Rooster's Halves make up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I tried to get onto the Wall to look at what was up, but can't have to be a member. So I'll see if anyone here knows, i'm just curious.

With Finch out, who was supposed going to play 5/8th. What do they do now? Firman is first and foremost a halfback, and will prob stay there? My guess is that Amos might have to play there? He played a couple of games there for Preston last year did he not?

1. Minichello
2. Lester
3. Cross
4. Monaghan
5. Walker
6. Roberts
7. Firman

How does that look?

M

MrCharisma

I would say that's the case until Finch gets back.... if Wing gets back before Finch, you might see Finch to 5/8th, Wing to halfback and Heath L'Estrange in hooker.

Another option is possibly Chris Flannery in 5/8th and Firman in halfback

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1.Minichello
2.Roberts
3.Cross
4.Monaghan
5.Walker
6.Flanery
7.Firman
(MrC's Plan B ;) )

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Geez, while I hate the Roosters, it would be a shame to see Wing anywhere but hooker, boy is he dangerous from there!!

M

MrCharisma

Wing is an awesome utility player.... him and Chris Flanney make that side extra dangerous.

Their halves I say will depend on who comes back first.... Wing or Finch.

If Wing, I'd say
6. Firman
7. Wing

If Finch... well that's kinda obviously but I say Flannery will get the nod at 5/8th

M

MrCharisma

Wouldn't the Roosters be spewing about letting Luke Dorn go

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Well they can't keep everybody ;)

Even though we all think they have an 'unlimited' salary cap .. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MrCharisma

lol only an idiot would think they have an unlimited salary cap.... to be honet I guess people are just jealous of their recruiting power.

But the let Dorn go so he could get an oppotunity in first grade since he was stuck in P.L...... they sure as hell would be using him now!

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought by the title that this thread was going to be about Craig Wing looking like Miriam or Wing and Finch kissing and making up after a lover's tiff.

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firman is the best choice for the Roosters at half-back IMO. Wing would be first choice at 5/8, followed by Flannery.....followed by Jamie Soward.......followed by Jason Cayless......followed by Finch.

6. Wing / Flannery if Wing isn't available
7. Firman

9. Webb / Crocker / L'Estrange

D

Danish

Wing is back for round 1.

I would like Wing to play 5/8, and drop Webb into hooker.

OR

Wing halfback, Firman 5/8, Webb Hooker

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Shifty said:
Firman is the best choice for the Roosters at half-back IMO. Wing would be first choice at 5/8, followed by Flannery.....followed by Jamie Soward.......followed by Jason Cayless......followed by Finch.

6. Wing / Flannery if Wing isn't available
7. Firman

9. Webb / Crocker / L'Estrange
Despite your thoughts, Finch nearly won the Dally M last year. As much as I hate the dichhead, he's got some game.

Reaction score
Firman will play halfback in round 1. Hes playing halfback when Finch is there, he has no reason not to play it when Finch isnt there.

Firman - 7
Wing - 6
L'estrange - 9
Finch - Bench in Jersey flegg.

IMO it should stay this way for the rest of the season. Dunno why you guys rate Flannery so highly, I mean hes good, but not THAT good.

Reaction score
Shifty said:

You left out Morely, Catic, Crocker, Fitzgibbon, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Terry Lamb and Phil Gould as people to be picked before Finch at 5/8.

P.S. Jamie Soward is ****ing awesome! How good was that field goal he kicked in the g/f last season?!

D

Danish

They actually trained with both Finch and Firman swapping roles. So Firman can definitely drop into 5/8.

However Wing can play anywhere, and i spose Firman needs as much game time as possible to get used to the halfback role

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I have little doubt when Finch returns it will be:

6. Finch
7. Firman
9. Wing

Finch is a tad more versatile than Firman, and has more passing skills in my opinion. He'd make a better 5/8th.

D

Danish

That is exactly how it will be for sure cljunior.

but for the 6 weeks until Finch is back, the halves could be a very big risk for the roosters. Firman definitely wouldnt have the support of the team just yet, but then again watching the 03 seaso he grabbed the dragons by the horns and MADE them follow him.

Hopefully we see that Firman in 05. Although i'm sure you doggies fans dont care.... haha

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Finch is a decent halfback and no doubt he could handle the 5/8 role capably, but the Roosters have so many better options. Wing was virtually playing a 5/8 role in the Tri Nations and was one of Australia's best players on the tour. Unless injury hits Firman, which is a real possiblity, I don't think Finch should be in First Grade at the end of the season.

Finch may be better off trying to repair his ties with Canberra, which is about his best chance at making a starting side.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Don't underestimate Firman. He has a good passing and Kicking game. But they wont move him from half. They will want him to be the organiser of the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.