Rogue Competition

Would you support a rogue comp taking over?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just find so much to hate with the NRL these days. I might not care as much about the biased media if it weren't for the fact that I watch games which frequently are won or lost due to rubbish from the referees.

If a well funded comp was starting in opposition to the NRL I'd happily support it as long as the club was able to be guaranteed a place in it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just find so much to hate with the NRL these days. I might not care as much about the biased media if it weren't for the fact that I watch games which frequently are won or lost due to rubbish from the referees.

If a well funded comp was starting in opposition to the NRL I'd happily support it as long as the club was able to be guaranteed a place in it.
Your right but my opinion is that the game as it currently exists is dying, everywhere I go I see Rugby goal posts been replaced by AFL or Soccer goal posts. Every fan of the game and more particularly our club should not ignore the fact that the need for constant rule changes proves that our game has some serious problems both off and also on the field. I dont always blame the referees their work has been made more and more difficult for them by these constant rule changes.
IMHO the main problems are.
NEWS LTD who probably don't care much because they can walk away from RL and foster RU when ever they so choose.
CH9 who are only interested in that soaless club and the few billionaires who support the Roosters, in spite of the fact that even with all the great publicity they get and success they get as result, they are still hard pressed to get decent crowds at their games..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 The NRL (Over several season & NRL leaders) have ignored country rugby league.

2 There is now no point to the salary cap as it has been corrupted so much by the NRL CEOs cow-towing to the RLPA. Some teams seem to be allowed to do anything whilst others get pulled back. An example is that Souths were allowed to exclude Sam Burgess' transfer fee from their salary cap whilst Parramatta had to include a pommy players' transfer fee & Greg Eastwood had to pay his.

3 The refereeing is in crisis & the NRL & CEO are putting their heads in the sand about it

4 The integrity unit seems to get last consideration in the matter. The club gets in first (except it seems if it is the Bulldogs) & negotiate their way out of it. The integrity unit needs to be advised & take over the situation & not be influenced by the media. Then they need to provide a full report to the NRL, club & fans with a penalty handed out, with the right of one appeal.

5 The NRL needs to lead the game not the media. They need to make decisions & stick to them. I guess that's the problem when you pick the wrong CEOs with weak leadership.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They should have a CRL league running along side the nrlol.

They can have a FA Cup style competition pre-season instead of the pointless trials.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think we'll ever see a rogue comp as it cost Murdoch an absolute shitload to run Super League. Cost was in the billions.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think we'll ever see a rogue comp as it cost Murdoch an absolute shitload to run Super League. Cost was in the billions.
Super League was a good idea but very badly handled, some of the people he "Murdoch" employed to establish SL were beyond a joke I wouldn't have employed his main man to sweep the floor of my factory at the time, which proves that even Murdoch can make massive blunders.
I don't believe that you need Murdoch to set up and finance a rogue competition especially with the current state of the game both on and off the field.
Anyway I believe that the game as it is at present is headed for extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.