News Robbo update

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Have an update from the Robbo family.

"Had chemo, still in a bit of pain but is able to talk a little better now. He will not find out the overall success until after Xmas however finger and everything else is crossed that it is good news. Thanks for checking in and I know that all the support has been amazing and Robbo has been taken back by it all."

Once again - if you haven't already (and even if you have) - reach out and give a Dogs legend your support. Email is below.

geoff.robbo1@outlook.com

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have an update from the Robbo family.

"Had chemo, still in a bit of pain but is able to talk a little better now. He will not find out the overall success until after Xmas however finger and everything else is crossed that it is good news. Thanks for checking in and I know that all the supprt has been amazing and Robbo has been taken back by it all."

Once again - if you haven't already (and even if you have) - reach out and give a Dogs legend your support. Email is below.

geoff.robbo1@outlook.com
Thanks for the update, mate. Robbo is one of the most beloved legends of the club, of all time. I wish him all the very best.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Hopefully all goes well. And hopefully Gus and Khoury get the memo about the Robbo wigs for the first home game to help pay for his treatment.
Fantastic idea mate.
Still remember Robbo's first game for the Dogs 3rd grade back in 1976 at Leichhardt with his long black hair & ferocious charges into the defence scattering Tigers like ninepins he became not only my favourite all time player but the whole Dog's crowd as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fantastic idea mate.
Still remember Robbo's first game for the Dogs 3rd grade back in 1976 at Leichhardt with his long black hair & ferocious charges into the defence scattering Tigers like ninepins he became not only my favourite all time player but the whole Dog's crowd as well.
These guys are what makes a club great.

Characters.

Players who fans recognise that give their all and are therefore supporters' heroes and make us proud to support a team that has players of that calibre out there on the field in our jersey.

The fans knew he was so consistent and what he'd deliver each and every game. That he'd do his job of smashing the opposition and inspiring his team mates.

These players must be acknowledged and supported in their post footy days as club legends. They might not have been rep players nor Dally M winners but local, (or near enough), juniors who succeeded, and inspired, in the toughest league comp in the World.

Be very fitting to have the wig game and use it as a platform to bring back pride, and tradition, in the team to honour Robbo.