Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where did I say I was defending Stuart?

I did post previously that he shouldn’t have said what he said and that he let his emotions get the better of him.

To say it was an accident or that he was trying to get to his feet is laughable.

Salmon was on his back and any player knows where the other players are, especially at first grade level. Any player would’ve known where Starling was and wouldn’t have lifted their leg like Salmon did “accidentally”.
no he was being held down by another player rod who wouldnt let him play the ball and starling was 2nd man in , no player intends to kick someone there. The actual fine was not for kicking in the nuts it was the last one for the kick in the head. Fuk you will see more than 20 over every weekend.
glad you agree that Ricky was out of line tho.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no he was being held down by another player rod who wouldnt let him play the ball and starling was 2nd man in , no player intends to kick someone there. The actual fine was not for kicking in the nuts it was the last one for the kick in the head. Fuk you will see more than 20 over every weekend.
glad you agree that Ricky was out of line tho.
I must have been seeing things when Starling was writhing on the ground in pain clutching in the area he’d been “accidentally” hit.

As I said anyone who’s played the game would NOT lash out like that especially when he was over the top of Salmon. Ref should’ve acted on it sooner but didn’t.

If you believe it was an “accident” why then did Ricky say what he said?

If you’ve seen that happen every fucken week you might want to which games as we’re clearly not watching the same games.

Ricky should’ve kept his thought to himself but he’s absolutely right in what he said.

It was a dog act.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I must have been seeing things when Starling was writhing on the ground in pain clutching in the area he’d been “accidentally” hit.

As I said anyone who’s played the game would NOT lash out like that especially when he was over the top of Salmon. Ref should’ve acted on it sooner but didn’t.

If you believe it was an “accident” why then did Ricky say what he said?

If you’ve seen that happen every fucken week you might want to which games as we’re clearly not watching the same games.

Ricky should’ve kept his thought to himself but he’s absolutely right in what he said.

It was a dog act.
so you are agreeing with what he said, abusing a 12 year old player? it was fuckn disgraceful imo.
and he was suspended accordingly. Salmon got nothing as it was nothing.
on ya old line of playing the game, mate i played for over 20 years up to grade level and currently coach at rep level. The wrestle is all part of the game and sometimes it goes wrong unintentional.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just because the grudge started when Salmon was 12 doesn’t mean nothing has happened since. I’m reading between the lines

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just because the grudge started when Salmon was 12 doesn’t mean nothing has happened since. I’m reading between the lines
Look maybe, I’ve coached kids at 11,12 age and they were the biggest fuking pests. Abusing everyone, they grow up and mature and are perfect role models at 15 and 16
it happens all the time.
any coach will tell similar stories

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look maybe, I’ve coached kids at 11,12 age and they were the biggest fuking pests. Abusing everyone, they grow up and mature and are perfect role models at 15 and 16
it happens all the time.
I think considering the trigger happy NRL gave Stuart (a serial offender) a slap on the wrist 1 week suspension and a piss weak fine that the Raiders will pay…tells you there is more to it.

Stuart should not have used his position and media platform to have his whinge, but there is clearly more to it.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you are agreeing with what he said, abusing a 12 year old player? it was fuckn disgraceful imo.
and he was suspended accordingly. Salmon got nothing as it was nothing.
on ya old line of playing the game, mate i played for over 20 years up to grade level and currently coach at rep level. The wrestle is all part of the game and sometimes it goes wrong unintentional.
FMD! Tell me where I said I agreed with what he said? I fucken never DID!!!!

"Salmon got nothing as it was nothing"..........Camera doesn't lie champ unlike you.

And yes Salmon got fined a lousy 1 or 1.5K depending on whether he fights the charge. So he didn't get nothing.

"played the game for 20 years up to grade level and currently coach at rep level".

Who for? Anyone can say that on a forum.

Only Bulldog Steves I know are Mortimer, Hughes, Price and Turner

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
it happens all the time.
True mate. I have heard that he’s an absolute knob still. I’ll be surprised if penrith re-sign him so he’ll be off to his 4th club before he’s 24. That often speaks volumes too

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
True mate. I have heard that he’s an absolute knob still. I’ll be surprised if penrith re-sign him so he’ll be off to his 4th club before he’s 24. That often speaks volumes too
i cant vouch for that, im only working on current facts. He seems to be getting alot of support at present. Players who i know at Penrith say he is a good fella, who do you believe?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine this happened in the real world.

Ricky becomes a police officer and then hunts down Salmon and makes his life a misery, for an incident that happened when Salmon was 12 years old, and Ricky a grown adult with kids at the time.

The analogy isn't much different to what has gone on. As a grown adult Ricky had a right to act out at the time regarding it, but gees it's petty bringing it up 12 years later.

