• Dragons

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Manly ( des the prick Hasler)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels as far as history goes (back to the 80s) but the Roosters are not far behind since 2004 when they started pinching our players.

I hate the Roosters the most because of the way they're able to sign top players on the cheap / under the table

Also the last 2 players we've signed from the chooks have turned out to be expensive duds

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Probably Parramatta but our Penrith rivalry has been picking up lately. Rivalries like Dragons and Roosters have been dying out for us. It seems though that the NRL don’t see eye to eye with the fans saying that the Parramatta and Canterbury rivalry is still going strong as barely any promotion has been put forward for the rivalry and time-slots have been sloppy for this sort of game.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably Parramatta but our Penrith rivalry has been picking up lately. Rivalries like Dragons and Roosters have been dying out for us. It seems though that the NRL don’t see eye to eye with the fans saying that the Parramatta and Canterbury rivalry is still going strong as barely any promotion has been put forward for the rivalry and time-slots have been sloppy for this sort of game.
Ur right the nrl needs to put more attention to the us vs the eels rivalry and invest in it which they haven’t

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Growing up as I did in the 1950's and 60's when Saints won 11 comps in a row, I hated Saints with plenty of passion. The Berries as we were then known didn't beat them once during that 11 year reign. When it changed to the 4 tackle rule in 1967 we finally beat them in the 2nd last round at the old Sports Ground and then it was the happiest day of my young life when we beat them 12 to 11 in the Preliminary Final and end their reign.

While there is still a little bit of hatred there, I must say I now hate the Roosters more than Saints. One man is responsible for that hatred. His initials are NP.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the era really... atm you would say us and the Penny's are about to hit a rocky rivalry.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parra for sure. Then Saints/Souths/Roosters. The Tigers have been too irrelevant for too long to be considered.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We all know about previous ones but I think Panthers will be a new one in the next few year's..... for obvious reasons.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dunno, tempted to say the answer is no one at the moment. The thing about rivalries is you actually have to be competitive and win some games for it to really mean anything. Plus the real litmus test are when teams are 'up' when they face you because the match means a little bit more (eg roosters v souths). That won't really happen to us until we're back to the Bulldogs we know and love.

The Dogs v Eels rivalry in the 80s was before my time following the club so I don't really have an intense hatred of Parra as much as some supporters. The Roosters will forever be my most hated off the back of everything that happened between our club and theirs from the early 2000s. Them winning off the back of us getting kicked out in 2002, the genuine hate both sets of players had for each other, 2004 GF, crowd violence, poaching our players, the list goes on. It was super intense. The way Bulldog supporters were treated back then, especially those of middle eastern descent at a time in history where there was simmering tensions toward that community because of 9/11 turned that rivalry into an absolute powderkeg which felt like it was gonna explode. Plus it gave a lot of opposition supporters (especially Roosters supporters) a way to be racist by saying how much they can't stand 'dirty Bulldog supporters' when we all knew what that really meant and what they really wanted to say. I'm going down a rabbit hole here but you could write an entire book about that part of the club's history.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers for me. After that Roosters, Eels and Rabbits probably in that order. I don't really care about the other 2. Mine are more based of recent times.