Social Media Rhyse Martin will ask for a release

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if he did he seems right down the bottom of the pecking order for backrow spots.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why he would ask for a release when he just signed a 1 year extension.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't heard the rumour but there's a reason for the one year deal - either he was backing himself to get an upgrade with us or hoping for a longer term deal elsewhere during the year.

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haven't heard the rumour but there's a reason for the one year deal - either he was backing himself to get an upgrade with us or hoping for a longer term deal elsewhere during the year.
Thanks

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why he would ask for a release when he just signed a 1 year extension.
Some other club has probably offered him a multi year deal and might be trying to get him early.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got no idea if this rumour is true or not but I’d be surprised if Martin is a Bulldog this time next year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Don't believe the shit on Facebook, as often made up by opposing fans (or fans without a clue) to stir things up. Heck a few years back a rumour was created on here and made it all the way to the papers, and was a complete fabrication.

He's very much part of the rebuild and will interchange with Elliott at lock this season. (Martin, Sue, CHN, Fualalo as likely bench).

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/02/20/martin-coach-pay-wants-me-to-take-control/

"Dean wants me to take control when I get the ball in my hands".

Martin only signs one year deals, he mentioned it in an interview after he resigned last year. Said he didn't like the idea of locking himself into multi year deals and becomming complacent.

He knocked back offers from several clubs including a better ESL deal, to stay at the Bulldogs.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Martin only signs one year deals, he mentioned it in an interview after he resigned last year. Said he didn't like the idea of locking himself into multi year deals and becomming complacent.

He knocked back offers from several clubs including a better ESL deal, to stay at the Bulldogs.
Tbh I wouldn't take that reason as genuine, he was just saying what he had to based on his decision. I'm pretty sure he signed a 2 year deal when he joined us in 2016.

What person wouldn't want the security of a 3 year deal with a decent salary if offered. He may not have gone to ESL because not every player wants to go to the other side of the world.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere, we wouldnt release him because we wouldn’t be able to replace him with anyone better for the same $$.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow..!! Anything is possible,surely he stays.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ive been thinking that he will in the last week given the chatter.... Ethan Lowe GK backrower rumoured to head to souths... i get the feeling the bunnies and NQ working together on this one

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive been thinking that he will in the last week given the chatter.... Ethan Lowe GK backrower rumoured to head to souths... i get the feeling the bunnies and NQ working together on this one
Last week of what?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere, we wouldnt release him because we wouldn’t be able to replace him with anyone better for the same $$.
You don’t think he sees the signing of CHN as a threat? CHN is a much better back tower than Martin, the only edge he has is his goal kicking. I don’t see the club releasing him either. He’s on a one year prove it deal so we can only benefit from him playing for a new deal.