Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
sounds like he was a little shit. so im ok for being called out on it
Yeh but who holds a grudge on a 12 year old into their adulthood? He didn't kill anyone

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
spose it depends what he did. i know my dad still holds resentment at what my older brothers friend did to me
Maybe so. But Ricky is stupid making such comments to the media. He could be sued.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets say Ricky gets "suspended".

How the hell are they going to police that?

No emails? No phone calls? No smoke signals? No directions via a friend to coaching staff?

If its a 2 week ban they play Knights and Dragons. They could go out blindfolded and probably win those games.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he could but would lose. insulting someone isn't defamation
It fits the legal description of defamation I would’ve thought …attacking a persons character on a public forum , in this case a post match press conference to a gleefully waiting media

Whether he wins the defamation case is another thing

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
It fits the legal description of defamation I would’ve thought …attacking a persons character on a public forum , in this case a post match press conference to a gleefully waiting media

Whether he wins the defamation case is another thing
from my understanding it's knowingly making a false statement that tarnishes someone's reputation. what ricky just said was his opinion of the bloke

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
from my understanding it's knowingly making a false statement that tarnishes someone's reputation. what ricky just said was his opinion of the bloke
Can he prove the player is a grub?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Quite easily and that’s why I doubt very much the family will want to pursue any legal action (they won’t want their sons indiscretions made public)

Last edited:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if ricky made a statement saying salmon did a specific act, it would be up to the family to prove that a) he didn't do it and b) ricky new he didn't do it

Malla

Reaction score
if ricky made a statement saying salmon did a specific act, it would be up to the family to prove that a) he didn't do it and b) ricky new he didn't do it
It would be a waste of money pursuing any legal action.

What kind of brand damage are they suing for? Salmon would be lucky to play 50 first grade games in his career. He's hugely average. Is the defamation going to be argued that he impacted Salmons future earning capacity? Would be extremely hard to prove. On top of that, what Salmon did and said was pretty foul, that would have to come out in court too, not sure if Salmon wants that out there in the public.

Like I said, best for both parties for everyone to just move on and Sticky to cop the punishment.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Calling someone a dog isnt defamation any more than calling them a ****. Would you sue if someone called you a ****?

Now, if someone called you a cheating ****, a paedophile **** or a criminal **** of some sort, that's a different Kettle of fish.

Edit: the blanked out word is the c word.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Calling someone a dog isnt defamation any more than calling them a ****. Would you sue if someone called you a ****?

Now, if someone called you a cheating ****, a paedophile **** or a criminal **** of some sort, that's a different Kettle of fish.

Edit: the blanked out word is the c word.
I understand what you mean, but I think it’s the grand scale of it CD.. It was publicly broadcasted nation wide..on msm, social media, and everyone talking about it socially..at the pub, the club, in the grandstand, etc. All making judgments about your character. Just when you are a young person trying to make it in the cut throat world of professional short. I think it’s the grand scale of it..Stuart’s words went everywhere..and as you know mud sticks..

Plus, if was just some bloke up the road callling you a ‘dog’.. you’d tell him to F off.. but when it’s a person of lofty standings like Stuart, who is, regardless of what people think of him personally, he is a premiership winner, as player and coach, a former representative player, as a player and coach, his words hold considerable weight..

Thus, if we look at it that way, no wonder he wants to do something legally, rather than just defend himself, by saying, I was only 12 years old..

Last edited:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely the Sharks Junior League would have a record of exactly what happened in the alledged incident in 2010. The NRL IU should contact them and obtain that record and whether any action was taken by them. Then they can get a better handle on what to do next.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely the Sharks Junior League would have a record of exactly what happened in the alledged incident in 2010. The NRL IU should contact them and obtain that record and whether any action was taken by them. Then they can get a better handle on what to do next.
I guess. Seeing as they say they are doing a thorough investigation lol

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess. Seeing as they say they are doing a thorough investigation lol
Yeah Wen but how thorough is thorough? Your definition of thorough and mine, could be completely different to the IU. I hope the big broom used to sweep things under the carpet, stays in the closet.