News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You obviously didn't see the incident that he was referring to.
I believe everyone's seen this incident, using your tack though - you obviously haven't seen the press conference? :smirk:

I was addressing the fact Ricky has no emotional intelligence.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe everyone's seen this incident, using your tack though - you obviously haven't seen the press conference? :smirk:

I was addressing the fact Ricky has no emotional intelligence.
Well if you did and yes I did see the press conference and the fact that he, Ricky, mentioned that he and his family have had past issues with the family on the back of what he did and the loss, you can half understand he's comments were from a build up of tension over many years and he just lost it. Sometimes things are best left unsaid but his emotions got the better of him.

Yes it was wrong what he said but there were clear reasons for his outburst. He's now apologized, been fined and suspended.

There was a time when actions speak louder than words but not in these social media days. Ricky was right in the way he called what everyone saw.

It was a DOG act! But his comments have now overshadowed Salmons act.

Salmon will only get a fine of 1 to 1.5K.

Utterly ridiculous penalty for what he did compared to what Ricky Stuart said in my opinion.

NRL hierarchy have lost the plot.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So its ok for Jaemon to put shit on Rickys daughter, do you do that too. Your defending Jaemon, so your a weak ****!!!!
No it’s not okay if that the case. But you can’t use your position of power to do what Stuart did.

JimmyRustla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a dad here's my two cents.
Let's just say the narrative of salmon giving Ricky's austistic child shit when he's 12, me personally I'd try to just talk to the kid and mediated and not fly off the handle. Gotta remember the kids 12 and I'm sure ALL of us said some pretty fucked up shit to other kids at 12. I feel like it should have been handled on the spot and mediates between the parents and not divulge into a massive issue.

If salmon today as a man repeated what got Ricky mad about I wouldn't say spray him I'd say smash his teeth in.

The age is the big thing for me

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So its ok for Jaemon to put shit on Rickys daughter, do you do that too. Your defending Jaemon, so your a weak ****!!!!
No one said that but you know what? Kids say crappy, hurtful things to each other when they are 12. It's not like Jaemon said it last week....it was 12 friggin years ago. Ricky should have got over it by now.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Expect plenty more of the same in future origin matches. Tino was a grub, but only a low-level grub. The head grub, Slater, sent his team out with specific instructions to rough up Burton, and, if you do something like that and it works, you are going to keep on doing it.
As usual the officialdom has shown that it doesn't get the game, can't read what is going on, and therefore doesn't act when it should. Many of us had spotted before half time that Burton was being targeted. If the officials had done their job early in the second half it would no longer be an issue.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine this happened in the real world.

Ricky becomes a police officer and then hunts down Salmon and makes his life a misery, for an incident that happened when Salmon was 12 years old, and Ricky a grown adult with kids at the time.

The analogy isn't much different to what has gone on. As a grown adult Ricky had a right to act out at the time regarding it, but gees it's petty bringing it up 12 years later.

Just shows the sort of person Ricky truly is, and if anything this is more likely to damage him, his reputation, and potentially even his Ricky Stuart Foundation.

Salmon will only get a fine of 1 to 1.5K.
Salmon wasn't charged or fined, and nor should he have been.

He was trying to get up to play the ball and Starling was all over him in the ruck. Accidents happen and that's all the kick out was.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine this happened in the real world.

Ricky becomes a police officer and then hunts down Salmon and makes his life a misery, for an incident that happened when Salmon was 12 years old, and Ricky a grown adult with kids at the time.

The analogy isn't much different to what has gone on. As a grown adult Ricky had a right to act out at the time regarding it, but gees it's petty bringing it up 12 years later.

Just shows the sort of person Ricky truly is, and if anything this is more likely to damage him, his reputation, and potentially even his Ricky Stuart Foundation.

He was trying to get up to play the ball and Starling was all over him in the ruck. Accidents happen and that's all the kick out was.
You have to be F"N kidding!

Obviously you've never played the game if you think that.

Salmon knew exactly where he was and what he was doing. Starling was writhing in pain on the ground from his low act.

To say is he shouldn't have been fined is absolute F'N bullshit.......Why the fuck would Ricky say what he said if as you say it was an "accident".

