Official Richmond Tigers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on the club working with Richmond? What sort of work was Pay doing with them and if other staff were involved, or was this just a coach to coach thing? We're also working with GWS from memory so is this a one off thing or something the club is looking at continuing?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
apparently they want to form a long term ''partnership'' type thing with the Tigers.. that is all I know.. only heard that Deano went down

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'll see what I can find out. I've got two Mexican colleagues who are Richmond diehards and have ties to that club.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on the club working with Richmond? What sort of work was Pay doing with them and if other staff were involved, or was this just a coach to coach thing? We're also working with GWS from memory so is this a one off thing or something the club is looking at continuing?
Might have something to do with the rule change and kicks to wingers, teaching us how to jump?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let hear it :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Might have something to do with the rule change and kicks to wingers, teaching us how to jump?
No, I think they're trying to trade Lewis to them tbh. Na but seriously, I think it's more club management/coaching related rather than player based, think GWS is for player coaching.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m a tigers member what are the odds

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Its more a mentorship for Pay... Richmond have a very successful team with a unique moral and winning formula... He's there to find out what makes them tick. Pick up some tips..great idea! Why not!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a good thing we also need one with an esl club like st helens give each other first dibs when a player is leaving

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was learning the importance of trials prior to a season proper and also how to work an interchange effectively

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would’ve made more sense to collaborate with our name sake..
The WESTERN BULLDOGS!!
To be honest though..I don’t care if it’s Geelong,as long as Deano improves considerably
Dog 4 Life

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hate Richmond with a passion lol but if it helps our kickers so be it

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I have read and heard the collaboration with Richmond has very little to do with transferring player skills. Of course if it's there it will be taken advantage of but it's not in the main objectives. What it is mostly about is observing, understanding and taking away any administration, coaching, player development and mentoring learnings from a long term demonstrably successful and well run sporting club. A lot of clubs coaching staff do it, both locally and internationally.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Spoke to the Mexicans. Apparently it's nothing too official and mostly at coaching level. Damien Hardwick (AFL Tigers Coach) took over that team in 2010 when they were at their lowest ebb (hadn't won a comp for 30 years) and within 10 years has guided them to two premierships.

So before the bleaters come out swinging, it's not about The Dogs aiming to win a premiership within 10 years - it's about culture, loyalty and the mission as you're in the build phase. Apparently Deano wanted no stone unturned in preparing for 2020 - or so I'm told.

That's as much as I could get - and the Tigers also regularly do tackling and other drills with the Storm as they train across the road from each other (Punt Rd & AAMI Park).

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I have read and heard the collaboration with Richmond has very little to do with transferring player skills. Of course if it's there it will be taken advantage of but it's not in the main objectives. What it is mostly about is observing, understanding and taking away any administration, coaching, player development and mentoring learnings from a long term demonstrably successful and well run sporting club. A lot of clubs coaching staff do it, both locally and internationally.
Spoke to the Mexicans. Apparently it's nothing too official and mostly at coaching level. Damien Hardwick (AFL Tigers Coach) took over that team in 2010 when they were at their lowest ebb (hadn't won a comp for 30 years) and within 10 years has guided them to two premierships (sounds like the promise of the Despot :-)).
So before the bleaters come out swinging, it's not about The Dogs aiming to win a premiership within 10 years - it's about culture, loyalty and the mission as you're in the build phase - or so I'm told. That's as much as I could get.
Pretty much the same as I heard locally.

Go Dogs

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
as we have no dedicated goal kicker, dean pay was working on the theory of every goal kick we miss we still get 1 point