Just shows the sort of person Ricky truly is, and if anything this is more likely to damage him, his reputation, and potentially even his Ricky Stuart Foundation.

Salmon wasn't charged or fined, and nor should he have been.

He was trying to get up to play the ball and Starling was all over him in the ruck. Accidents happen and that's all the kick out was.
Wtf are you on about? You are working off assumptions.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I just point out the facts as we know it...

1. Ricky Stuart has known Salmon since he was a kid (12 years old)

2. Ricky Stuart strongly dislikes Salmon for something or things that have happened in the past.

3. The on field incident involving Salmon angered Stuart.

4. Stuart lashed out at Salmon in the press conference calling him a weak dog and saying he's known him since he was a kid and he was a weak dog then and is still a weak dog.

Everything else is a fucking guess.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i cant vouch for that, im only working on current facts. He seems to be getting alot of support at present. Players who i know at Penrith say he is a good fella, who do you believe?
Maybe he’s turned himself around. Hopefully he has but to be fair they all love Jerome Luai too haha

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like it, but the kid was under 12 at the time. Kids can be bullies and be like that at the time.

Ricky needed to be the better person and put it behind him, not stew over it the past "x" years in hope of bringing it up again at a presser.

Just shows how unprofessional Ricky is. Leave your personal life at home when you come to work, isn't that the golden rule?
True.. especially if this all happened when Salmon was 12..

Seriously most people do or say stupid things.. and can make mistakes when they are kids.. abit childish from Ricky to still react to somthing a kid did or said 10years ago..

In some situations you need to be the bigger "person" and Ricky hasnt been in this instance if hes still seething over somthing a kid of 12years said 10years ago regardless if it was towards his own kids..

I know adults that were bullies at school but nice people now - people can change with age/maturity.. cant forever hold them to their words actions of when they were kids..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who cares, they sucked off May and he is scum.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Salmon get anything for the kick in the end..

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salmon was on his back and any player knows where the other players are, especially at first grade level. Any player would’ve known where Starling was and wouldn’t have lifted their leg like Salmon did “accidentally”.
Did you watch the game, or the link I posted showing when the actual incident occurred?

I kinda feel like most people are discussing this based on seeing a still photo of the incident, which is lightyears from what it looked like in actual telecast/video.

Having rewatched the footage (not looking at a stilll photo), when Salmon gets hit by Starling in a good tackle (that hits him in the midsection), Salmons leg does not move from when he is hit, and its that leg that gets Starling in the nuts as Salmon goes to ground.

He got fined / charged for lashing out with the boot whilst getting up, and accidentally catching Starling (who was cradling his testicles) in the head.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you watch the game, or the link I posted showing when the actual incident occurred?

I kinda feel like most people are discussing this based on seeing a still photo of the incident, which is lightyears from what it looked like in actual telecast/video.

Having rewatched the footage (not looking at a stilll photo), when Salmon gets hit by Starling in a good tackle (that hits him in the midsection), Salmons leg does not move from when he is hit, and its that leg that gets Starling in the nuts as Salmon goes to ground.

He got fined / charged for lashing out with the boot whilst getting up, and accidentally catching Starling (who was cradling his testicles) in the head.
Yes I saw it, penalty was awarded against Starling and put on report. You obviously see it a LOT differently to the way not only I but also Ricky Stuart.

"He got fined / charged for lashing out with the boot whilst getting up, and accidentally catching Starling (who was cradling his testicles) in the head".

That is contrary to what the footage shows and he clearly had his leg held high between Starlings legs and lifted it, hence why Starling fell to the ground and Salmon lashed out again with his legs and Starling head hits Salmons leg/foot on the way down to the ground after receiving the low shot from Salmon. Salmon or anyone would know where his leg was and you don't lash out like he did but he did. It was definitely NO accident.

Go and watch the post match press conference with Ricky Stuart. He wasn't unhappy throughout most of that conference and even praised the effort of his team, said Penrith are a very good side and even said Fisher-Harris tackle that was on report was an accident, I can accept that an hope he doesn't get suspended for that but when asked about the Salmon and Starling incident he reiterated what he said about the Fisher-Harris tackle being an accident but then said what Salmon had done was a dog act.

Seems a extremely harsh penalty put on Ricky for speaking his mind which he shouldn't have but because he did Salmon has got off light.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not a Ricky fan and never really have been. He used the wrong forum to vent and he is well known for a whinge. He will get his medicine no doubt.

All that out of the way, the prick had obviously done something bad enough for a seasoned NRL ex-player and Coach to make some direct comments about the type of person he is/was. As a Father I can easily imagine holding a grudge for some little fukwit had they done something bad enough to do so. I'm leaning towards the prick probably is a weak gutted dog!