It was a disgraceful act that has been overshadowed by Ricky's post match outburst.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I played and was involved in playing the game when I was young. I have also watched a lot of NRL (and NSWRL) over the years. I honestly can't remember seeing that before. If that was an accident it was an absolute freak occurrence.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one said that but you know what? Kids say crappy, hurtful things to each other when they are 12. It's not like Jaemon said it last week....it was 12 friggin years ago. Ricky should have got over it by now.
Yes Mr Salmon, spose the kick in the nuts and face is ok too.
Why wasn't he suspended for it, did NRL shit themselves, Starling should have punched him in the face for it. Eye for an Eye.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes Mr Salmon, spose the kick in the nuts and face is ok too.
Why wasn't he suspended for it, did NRL shit themselves, Starling should have punched him in the face for it. Eye for an Eye.
i agree on the suspension....I would have been happy with 2 weeks personally. NAS should have been suspended as well last week but didn't get charged at all. Nothing to do with Ricky being a total fucknuckle though.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, Im not a fan of Paul Kent, Ricky is a good man.
We will see over the next 10 or so years if Salmon is still around, i doubt it will be his last grubby act.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I played and was involved in playing the game when I was young. I have also watched a lot of NRL (and NSWRL) over the years. I honestly can't remember seeing that before. If that was an accident it was an absolute freak occurrence.
It happened to Sam Kasiano a few times playing for us (that I can remember). Hoppa also (striking a player with boot trying to get up).

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OK so there's this history with Sticky and Salmon. But now folk wanna know what it is. Stupid way for Sticky to go about this. Say nothing about this history and nobody gives a toss, say it and folk are searching all over to sus what this history's all about.

Could've just said poor effort by Salmon or 100% needs to be a penalty or whatever, just leave this history bit out for the good of your kids.

Never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking.....good advice.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To say is he shouldn't have been fined is absolute F'N bullshit.......Why the fuck would Ricky say what he said if as you say it was an "accident".
Because hes trying to detract from yet another Raiders heavy loss.

Watched the actual incident again and what happens is Starling hits Salmon with a good tackle, in which Salmon is taken off his feet, causing his foot to crack him in the nuts. There's absolutely nothing in it, and Salmons foot/leg does not move from the position Starling hits him in. When trying to get to his feet to play the ball/clear the ruck, Salmon accidentelly brushes him again plus in the face with his boot.

See here: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/t...ch-replay-raiders-v-panthers---round-21-2022/
It's in second half with 20:54 left on clock, or 01:09:33 in telecast.

Just correcting myself too, seems he was fined and charged (Salmon) for Dangerous Contact. Tis buried rather deep in the NRL site about a week ago now.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because hes trying to detract from yet another Raiders heavy loss.

Watched the actual incident again and what happens is Starling hits Salmon with a good tackle, in which Salmon is taken off his feet, causing his foot to crack him in the nuts. There's absolutely nothing in it, and Salmons foot/leg does not move from the position Starling hits him in. When trying to get to his feet to play the ball/clear the ruck, Salmon accidentelly brushes him again plus in the face with his boot.

See here: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/t...ch-replay-raiders-v-panthers---round-21-2022/
It's in second half with 20:54 left on clock, or 01:09:33 in telecast.

Just correcting myself too, seems he was fined and charged (Salmon) for Dangerous Contact. Tis buried rather deep in the NRL site about a week ago now.
These are professional first grade rugby league footballers. They’ve been playing it for a very long time to get to that level. Most players know who’s around them, especially at this level. To do what he did at this level was a very low act.

You say it was an accident, clearly it wasn’t. Referee should’ve penalised Starling for not getting off sooner and this is the result of players taking matters into their own hands if they don’t act sooner.

So let’s say Ricky didn’t say what he said and the match review committee see what happened. What would’ve Salmon got then?

A suspension and fine which he should’ve in the first place.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
These are professional first grade rugby league footballers. They’ve been playing it for a very long time to get to that level. Most players know who’s around them, especially at this level. To do what he did at this level was a very low act.

You say it was an accident, clearly it wasn’t. Referee should’ve penalised Starling for not getting off sooner and this is the result of players taking matters into their own hands if they don’t act sooner.

So let’s say Ricky didn’t say what he said and the match review committee see what happened. What would’ve Salmon got then?

A suspension and fine which he should’ve in the first place.
cant agree Rod, he was trying to get his feet as quick as he could, which we train every play to do. I think it was an accident TBH.
Stuart was out of line and if anyone that defends him it is disgraceful based on a 12 year old kid saying something wrong. I hear worse from posters on this site who are adults.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant agree Rod, he was trying to get his feet as quick as he could, which we train every play to do. I think it was an accident TBH.
Stuart was out of line and if anyone that defends him it is disgraceful based on a 12 year old kid saying something wrong. I hear worse from posters on this site who are adults.
Where did I say I was defending Stuart?

I did post previously that he shouldn’t have said what he said and that he let his emotions get the better of him.

To say it was an accident or that he was trying to get to his feet is laughable.

Salmon was on his back and any player knows where the other players are, especially at first grade level. Any player would’ve known where Starling was and wouldn’t have lifted their leg like Salmon did “accidentally”.