is bound for the Bulldogs.

And it claims a "prominent first grader" was kicked out of a Kings Cross pub at 3am on the morning of the Wests Tigers match (a fortnight ago) after partying "with three Rooster cheerleaders".

Stuart said the club had dismissed the email as unfounded but admitted it did have a damaging effect.

The Roosters mentor said his frustration was compounded when its contents were read out by a caller to a Sydney radio station.

"There's a rumour doing the rounds at the moment ... from these gutless, weak people in the public who want to bring down the organisation of the team, a lot of preparation, a culture," he said.

"That email ... it's a way of getting at something that we have all tried hard to work for with regards to achieving something.

"... we were trying to hose down the effects because everything in this email is ... incorrect information.

"It can be very damaging and that's a part of what makes it hard for a club - you are doing everything you can within but it's what is happening outside that sometimes can create an effect."

Stuart said the team would stick together through the tough times - an attitude he learned from his playing days at Canberra and Canterbury.

"Probably the thing you are worried about (most is) the damaging effects (off field)," he said.

Stuart said he wasn't worried about the Roosters' on-field situation - yet.

The Roosters currently sit 12th with a 2-3 record.

"You never think that (you are in trouble), you are always confident to win each game...," he said.

"We wouldn't want to be in this position around round 10, 12 or 14."

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I heard this rumour too.... so its not true?

Reaction score
Brissy Bulldog said:
It also names a first grade player, saying he is "on his last legs with management and some players" and is bound for the Bulldogs.
i wonder which player it is.

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
yep i got the email yesterday
I asked the person who sent it to me as to where he got it from and he sai they asked to get their email address removed

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
I doubt the e-mail is true in any way. Someone is playing a prank and now has their 15 minutes of fame.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this before. Most of these e-mail things are normally rubbish. When the Coffs Harbour thing happened, I got about 5 different e-mails that had "the real story", including some that named players who were not there !.

What I find funny is that when someone sends an e-mail its a "smear campaign". However if your Magnay, Wilson, Weidler or the RLW Mole you can publish it in a national newspaper and its okay !

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Brissy Bulldog said:
What I find funny is that when someone sends an e-mail its a "smear campaign". However if your Magnay, Wilson, Weidler or the RLW Mole you can publish it in a national newspaper and its okay !
HAHAHA that is so true. It gets called gossip as opposed to a smear campaign.

A

atomic_crimson

much like the bettin thing last year all started based on a rumour that the rorters were gonna get done for being over the cap...

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
meh who cares i couldnt care if people smear us enough peple h8 us already more wont make much of a difference

D

Danish

For anyone wanting to have a laugh, send in semi-believable info to the telecrap. They publish it without so much as even asking for more info.

Just make sure its about AFL players :p

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
Danish said:
For anyone wanting to have a laugh, send in semi-believable info to the telecrap. They publish it without so much as even asking for more info.

Just make sure its about AFL players :p
super 12 players seem to always be trouble makers ;)

A

atomic_crimson

lol danish...

have u heard about the shirt i saw :D

classical.. old man was wearin it "is that the truth...............of did u read it in the telegraph?"

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Boo who!

They get an e-mail going around about them.

We get called rapists.

Which is worse?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course it's rubbish. But it does have an affect on morale if you let it. The next stage will be an article quoting an "un-named source" from within the club, ie: no-one.
The purpose is simply to stir up a non issue to sell more papers - and more advertising income.

F

Forum Idiot

so who was the player anyway? , the email might not be true but the club may still be fed up with the player involved , it says he is bound for the bulldogs , so it would still be good to know the player involved.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams said:
so who was the player anyway? , the email might not be true but the club may still be fed up with the player involved , it says he is bound for the bulldogs , so it would still be good to know the player involved.
SBW - how would we fit anyone in under the cap??

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams said:
i think i know the player involved, he was rumoured to come to the doggies

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it definitely ain't Cayless.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol I also think we can safely rule thug Crocker out of the equation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.