Roberts Charged, Parker Free to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Why did Kasiano miss two weeks yet Roberts will only miss 1 week even if he fights it and gets found guilty??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If only James laid off the alcohol as mcuh as he lays the boot in, he'd be a much better player.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
didnt you see come out and defend graham kick in the air which got penalized and was charged for that too, but you did feel the need to come out and defend Roberts kick which did make contact with the player and should have been a penalty unlike Grahams.
Neither was worthy of being charged. Didnt need to defend Graham as he missed so there couldnt be any charge anyway. For Roberts he didnt miss but it was more of a gentle kneel into a player then very minor poke with his foot. Hardly a kick...more a poke.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck can they charge Roberts with Contrary Conduct.... that's swearing a a ref, etc.

That was a fucking KICK .. Grade 1 Kick 2 game suspension.

If not a kick "Dangerous Contact Other" or "Striking".
You don't know the League rules.

“Contrary Conduct” – means misconduct on the part of a Player constituted by behaving in a way that is contrary to the true spirit of the Game.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

“Contrary Conduct” – means misconduct on the part of a Player constituted by behaving in a way that is contrary to the true spirit of the Game.
Is 'Hypocrite' covered under these rules?

Just so I know what Parker will be charged with.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Neither was worthy of being charged. Didnt need to defend Graham as he missed so there couldnt be any charge anyway. For Roberts he didnt miss but it was more of a gentle kneel into a player then very minor poke with his foot. Hardly a kick...more a poke.
I'm usually pretty measured, but you're a fucking idiot.

I just watched the slow mo and the real time replay of what you call a 'poke' and he swings his Leg and end up with his boot in the back of the Titans player.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

o kas was a gentle poke too, parker face is made of tissue.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty measured, but you're a fucking idiot.

I just watched the slow mo and the real time replay of what you call a 'poke' and he swings his Leg and end up with his boot in the back of the Titans player.
One was determined Grade 1....IT WAS ONLY MINIMALLY DANGEROUS...while the other Grade 2...MORE DANGEROUS....more dangerous

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone think Kaz and Glendoggies would make a cute couple? Or would she make him sick to his stomach?

As an adult, I'd have thought by now you'd know what a kick is.

Contrary Conduct is abusing a ref, is spitting at a fan, it's conduct that brings the game into disrepute.

Kicking someone isn't contrary conduct, it's a dog act and specifically defined by the NRL under the Current Rules Of The Game, by way of specific judiciary charge.

Otherwise why was Kasiano not charged with contrary conduct.

Sportsbet sponsor the NRL and William Hill (official Broncos sponsor) recently employed the old Sportsbet CEO.

Maybe Bulldogs should get sponsored by Ladbrokes or someone as that seems to be the key to a successful NRL team these days.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
It won't surprise me if the fuckwit gets off. Afterall, he is related to Anthony Mundine (ick).

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos are retards. he will fight this and lose. Roberts kicked him, it made contact with a titans player and the impact was low-level. What would their defence be? he kicked him but the impact level was zero? wtf...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what sort of defence they will come up with because they will fight it to try and get it dismissed. Grade 1 charge for a deliberate kick.
There you go, said they would and of course we will get all the comments like " Oh can't miss a finals game for that" " It is not in his game" 'It was in the heat of battle" .

Just what defence will they use?

What happened is pretty self explanatory and not really open to interpretation unless they want to say that the Titans player deliberately contacted his back and side with the boot of the Broncos player who feared for his safety or probably this one "Gerard said he didn't see anything so it never happened?"

Lol, they award a penalty try for a player swinging his legs around to dislodge a ball from the hands of a player in an attempt to stop a try being scored but when a player actually kicks another he can look at having a charge dismissed?

Should give him two weeks for good measure because he is a dickhead.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He'll get off because it wasn't an act of Contrary Conduct... it was striking/kicking.

And herein lies the stupidity of this all. We've seen it with Jack Wighton. MRC deliberately charges the player with the wrong offence, so they can argue it and get off.

His legal representation will argue that the charge of contrary conduct is incorrect as he has not brought the game into disrepute by kicking another player. His legal rep will be able to admit that his client did indeed kick another player, as he has not been charged as such, and charge can't be made in retrospect.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
“Kicking” – means misconduct on the part of a Player constituted by kicking another player.

"MRC panel, by observing my client kicking another player, in an accidental fashion, does not show he behaved in a manner that is contrary to the true spirit of the game. If the MRC intended to charge my client with kicking, they would have charged him (Like Sam Kasiano) with kicking an opponent. As the MRC has decided to charge my client with contrary conduct, I have hence proven he is not guilty of behaving in a manner that is against the true spirit of the game"

5 minutes later.

"The MRC find Mr Roberts not guilty and clear to play"

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You sir are a moron you went ape shit about kasianos kick but Robert was ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.