News RLPA vs NRL UPDATE- Civil war set to end

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
LOL, I did the same. All it did was leave ugly black sticky marks on my jersey, although I did get a lot of people asking me why I did it. It seems that no one in the NRL can come up with an original idea...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I used those permanent laundry markers that mum used to write my name on my hat and jackets, it did the job but faded after about 10 washes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If they want to get the nrl attention, agree to kicking the ball off at the whistle then all players sit down for 60 seconds .. no one plays at the ball, do it for 60 seconds the first round then have ot compound from there.

No penalties can be given to either side as no one is slowing down the ball in play - as no one has received the ball to begin with.

Nrl hierarchy are a bunch of hillbillies... I'd laugh my arse off at the uproar it would cause.
I want this to happen for the laughs lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL, I did the same. All it did was leave ugly black sticky marks on my jersey, although I did get a lot of people asking me why I did it. It seems that no one in the NRL can come up with an original idea...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Last time I saw you at the footy the NRL badge was still covered. How long ago did you do that? ‘12? ‘14?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My position on this;
It’s easy to look at a footy player as an overpayed whinger but the reality is, the average NRL career is 50games (about 3-4 season in the top 30) and the average salary is about $300k.
you’re a average NRL player puts their body through the same punishment that the superstars do, but earns less in his career than most of us will in 1/3 of our chosen careers. Once they’re done, they’re broken, purposeless and often have no career prospects.
So while I’m not inclined to believe the RLPA’s bullshit, I don’t begrudge the players getting what they can.
on the other side of the fence, I think we can all agree that PVL is a cûnt, Abdo is a cûnts, cûnt, and the media are lying cûnts. So, I don’t believe a fucking thing any one of them say.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last time I saw you at the footy the NRL badge was still covered. How long ago did you do that? ‘12? ‘14?
After the fiasco that was Black Friday..,.yeah:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. My protest about the shitty treatment our club was getting...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I used those permanent laundry markers that mum used to write my name on my hat and jackets, it did the job but faded after about 10 washes.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.If I had used permanent markers I might have written something naughty on my jersey to voice my displeasure..

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been reported,but apparently the main issue in all of this is something called the " Hardship "fund ( for retired players) & how much the NRL are willing to stump up compared to what the RLPA want..quite a few in the game believe that Newton is a bit of a glory hound & will drag it on as long he can till they get what they want

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been reported,but apparently the main issue in all of this is something called the " Hardship "fund ( for retired players) & how much the NRL are willing to stump up compared to what the RLPA want..quite a few in the game believe that Newton is a bit of a glory hound & will drag it on as long he can till they get what they want
Players should get Bet Return credit instead.
That way they can pump money back into the game and keep the sponsors happy....(wink wink)

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BREAKING: Rugby league’s civil war set to end after ‘done deal’ between RLPA and NRL

Rugby league’s civil war is set to end, with the RLPA and the NRL agreeing in principle on a new collective bargaining agreement.

It is pending documentation and ratification from the playing group.

The over $1 billion deal will mean threats of a player strike, or a Dally M boycott, have been avoided - as well as a potential protest by players just before this weekend’s games.

It also means the end of the media blackout, with the fans at home able to hear from players before, during and after games.

“The Rugby League Player’s Association is pleased to advise that it has reached in-principle agreement with the NRL on an historic collective bargaining agreement,” it said in a statement.

“Once ratified, this agreement will set rugby league up for the future while ensuring the rights of all NRL and NRLW players - current and future - are protected.

“The in-principle agreement will be presented to the Australian Rugby League Commission and Rugby League Players’ Association for ratification in the coming days.

“Player-led action for this weekend will be cancelled.

“The RLPA acknowledges the efforts of the NRL to resolve the CBA in recent days, and thanks its members for their resolve in ensuring a fair agreement that benefits the game and all of its stakeholders.”

“The in-principle agreement will be presented to the Australian Rugby League Commission and Rugby League Players’ Association for ratification in the coming days. “Player-led action for this weekend will be cancelled. “The RLPA acknowledges the efforts of the NRL to resolve the CBA in recent days, and thanks its members for their resolve in ensuring a fair agreement that benefits the game and all of its stakeholders.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f077361bc9dd3c5d16ad54f1e217e32d

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BREAKING: Rugby league’s civil war set to end after ‘done deal’ between RLPA and NRL

Rugby league’s civil war is set to end, with the RLPA and the NRL agreeing in principle on a new collective bargaining agreement.

It is pending documentation and ratification from the playing group.

The over $1 billion deal will mean threats of a player strike, or a Dally M boycott, have been avoided - as well as a potential protest by players just before this weekend’s games.

It also means the end of the media blackout, with the fans at home able to hear from players before, during and after games.

“The Rugby League Player’s Association is pleased to advise that it has reached in-principle agreement with the NRL on an historic collective bargaining agreement,” it said in a statement.

“Once ratified, this agreement will set rugby league up for the future while ensuring the rights of all NRL and NRLW players - current and future - are protected.

“The in-principle agreement will be presented to the Australian Rugby League Commission and Rugby League Players’ Association for ratification in the coming days.

“Player-led action for this weekend will be cancelled.

“The RLPA acknowledges the efforts of the NRL to resolve the CBA in recent days, and thanks its members for their resolve in ensuring a fair agreement that benefits the game and all of its stakeholders.”

“The in-principle agreement will be presented to the Australian Rugby League Commission and Rugby League Players’ Association for ratification in the coming days. “Player-led action for this weekend will be cancelled. “The RLPA acknowledges the efforts of the NRL to resolve the CBA in recent days, and thanks its members for their resolve in ensuring a fair agreement that benefits the game and all of its stakeholders.”
Who buckled?

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who buckled?
I reckon NRL have but they’ll pretend they didn’t. I read the players were going to do a strike this weekend and delay the games and they were also looking at not attending the Dally M’s. So NRL have definitely agreed to terms that they weren’t agreeing with originally

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What exactly was agreed?

Always a Bulldog

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As someone on reddit pointed out, this is the best photo they could find of him, the evil **** looks like the joker from batman all he's missing is the blood on his lips
ff9957fbefcb5babb61208a08a47eae6.jpg