News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well Ricky's always been a whinging cat, he hasn't changed. He was a whinging cat as a player and is still a whinging cat now.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah well Ricky's always been a whinging cat, he hasn't changed. He was a whinging cat as a player and is still a whinging cat now.
This sounds like something Ricky would say. lol

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gould said Stuart's son had played in the same rugby league side as Salmon during the Panther's junior days, but was unsure what exactly prompted such a reaction from the veteran coach.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ricky doesn't like seafood and especially isn't a fan when the seafood attacks the meat and two veg.

Simples....

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was on twitter last night (don't know if real don't know how to use Twitter)

BREAKING: Jaeman Salmon hits back at Ricky Stuart’s comments, saying: “Yeah, well at the end of the day he has to show up to work everyday for a sh*tty team located in the most boring city on planet earth. I stay winning.” Per sources.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s taken away from salmon kicking old mate in the balls then the head
Salmon probaly happy lol, otherwise everyone hammering him

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was pretty intentional and tuna should get a couple of weeks. I’ve never liked his head but remember hearing something about him being a grubby prick off field. I just can’t remember what it was. Bullying but more too. Salmon would’ve been 14-15 & at De La when Ricky lived in the shire

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't see the fuss with what was said
I think it is more about that it was said at a press conference - if someone said it to me about me at the local - wouldnt care - but the fact he chose to make the comment at a press conference is the issue imho.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220807-101943_Facebook.jpg

Can someone post full article up smh just posted the story but read it

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 57901

Can someone post full article up smh just posted the story but read it

The incident which triggered one of the most personal attacks ever seen at a rugby league press conference occurred at a junior league game in the Shire more than a decade ago.

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart launched a savage takedown of Penrith stand-in five-eighth Jaeman Salmon on Saturday night, referring to the 23-year-old as a “weak-gutted dog” following an on-field incident which saw Tom Starling kicked in the genitals while making a tackle.

The Panthers are now exploring their legal options on behalf of Salmon, who was left rattled by Stuart’s tirade. Stuart is also facing sanction from the NRL for his comments, including the option of a potential suspension as well as a fine.
Sources with knowledge of the history between Stuart and the Panthers No.6 told the Herald that the coach’s fury dates back to an incident between his son and Salmon during a junior league game in 2010.

Sources said Stuart’s son was in tears after an incident with Salmon, who was his teammate in the under 12’s at the time.

Stuart then approached Salmon, whose father took exception to the comments and actions from the then Cronulla coach. The pair had to be separated as things became heated.

“He was a weak-gutted dog as a kid and he hasn’t changed now. He is a weak-gutted dog person now.”

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo confirmed that the NRL Integrity Unit was looking into the comments.

“It’s a disappointing situation,” Abdo told the Herald.

“This happened last night and everyone deserves due process. We will get all the facts before making a decision.”

Salmon was placed on report for kicking Starling between the legs in a chaotic clash on Saturday night. He is facing a possible charge as the match review committee looks over the incident on Sunday morning.

Stuart could not hide his emotions when asked about the incident as the Raiders went down to the premiers 26-6 at GIO Stadium.

Salmon was keen to talk to the media when he learnt about the comments, but the club advised him it was best if he kept quiet.

The 23-year-old grew up in Cronulla and made his debut for Parramatta before shifting to Penrith. He has never been coached by Stuart.

More to come